Upgrades for new..... well 2016 but new to me A7

Woldennis

Reaction score
Hi all, new here as I'm about to collect my 2016 a7 tues. All excited lol as I've test drove a few.

It's a 3.0 v6 black edition, only the 218 bhp but I've booked it in for gear box and engine remap to sort that.

It has the tech pack but I don't think it has apple car play or reverse camera, could anyone point me in right location for the best place to get the camera and does the sd card upgrade really allow you to update to car play and android auto?

Or I just saw the fixed 12 inch screen on another thread, any links and opinions?

Also any other must have upgrades or recommendations you guys or girls can recommend?

Thanks in advance

Congrats on the A7 :yahoo:

Post a picture if you can.

My S7 is currently garaged as I’m working outside the UK for a bit. I miss driving it lol.

I’ve done a few mods to the S7, and though the engine mods won’t apply, most of the other cosmetic type stuff should work.

Here are a few links :racer:

My Way
MMI Upgrade
Wheely Good
Someone Else’s Mods

That should keep you busy for a bit, and give you some ideas. You can message me if you have any questions (May be a delayed answer as I’m in another timezone :whistle2: )

John :hi:

Reactions: NevMan and Woldennis
Here is she is, previous owner put the rs7 front grill on. I'm going to get the side vents and centre bar wrapped in gloss black though.

Had it remapped to 320 and also had the gearbox mapped too.

I installed the gloss black rear diffuser last night, pleased with result.

Next on the list is an rs nav I think, then rs7 air box.

20230417 153120
20230421 081958

Last edited:
Reactions: amowolves, NevMan, RAF_S7 and 1 other person
Congrats on the A7 :yahoo:

Post a picture if you can.

My S7 is currently garaged as I’m working outside the UK for a bit. I miss driving it lol.

I’ve done a few mods to the S7, and though the engine mods won’t apply, most of the other cosmetic type stuff should work.

Here are a few links :racer:

My Way
MMI Upgrade
Wheely Good
Someone Else’s Mods

That should keep you busy for a bit, and give you some ideas. You can message me if you have any questions (May be a delayed answer as I’m in another timezone :whistle2: )

John :hi:
Yours looks mint mate, very nice.

Reactions: RAF_S7
Here is she is, previous owner put the rs7 front grill on. I'm going to get the side vents and centre bar wrapped in gloss black though.

View attachment 266502View attachment 266503

Cars looking sweet

You can update the MMI firmware urself, to get AA/CarPlay

Rear camera install depends on where ur located. Vag car coding (north London) or Audi retrofits (west London)

Loving that diffuser, you got a link for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Woldennis
Cars looking sweet

You can update the MMI firmware urself, to get AA/CarPlay

Rear camera install depends on where ur located. Vag car coding (north London) or Audi retrofits (west London)

Loving that diffuser, you got a link for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers mate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16598178...ASTtJYBQhG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY thats the diffuser link

I updated the software in the end, had a sketchy moment 2 days of owning where it was stuck in the engineering menu for about 2 hrs and wouldn't come out lol, got there in the end though.

I'm in Kent so not too far. Still toying with the rs nav idea but defo want the camera, going from a camera to sensors seems so odd. 2011 kia sportage with camera, 2016 A7 no camera, go figure lol.

The 360 degree camera looks interesting too.

Think the rs nav screen really updates the interior imo.

Got a feeling this car is going to be a money pit in terms on modding haha, already making lists

Reactions: Bishop187
My list so far is:
Rs nav or similar screen install
Wrap side vents and centre bar of bumper in gloss black
Maxton front splitter, then potentially rear spats and side skirts in gloss black too.
Spray calipers in silver, they are looking grim at moment .... love the cadbury purple but not brave enough I think, maybe when I get new wheels.
RS6/7 air box install

Reactions: RAF_S7
Oh and my favourite mod lol, picked up this spigen key holder. Sick of the keys rattling around and tidies up the fob nicely I think

Spigen Valentinus Key Clip Holder Keyring - Black https://amzn.eu/d/7B2FFoI

Reactions: NevMan

Looks like you actually have the RS style front bumper, grill and rear valence!

Looking good :thumbs up:

Reactions: Woldennis
My 19 yr old surprised me by washing the car whilst I was asleep, had been working nights so i wrapped the the centre bar in gloss black that evening, just the vents to do now. Absolute pain in **** to do, had to make inlays for the 2 vertical bits but pleased. Gonna do vents then add the splitter
20230521 213533

Also swapped the rear badge for gloss black
20230520 200120

20230520 200107

Reactions: luke8391, amowolves and Bishop187
My 19 yr old surprised me by washing the car whilst I was asleep, had been working nights so i wrapped the the centre bar in gloss black that evening, just the vents to do now. Absolute pain in **** to do, had to make inlays for the 2 vertical bits but pleased. Gonna do vents then add the splitterView attachment 267591

Also swapped the rear badge for gloss black
View attachment 267589
View attachment 267590
IMG 1971

I really like that diffuser you got, and now I’m convincing myself to get the same one!
I managed to get a full maxton kit off eBay second hand, but in brand new condition including splitter, side skirts, rear corners and spoiler for £290 and in my opinion adds to the aggression. Have you put any spacers on yours with the 21 inch rotors ? Thinking of doing that myself but not sure in sizes etc… mine also being the 218hp version, have you had any issues with the map? I’m north London so was wondering where you got the map done as I wouldn’t mind a bit of extra power myself, my previous 430d was a lot more responsive (no where near as good looking)!

View attachment 269657
I really like that diffuser you got, and now I’m convincing myself to get the same one!
I managed to get a full maxton kit off eBay second hand, but in brand new condition including splitter, side skirts, rear corners and spoiler for £290 and in my opinion adds to the aggression. Have you put any spacers on yours with the 21 inch rotors ? Thinking of doing that myself but not sure in sizes etc… mine also being the 218hp version, have you had any issues with the map? I’m north London so was wondering where you got the map done as I wouldn’t mind a bit of extra power myself, my previous 430d was a lot more responsive (no where near as good looking)!
Hi, nice looking car. No spacers on mine, think 15mm max if I was going to.

Defo map it, different car.

I had the gearbox and the ecu map for about £550 I think.

Phantom tuning in Kent, about 5 mins from Dartford crossing. Had no issues and pulls like a train now. 700 nm torque.

I'm thinking of the maxton kit too. It's subtle but makes a difference

Hi, nice looking car. No spacers on mine, think 15mm max if I was going to.

Defo map it, different car.

I had the gearbox and the ecu map for about £550 I think.

Phantom tuning in Kent, about 5 mins from Dartford crossing. Had no issues and pulls like a train now. 700 nm torque.

I'm thinking of the maxton kit too. It's subtle but makes a difference
I know a phantom tuning not far from me in Bedford, so I will give them a shout! You had any issues with the gearbox or clutch or anything since remapping ? Does the gearbox feel faster aswell ? Sorry for the load of questions!

Hi mate, how easy was it fitting the diffuser ? Just ordered the same one from that link you posted. Did you have to cut the exhaust etc….
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 269657
IMG 1697
IMG 1919

Super late reply! I had 15mm spacers all round on my old one, looks great. Will be doing the same when I pick up the new one this week.