Upgraded from a 2014 Ford Fiesta to a new A4 B9

smfdurham

Reaction score
Living in London I could never justify buying a nice car that would be bumped and scraped all day long being parked on a busy street. But now I'm living a little further out of London I've just taken delivery of my new A4. Went for the S-Line manual 190 TFSI with a reasonable amount of options. I love the tech and the performance is a bit of a step up from what I'm used to. The moonlight blue colour looks great in the sun too.

I paid a local mobile valet to properly wax and protect the car and I think he's done a brilliant job. It was £240 which is significantly cheaper than the Audi Autoglym option.

Here's some pics!
FullSizeRender 4 FullSizeRender 3 FullSizeRender 2 FullSizeRender 1 IMG 3086 IMG 3087 IMG 3084

Reactions: hedgehog, h1r4, cuke2u and 2 others
Thanks mate! Yeah they're rotary grey part leather

How have you managed to get rotary grey on an S line?
They were only available on the Sport before though and have only been available on the S line in the past few weeks!
Otherwise I would have ordered them. Only black alcantara was available when I ordered and I couldn't see or really feel any difference between the cloth so I went with the cloth.

They are very nice seats though!

Moonlight blue is easily the best colour available

Good question on the grey seats! I ordered back in January but I've only had the car a week, the dealer let me order the grey back then. I think the grey looks really good with the blue paintwork

I've ordered the grey in full leather. I'm a bit worried as not seen them in the flesh. What's your verdict on them? They look so different on pictures depending on lighting. Also interested in how your finding the manual gearbox? Mines a 190 TFSI manual too but gone for tango red. Oh and I had a look on my saved configurator yesterday and weirdly the black alcantara door inserts had turned grey!? They looked good so asked my dealer which I'll be getting

I sat in one with grey leather. It was really nice. I chose black as I went for Daytona grey and preferred black leather instead.

It's a personal preference thing I guess. Had a few cars with black leather so fancied a change just hoping I like it when I see it in the flesh.

I'm really happy with the grey, it's a little lighter than expected so I'm glad I've got the stain guard on as one coffee could make a really nasty mark!

The manual gearbox is excellent, it's precise, not too tight so I've never selected a wrong gear by accident and the clutch has a nice feel too. I was worried about the gearbox before it arrived as I'd only test driven an automatic but as I do less than 10k miles a year, I enjoy having a manual, might be different if I drove in bad traffic to work every day

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and L33 WCX
I'm really happy with the grey, it's a little lighter than expected so I'm glad I've got the stain guard on as one coffee could make a really nasty mark!

The manual gearbox is excellent, it's precise, not too tight so I've never selected a wrong gear by accident and the clutch has a nice feel too. I was worried about the gearbox before it arrived as I'd only test driven an automatic but as I do less than 10k miles a year, I enjoy having a manual, might be different if I drove in bad traffic to work every day
Thanks for the feedback!

Finally......a another manual owner! (Well I'm not a owner yet but it's on route!). And there I was thinking I'm the only one that's got a manual amongst the ocean of autos.

Good to hear your review of the manual. I've only driven a 150 TDi manual very briefly and all the others were autos.

Keep us all updated in how your finding the car, and post some more pics up in due course!

Yes I don't think there's too many of us! One observation, as this is my first car with performance settings, is that putting the car in dynamic mode vs. efficiency or comfort really makes a tremendous difference. The car is very responsive and fun to drive in dynamic. Personally I love having the manual gear control to aid overtaking and to have some fun on country roads. Whereas being in efficiency, it's really serene and encourages you to drive slowly

Reactions: StevoGuide7, scotty76 and ScottishA4B9
Yes I don't think there's too many of us! One observation, as this is my first car with performance settings, is that putting the car in dynamic mode vs. efficiency or comfort really makes a tremendous difference. The car is very responsive and fun to drive in dynamic. Personally I love having the manual gear control to aid overtaking and to have some fun on country roads. Whereas being in efficiency, it's really serene and encourages you to drive slowly

I have a manual too! Glad that you notice the difference between the modes too smfdurham, thought I might be imagining it. Have lost count of the number of times when driving in efficiency that I have left the car in 4th, its so smooth and quiet.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Nice car! One question, is the pedal position offset at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No its not! Not that it was noticable in the b8! Just dont belieive everything you read in the pro-BMW, Audi Bashing, copy cat reviews!

No its not! Not that it was noticable in the b8! Just dont belieive everything you read in the pro-BMW, Audi Bashing, copy cat reviews!
Erm, yes it is...to me at least, whether you find it to be a problem or not though is another matter.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack, I guess the only way to determine is to sit in one and try the pedals. No don't worry about that, I'm audi through and through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice purchase! love that colour it was on display at Warrington Audi. Definitely the colour I would have gone for if I purchased new. Happy motoring