Upgraded intake for 2.0 TDI models

Reaction score
Are there any nice air intakes/induction systems for the 2.0tdi models?

I love the carbon APR system for the S3, but this wouldn't work with a TDI or would it?

I would say none that actually meet the claims the manufacturers make. If its performance you are after then a tuning box is better value for money...

It's not necessarily performance I'm after, that's why I bought a diesel!

My main reason is for shows, and to make my engine bay look a bit more impressive

I show my derv engine off to complete strangers at the Tesco car park .

Reactions: Scotty2011 and The Challinor
Just because it's diesel doesn't mean it shouldn't be modified in any way.

Doing nearly 20k miles a year, it wasn't a sensible choice to go for the S3 or any other petrol models, so I was left with no choice but to buy a diesel.

It's still going to be my pride and joy no matter what fuels it, and to be honest I think the whole snobbery towards diesels being so awful and 'boring' is rediculous!

A diesel as I have said before, can be totally transformed by a remap and makes a definite performance gain and 'fun' to drive...

Seems a shame to put a much poorer performing filter on the car just to look nice on the odd occasion you might show some one what the engine looks like.
I find it more impressive to look under a bonnet and see a lovely clean and polished engine bay.

Reactions: The Challinor
Now this is more like it A3 RS3 engine bay

006c3c2085c74802bc19f9d469807573.jpg

Reactions: lucas-suisse