Upgrade to bose system audi a3 8p 2004

KaptenMagnolia

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if it´s possible to buy a bose system for my audi that doesn´t have bose installed originally. Does the speakers fit, and the cover for them (the "grill" that covers the speakers.) Thanks in advance for answers.

I looked at doing this. From what I've read the bose isn't really any better. Just a little more bass

Trust me, you will spend less money (potentially) and end up with a much better sounding system if you go aftermarket. Bose has nothing on a good setup with sound deadening.

Reactions: davc
Obviously it means a nonOEM head unit, which upsets some people :-/

Obviously it means a nonOEM head unit, which upsets some people :-/

Not necessarily.

A 2 or 4 channel line level converter will allow the OP to run aftermarket amps with the factory head unit, using the speaker cables

I would get a 4 ch amp and bridge the rear channels to run a set of components in the front and a sub in the rear.

Rear door speakers IMO are a waste of time as they muddle the sound so never bothered with them in previous installs I had in my cars.

Don't waste your money on Bose.

Not necessarily.
A 2 or 4 channel line level converter will allow the OP to run aftermarket amps with the factory head unit, using the speaker cables
Rear door speakers IMO are a waste of time as they muddle the sound so never bothered with them in previous installs I had in my cars.

Good point, I always tended to default to aftermarket HU to get BT streaming and handsfree built-in, so never had to look at the converter.

I am a fan of having the speakers in the back though. Mostly for the benefit of passengers, but also like the extra sound stage flexibility it allows.

All this ICE talk is getting me thinking about doing away with my existing Bose speakers and replacing them with the Focal components I bought a while back with the intention of putting them into the old A4. Still have AndyMac's MDF speaker door adapters from before he passed away, which fit 8P rather well (he made awesome kits for 8L). All I really need is a direct replacement for the stock Sub to give myself a new project.