Upgrading A4 to S4

JamesGlober

Reaction score
Hi all, currently driving a 2014 A4 black edition saloon and going to see a 2013 S4 estate black edition 58,000 miles the weekend. Does anyone know what to look out for and have any advice? What do people spend of fuel a week?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking out for the gearbox service. Should be done around every 35k miles. Fuel wise it all depends on how you drive it obviously. Out of a full tank I get around 220-240 but I drive mainly short journeys on country roads. Also I have an intake fitted so as to hear the supercharge whine which is addictive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: JamesGlober
As above, I also do short journeys and it hovers around 20mpg, on a longer journey it'll see 27mpg (ish)

Reactions: JamesGlober and forty3
300 miles is easily achievable, 30mpg if you are not too heavy footed but low 20s if you are.

I normally only get around 17mpg but I mostly do short journeys, but have seen 32mpg on a trip (Epsom, Southampton, Epsom, Littlehampton, Epsom). Also have an induction kit and the mpg dropped as soon as i added it.

We only do 4k miles a year so I live with it as the smiles are worth it!

Reactions: JamesGlober and elpeterol
Totally agree with Rossboy. The sound and grin make up for it.

I use mine every day - standard S4 Avant. Commuting mix of motorway & A roads, I average around 280 from a tank. (SuperPlus gives an extra 10%). Definitely check the gearbox service - enjoy!

Might be worth a watch. He has other videos as well.

My wife got 33mpg on a stage 1 map with Tesco 99. I get 18mpg because.... It is stage 1 and I like to drive it.

I get about 280 miles between fill ups on standard unleaded. Gearbox service is due every 38k miles max.

Loving these comments! I commute 18 miles a day mostly motorway but it’s just that type of car isn’t it. I’ll definitely watch that video and most definitely get an induction kit on it soon as possible... if I go for it!

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping this works, about a min in you can hear the induction kit a bit.

Hoping this works, about a min in you can hear the induction kit a bit.

Sounds lovely that! What induction kit you running? I’ve got an APR carbon intake on my 2.0 diesel, need it selling actually if I go for one of these monsters.

Is that a stock exhaust?

Russboy

Maybe about 5mpg in those shots lol. I have a Revo stasis in mine and the whine is awesome.

Sounds lovely that! What induction kit you running? I’ve got an APR carbon intake on my 2.0 diesel, need it selling actually if I go for one of these monsters.

Is that a stock exhaust?

Injen induction kit and standard exhaust.

Ive just bought my 2nd S4, previous was a manual this time an Stronic. For commuting the stronic is better. Im doing about 45 miles round trip everyday with mainly straightish a-roads. Getting 27mpg. Long run last week on motorway was 31mpg. That's fairly sensible driving mind you. Will easily go to low 20's if booting it.