Upgrade to led interior lights

rob0904

Reaction score
Ive jist got myself an A6 avant black edition but the interior lights look poor against the rest.

Seen the s6/rs6 interior roof lights on ebay are these a direct swap? There seems to be more buttons and glasses holder on them.

Or can i get new plastic lenses to get a better look with led bulbs.

Any help would be great.
Rob

Ive jist got myself an A6 avant black edition but the interior lights look poor against the rest.

Seen the s6/rs6 interior roof lights on ebay are these a direct swap? There seems to be more buttons and glasses holder on them.

Or can i get new plastic lenses to get a better look with led bulbs.

Any help would be great.
Rob

Do you have white led interior lights already?

I brought a pack off eBay. Bout £25ish but not had time to install them yet. But the before and after pics look good on the site. Hopefully the same when I install them.

2156c21e9971ef6bbbe68f253fdad2a6.jpg

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

There the yellowy type at the minute. My lights a1 has the nice leds with clear plastic lenses just a shame this a6 hasnt.

I might have to get some of them has the s6/rs6 parts are mega money even second hand.

There the yellowy type at the minute. My lights a1 has the nice leds with clear plastic lenses just a shame this a6 hasnt.

I might have to get some of them has the s6/rs6 parts are mega money even second hand.

Yeah it’s was an extra on the A6/A7.
It was called LED Interior lighting pack I think
And then u could upgrade it further to LED interior ambient lighting.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

You can retrofit the Audi LED interior lighting units (They were not limited to the S/RS 6 models) however it's not plug and play, there is some extra wiring and some coding to get them working. Cheapest option is to replace the halogen bulbs with LED versions.

Reactions: Bishop187
The extra wires are needed a the front. I looked at it a couple of years ago, but in the end I ordered a new car that was factory fitted with the led lights.

Hahahaha thats one way to do it. It would be easier just to change the lenses to clear one which led pack uses.

Not sure if u can buy these separate tho

Can we just swap the lenses for clean ones and led bulbs. To give a cleaner look.

Rob

Yeah look good, just wanted the actual covers/roof trims modernised the frosted lense look poor. Just my option and nothing major haha