Upgrading Front Speakers

1600sport

Reaction score
I've done a search in this forum and couldn't find what I was looking for - sorry.

But are the front speakers 13cm, are they a straight swap with a pair of new 13cm's.

Also, has anyone got any reccomendations for new front speakers.

I remember seeing a pictorial guide showing you how to remove the door, does anyone have this?

Cheers

you will need brakets to fit the speaker to as audi use a 3 scre bracket in a triangle format.. .....

if that make sence...

basicly you need a bracket! lol

Once I've got the bracket, which I assume is from halfords is it a straight 13cm speaker swap?

Cheers

yeah i think so

ask AndyMac, he is your man for car audio

yup... obviously if your new speakers have a rather large magnet on the back you may need to reenforce the bracket with brown bread or more mdf and also create sort of another braket ontop of the new braket to lift the speaker more out of the door so it doesnt catch on window when it is put down...

Just be careful about the depth of any aftermarket speakers you choose. The OEM speakers are only 4", so you don't have much room, and some, depending on their design, can foul the bracket/door card, which will sound horrible.
Removing the card is easy. 2 screws either end at the top. One screw behind the grab handle to release the plastic cuff. Remove the cuff and the 2 main screws are hidden behind. Then just lift straight up and out. The panel will still be connected to the door via wire for the door release and various cables that can be unclipped.