Upgrading from 8V S3

Camerz-

Reaction score
Hi all, thinking of upgrading to the rs3 but unsure on a couple of things.
First thing is as much as I love the look of the Nardo Grey im beginning to wonder if it's becoming a bit too popular as its standard, and just wondered if anyone that has a Nardo grey thought the same before ordering but 100% wouldn't go back after seeing it in the flesh? (Local Audi has one in Nardo but without black pack).
Second thing is the dynamic pack worth it? Not heard one without the sports exhaust but as there's quite a lot of questions asked about it I thought I'd ask everyone on here if now they have theirs is it worth it?

T.I.A

Whilst a number of us have either got or ordered Nardo you won't actually see too many on the road imho as the RS3 is a rare car. Excluding a meet I went to I've only seen one other on the road and that was once. Here's the pic that convinced me on Nardo:

img_2201.jpg

TX.

Reactions: Sandra
Still not seen an RS3 on the road let alone a Nardo one and I drive through one of the busiest roads in central Scotland twice a day everyday.

First thing is as much as I love the look of the Nardo Grey im beginning to wonder if it's becoming a bit too popular as its standard, and just wondered if anyone that has a Nardo grey thought the same before ordering but 100% wouldn't go back after seeing it in the flesh? (Local Audi has one in Nardo but without black pack).
Second thing is the dynamic pack worth it? Not heard one without the sports exhaust but as there's quite a lot of questions asked about it I thought I'd ask everyone on here if now they have theirs is it worth it?

T.I.A

too popular an RS3?
yes, the dynamic pack is "the pack"

imagine, you had a hard day, you see your RS3 parked and with a smile you open the door, seat and push the start button...

the exhaust is in comfort mode and the sound is amazing (but: oh yes you bought the RS3 with the dynamic pack) then you select the dynamic mode and I can assure you will forget the hard day :)

DO IT.

too popular an RS3?
yes, the dynamic pack is "the pack"

imagine, you had a hard day, you see your RS3 parked and with a smile you open the door, seat and push the start button...

the exhaust is in comfort mode and the sound is amazing (but: oh yes you bought the RS3 with the dynamic pack) then you select the dynamic mode and I can assure you will forget the hard day :)

DO IT.
Totally concur. Picked mine up NY eve and not been out of dynamic mode yet .... Will get some pics up soon.

Reactions: Sandra
I went from the 8V S3 to the new RS3. Whilst the S3 was a great car, the dull drone of the 4 pot got a little boring after a while and the excitement wasn't all there. The RS3 is a big set up from the S3. Completely different car to drive.

Reactions: T-800
Yeah I've only ever seen 2 rs3's out and about.. 1 nardo and one sepang. I admit there's not many of them thats for sure..

T.I.A
You buy an rs3 because of the 5 pot. Dynamic pack is a no brainier to make the most out of the sound from the engine tbh. Otherwise you should save yourself even more and money and buy an s3.

I ordered nardo originally but changed to sepang in the end. Glad I did, don't get me wrong, the nardo looks great but I prefer the look of the Sepang, especially on a sunny day! Dynamic pack a must

love nardo grey looks the nuts in the flesh

I wouldn't say the Nardo is too popular just because its free, if anything it may end up being the least popular, Id say Sepang is the most popular colour. But saying that Ive not even seen a new RS on the road yet except an orange one last week, and that was the only one.
This convince you ?

Attachments

• 921413_10153140204490806_3567085514667849437_o.jpg
    921413_10153140204490806_3567085514667849437_o.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: AndyB-S3
I ordered nardo originally but changed to sepang in the end. Glad I did, don't get me wrong, the nardo looks great but I prefer the look of the Sepang, especially on a sunny day! Dynamic pack a must
Yeah I currently have the sepang s3 and when it's been detailed..it looks unreal! The nardo with black pack is growing on me though!

Never seen one on the road but S3's are two to a penny. Ive been on the road a lot too! Ive order nardo and still glad, would not change it (can't now anyway lol)

Never seen one on the road but S3's are two to a penny. Ive been on the road a lot too! Ive order nardo and still glad, would not change it (can't now anyway lol)
Me too and like I said I've only seen 2 lol. Nardo with black pack I think for me..down at Audi tomorrow so will see. What spec have you gone for mate?

Ive gone for:
Nardo grey
Grey super sport seats / Black head lining
Comfort and sound package
Privacy glass
Non smoking package
Advanced key
Wider tyres at the front with black alloys
Red calipers
High gloss styling package
Active lane assist
Sat nav (now standard anyway)

Build date on the 11th on Jan and i should be picking her up in March for the new plate.

What other spec will you hopefully go for?

I went from the 8V S3 to the new RS3. Whilst the S3 was a great car, the dull drone of the 4 pot got a little boring after a while and the excitement wasn't all there. The RS3 is a big set up from the S3. Completely different car to drive.
Agree... but how can you be fully loaded without a Pan roof!!

Very nice! All going well..
Nardo Grey
Black Styling Pack
Dynamic Pack
Red calipers
Super Sports seats
Privacy Glass
Wider Tyres front/Black alloys
Debated Pano roof but having second thoughts as the price is a bit steep IMO

So all in all quite similar to yours!

Yeah the price is a little more than i wanted to spend on a pan roof so never went for it, sometimes i think i should of got the dynamic pack then other times I'm happy without.

I know someone with an RS3 in Nardo and saw it at the dealers way before i ordered mine (and before i knew him), just fell in love with it and wanted one! Had to have the quattro in the grill though! None of that señor crap.

All in all yeah similar to mine so i think your have a smile from ear to ear like i have... and this is even before I've picked it up!

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Yeah whichever way round you do it it'll always sound good dynamic pack or not..as for the magnetic ride, I've never had it before so should be interesting to see what its like and if it makes much difference. Yeah Nottingham Audi have a nardo in with the aluminum pack and it doesn't look the same that's for sure..not to me anyway! The red calipers is also a nice touch tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Eigdoog
get the pan roof, the black really changes the look of Nardo, as well as the roof rails, i wished id specced the black mirrors, but that can easily be changed with a simple wrap. Everything black on the Nardo works really well. To the point I want to wrap the other half of the roof gloss black to match the roof, and do the mirrors black, and even thinking of wrapping the back number plate section of the boot gloss black like the S1's. Nardo is a mean colour that only really suits the black highlights.

get the pan roof, the black really changes the look of Nardo, as well as the roof rails, i wished id specced the black mirrors, but that can easily be changed with a simple wrap. Everything black on the Nardo works really well. To the point I want to wrap the other half of the roof gloss black to match the roof, and do the mirrors black, and even thinking of wrapping the back number plate section of the boot gloss black like the S1's. Nardo is a mean colour that only really suits the black highlights.
Im changing my order to Nardo with black styling.black mirrors and pan roof(not going privacy glass though).
I was thinking of not getting pan roof and getting whole roof wrapped-not sure how easy that would be and cost-ice sacrificed the B&O stereo for the pan roof and gone audi upgraded stereo. I think the red totally suits full black look too.

I like Nardo.

It looks good on the RS3 and even better on RS6!!

Any feedback from owners in relation to its durability? Chips, swirls etc....

I absolutely love the pan roof mainly because you can listen to the sweet exhaust note with it open ha ha :)

Reactions: RGBARGEE