Upgrading/replacing Bose speakers

vetch

A4 Avant
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace/refresh the standard Bose speakers in my 2009 S3. I'm not looking for audiophile quality, I'd just like to replace the standard and tired Bose front and rear speakers but run the new speakersthem off the HU and rear amp.

I believe that they are 16.5 components (with a simple crossover). I also know that I'll need 2ohm speakers.

I'm hoping it will be door cards off, swap speakers, a bit of sound deadening, door cards back on. Job done?

Has anyone else attempted this? Any advice or speaker recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to replace/refresh the standard Bose speakers in my 2009 S3. I'm not looking for audiophile quality, I'd just like to replace the standard and tired Bose front and rear speakers but run the new speakersthem off the HU and rear amp.

I believe that they are 16.5 components (with a simple crossover). I also know that I'll need 2ohm speakers.

I'm hoping it will be door cards off, swap speakers, a bit of sound deadening, door cards back on. Job done?

Thanks in advance.

Keep us informed as I need to replace one/both of mine in the front. Haven’t even looked how the door cards come off yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doorcards front are simple to remove ,
Bootom off doorcard run ur hand along until u find screw ( think its torx 20) then remove doortrim with plastic tool and follow the line up from bootom screw until ur under armrest and put torx 20 tool in hole until you feel other screw then above armest there is another hole again place torx20 tool in hole to find screw , once all 3 are removed use plastic tool to prise doorcard away from skin . Once you have done this inside top off card is the lock wire for handle remove this and then down at that the speaker you will see a plug with a purple tab attached unplug that and doorcard will come away .
Passengers rear cards are harder to remove if ur wanting to get into speakers if car is three door , 5dr probably just like removing front doorcards .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Abi

Thanks in advance.
Why run the fronts off the HU? Do you have an aftermarket hu?

Why run the fronts off the HU? Do you have an aftermarket hu?
I assumed that the Bose amp powered the rears and HU powered the fronts? The Bose amp runs all four speakers then?

Any recommendations for speakers? I'm not looking to spend a shedload, even budget/mid range would be far superior to the 12 year old Bose ones.

Amp runs all 4. In terms of recommendations I haven bought speakers for nearly 20 years! so am a bit out of date, but I like alpine.

what’s wrong with the speakers? My 16yr old ones are fine.