Upgrades for my B7 A4?

Jordan Reep

Reaction score
I have the 2.0 TDI 170 BHP B7, A4.. bought a few months ago off a family friend who is a mechanic and chipped it safely and correctly himself.
Taking it up to touching 210 BHP and averaging around 46/47 mpg.. :laughing:
However maybe looking to take it past the 210 mark and unsure of what would be some suitable upgrades.. have considered the remap but unsure on how the results would work!

Any help or info would appreciate it!

I have the 2.0 TDI 170 BHP B7, A4.. bought a few months ago off a family friend who is a mechanic and chipped it safely and correctly himself.
Taking it up to touching 210 BHP and averaging around 46/47 mpg.. :laughing:
However maybe looking to take it past the 210 mark and unsure of what would be some suitable upgrades.. have considered the remap but unsure on how the results would work!

Any help or info would appreciate it!

If you're looking for powerrrr go the GTB2260 route. Not cheap though, will have to do clutch as well. WMI also a pretty decent investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply mate! I'll have a look into it and get some money saved up Would you reckon anything more than the clutch would need doing to support the power? Just so I could start trying to price things up

I'd say replace the two side mount ICs with a decent front mount IC (won't be too expensive). Just a word of caution: my hex shaft in the oil pump wore out at 180 000 kms. Turbo ceased as a result. Have it checked when you are approaching high mileage its not a pleasant experience. I replaced my shaft with a heavy duty allen key.. works like a charm! Love this car though ;) keep me posted pretty keen to hear what you are planning!

I've tried my best to find the max capacity of the injectors. Best info I could find was a bloak who managed to get 300HP from them. They are not mod-friendly, won't recommend playing with the nozzles. Check out Darkside Development if you are looking for bolt-on kits or ProfiTurbo for a GTB2260 that has the vacum conversion done on the actuator. Good luck and enjoy!