1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded reversing lamps.

Just Rob. Sep 29, 2019

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

I recall looking into this subject a while back but there wasn't much one could do about the rubbish output of the reversing lamps on the B7.
    So is this still the case, do we still have to put up with very poor reversing illumination, one of the B7's more substandard areas.

Anyone have any news on the subject .

cheers
    rob

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Phantom Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

All I can add is that if a decent pair of LED's are fitted, then resistors will be required.
    All these ads for 'Error Free' and the like are lies!

Rob Avant likes this.
  4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

I have yet to find a decent solution , if there is one then maybe somebody can enlighten us all.:yes:

Stanningtonglen likes this.
  5. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

6. Just Rob.

might give that a go , but kinda suspect its more of a cosmetic thing and probably does work better with a saloon than avant.

7. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

Just Rob. likes this.
  8. Just Rob.

Ok , thanks .
    will give them a go.

9. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Why have 50W when you can have 100W ?

10. Just Rob.

can you expand on that a bit more.

11. Gazwould

Let there be light !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2019-09-29 22.21.56.jpg

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. UkRule's

UkRule's New Member

Same problem here, let us know if they are "error free" and suitable for our B7's

14. Gazwould

Weird thing is some will work in a Mercedes but not in a Corsa .

15. UkRule's

UkRule's New Member

I have tried a few different ones from ebay and with all of them I had the error comming on the dashboard.

16. Rob Avant

Rob Avant Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Phantom S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

Not the best picture taken quite some time ago and it wasn’t exactly dark.
    The left is stock the right is 50w Cree LED (with resistors)
    Makes a big difference reversing up the worlds tightest driveway in the dark!

AB7BE0B5-18C3-4946-8EB3-40E915F24532.jpeg

Just Rob. likes this.
  17. Just Rob.

Any issues with heat from them Rob, don't fancy melting the clusters..lol

18. Rob Avant

Rob Avant Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Phantom S-line owners group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro Manual

I’ve had the resistors installed behind the light clusters for over 3 years and not had any issues.
    I noticed they got warm after a few minutes use (when I was installing them) although I don’t have the car in reverse for more than a minute at a time really.

19. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Phantom Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

LED bulbs don't work in a lot of Vauxhalls for some reason. Not in my GSi Carlton, but they did in my SE2 Calibra. Very odd.

20. John2000s

John2000s 2.0TFSi Sline Quattro Avant-agous Bronze Supporter

Friend of mine has the 50w Cree LED and he has no errors....I find them too bright!

21. Sidrick

Sidrick Active Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4

Between coding out safety features or wanting to project the sun from the **** of your car, I struggle to follow some folk sometimes, haha.

CHEZ likes this.
  22. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Yep i agree. Ive now covered my "white" bits with red lense tape to have all red rears

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk