Facelift Upgrading inlet & intake on an already mapped car....?

1664Hatter

Reaction score
Hi all,

Question for the mapping experts...

My car already has a stage 1 Revo map, upgraded I/C (Wag Evo1) and Revo panel filter...

If I upgrade to a less restrictive inlet (3inch) and intake increasing the air flow, will this cause any issues with the AFR or will the cars map adjust to the increased volume of air?

Cheers.

Hi all,

Question for the mapping experts...

My car already has a stage 1 Revo map, upgraded I/C (Wag Evo1) and Revo panel filter...

If I upgrade to a less restrictive inlet (3inch) and intake increasing the air flow, will this cause any issues with the AFR or will the cars map adjust to the increased volume of air?

Cheers.
The car will adjust there is enough tolerance for these kind of changes that the car can adapt. Slightly off topic i see you have the Evo 1 i was also looking at this before a stage 1 upgrade amongst other options, How was fit and has it performed well and as expected?

The car will adjust there is enough tolerance for these kind of changes that the car can adapt. Slightly off topic i see you have the Evo 1 i was also looking at this before a stage 1 upgrade amongst other options, How was fit and has it performed well and as expected?

Thanks.

I installed the intercooler back in October but the car was only back on the road in March, mapped and then taken off the road again due to Covid 19 and lack of use. So I've not really had chance to test it, but I'm sure it's going to be ample for my needs (stage 1 tune).

Install was easy enough once you have the bumper off. It's a little tight but no modifications required at all.

Thanks.

I installed the intercooler back in October but the car was only back on the road in March, mapped and then taken off the road again due to Covid 19 and lack of use. So I've not really had chance to test it, but I'm sure it's going to be ample for my needs (stage 1 tune).

Install was easy enough once you have the bumper off. It's a little tight but no modifications required at all.
Shame i'm sure it will get some more use now! That's the only stage i'm really looking to go so i like the idea of no modifications to the front end and the price sits well compared to others even if it is still expensive due to RS tax.

Shame i'm sure it will get some more use now! That's the only stage i'm really looking to go so i like the idea of no modifications to the front end and the price sits well compared to others even if it is still expensive due to RS tax.

That's why I went for it in the end. Keeps it OEM looking, standard crash barrier stays in place etc...

It's getting taken of SORN tomorrow - can't wait :grinning:

Car will adapt and take advantage of the gains for sure. Mine ran Revo Stage 1 initially (now Unitronic Stage 2) and when I changed the stock inlet for the Uni inlet, I noticed a significant performance gain when testing on Dragy.

Car will adapt and take advantage of the gains for sure. Mine ran Revo Stage 1 initially (now Unitronic Stage 2) and when I changed the stock inlet for the Uni inlet, I noticed a significant performance gain when testing on Dragy.

Great thanks for the feedback. Spoke to Revo and they said the same.