Upgrade, downgrade or sidestep?

CarterRS

So a couple of months a go I got a really strong offer for my stage 1 fl rs3 saloon from dream car giveaways, I thought about it for about a week and decided to except.

I've got a golf R Estate for a work car so I thought I would save abit of money and stick with that for a little bit.

Well that lasted about 3 weeks , I found myself looking on auto trader alot and last week I put a deposit down on a f80 m3 in Mexico blue. I haven't got pics on here but it's exactly the same as the pics below.

Obviously it's a different animal to my RS3, not as quick and much slower of the line. Not to mention the rear wheels lighting up the road! And it generally trying to kill you!

But... its always an itch I've had and with the crazy prices of the new m3 and horrible grill I figured now was the time to scratch it with the f80.

I managed to get a couple of test drives despite covid and loved it. Drove it a couple of days ago in warmish weather and it was great, also drove it a week or so ago in the wet and no doubt its a handful!
But only when your pushing it. Driving normal is felt fine even in the very wet.

Anyone have any experience or had one? Nearly every bad point people make on these cars is the traction or lack of it. It's definitely a more engaging and scary than the rs!

So.... upgrade ? Downgrade?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-203204_Auto Trader.jpg
    Screenshot_20210227-203204_Auto Trader.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20210227-203214_Auto Trader.jpg
    Screenshot_20210227-203214_Auto Trader.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 75

jimojameso

Section Mod
I love the colour! I have never driven one, but i have had an itch for an F80 for a long time! Congrats on the new car!

Sequence

Wanted a bmw for a little while now never had one, though I think the M2 comp is more my cup of tea the m3/4 seem really big? Love the colour correct colour interior to go with it also.

CarterRS

Wanted a bmw for a little while now never had one, though I think the M2 comp is more my cup of tea the m3/4 seem really big? Love the colour correct colour interior to go with it also.

I looked at the m2 but the interior let's it down alot. The m3/4 seems a little dated anyway. The m2 just felt abit plain

There's not much in it size wise between the m3 and rs3 saloon. The m3 looks wider because of the flared arches

D0C

The M3/4 just sound naff to me. Did test drive few years back now and was nice, but preferred my RS3.

CarterRS

Really Impressed with it so far. Pulls really hard

i had abit of a play with a mates fl rs3 sportback and the m3 pulls a noticeable difference ahead on the motorway. I haven't tried a launch yet because
It's pointless in this weather.

It doesn't sound as bad as the reviews suggest to be honest, it's no 5 cylinder but it sounds OK.

The idrive system is brilliant as is the heads up display.

The only thing that will tempt me to change will be the new rs3 when it's released

20210309_184338.jpg
20210309_184608 (1).jpg

K96

Really Impressed with it so far. Pulls really hard

i had abit of a play with a mates fl rs3 sportback and the m3 pulls a noticeable difference ahead on the motorway. I haven't tried a launch yet because
It's pointless in this weather.

It doesn't sound as bad as the reviews suggest to be honest, it's no 5 cylinder but it sounds OK.

The idrive system is brilliant as is the heads up display.

The only thing that will tempt me to change will be the new rs3 when it's released

View attachment 216902 View attachment 216903
Colour and spec nice one

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk