Upgraded Fuel Pressure Relief Valve (RS4 / 165 Bar)

Graham Smith

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All,

Right, I am running Revo stage 3 on a 2.0 TFSI. I have followed the Revo Hardware recomendations to the letter in what is needed to get the most out of the Stage 3 Map.

Today I was told that the car is being "Held back" by the stock Fuel Pressure Relief valve and that sticking either an RS4 valve or even a 165 bar valve onto the fuel rail will ensure I get the most from the map.

Surely if this made that much difference then Revo would suggest it? Also, if fitted, surely it will need a tweak of the map to adjust the fueling?

Anyone got any thoughts (Lost of Sussex....)

Thanks,

Thanks for comin g back guys, the thing is, I am running a larger Turbo - K04 from the K03. However, as I say, if Revo thought the valve would benefit, surely they would speicfy it?

The reason for asking is that I ran a couple of power runs yesterday and the guys as the Dyno were suggesting that fitting this would help as the fuel pressure was holding the car back. I can't see how fitting it would help unless the Map is ammended and if the map is ammended then Revo would specify it.....!!

Just looking for thoughts.

Cheers,

A revo stg3 on a 200bhp 20ltr is about 320bhp which is about stg 1 on an s3 so i guess you are running a std fuel pump so i cant see you need to replace the valve ? what power did the dyno show ?

Hi @Graham Smith - when we go to Stg2+ we typically run the RS4 FPRV for the increased fuel pressure so it makes sense that the dyno guys are suggesting this. It would be worth calling Revo to see if they can provide any sort to tweek for the fprv. Alternatively it could be worth investigating a custom map to make the most of hardware.

Reactions: Graham Smith
Awsome GTI say

This component is necessary when running a KO4 Turbo and going to Stage 2/Stage 2+ with some software brands.
Note: Please contact the person mapping your vehicle to make sure this item is required before installing.

The RS4 valve is 135 bar good on most 2+ maps, updated turbos probably need the 165 bar AKS version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A revo stg3 on a 200bhp 20ltr is about 320bhp which is about stg 1 on an s3 so i guess you are running a std fuel pump so i cant see you need to replace the valve ? what power did the dyno show ?

Ive got the APR HPFP internals, S3 injectors, KO4 Turbo, Forge Muffler Delete, Revo CAI, Cobra 3" Turbo Back with Sports Cat. Revo reckon the map is good for 350 and the dyno came back at 320. Dont get me wrong, the car is plenty fast enough as it is, but the comment that the FPRV was holding it back has got me confused....

It helps with midrange. Top end is similar to stage2+ without rs4 fpr.

Reactions: paddy
I don't know if your std FPRV is the same as an S3 one but my car seems fine at 350+ bhp on the std valve and APR never mentioned it should be changed .

I don't know if your std FPRV is the same as an S3 one but my car seems fine at 350+ bhp on the std valve and APR never mentioned it should be changed .
It's not needed but it helps a lot with midrange. Same peak power but gaining across the rev range it's what fpr is about.
In my opinion you gain where is most noticable.

Oh god i better get one then....:)
Thats springs, discs, pads, braided lines, oil and coolant caps and new badges this week....and now a FPRV :)

Reactions: Graham Smith and S.