Updating to 2016-2017 maps query

scoss

Been meaning to do this for ages. I have copied the files over to the SD card. Works out just under 2G.

Question is do I have to delete anything before I update? Or do I simply update from the card?

Thanks

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Just update from card.

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
The 2017 update should be due any day now.

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Where do you get notification of this?

You don't mate - just have to keep checking the my.audi sit - when it's available the map update thread will generally alert people.

73pop

I just can't get it to work!!
Downloaded the maps but them on a formatted sd card go to system update then it doesn't recognise the sd card just stays grey? Will it make any difference that I am using a mac?

Last edited:
G

Gordo77

I just can't get it to work!!
Downloaded the maps but them on a formatted ad card go to system update then it doesn't recognise the ad card just stays grey? Will it make any difference that I am using a mac?

Did you format the SD card?

G

Gordo77

Ye I did but there was 4 different options on the mac. I also couldn't download load it straight to the sd card had to put it on desktop then drag it in to the sd card

MS-DOS (FAT) would be the one to go with:

Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 12.15.24.png

Should be fine dragging onto the SD card after its downloaded.

scoss

Just to clarify the new update will be 2016-17? Will it's file name be called this? I downloaded mine file back in June of this year.

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
From last years November update I'd expect it just to say 2017.

G

Gordo77

I'm currently downloading the full package to see what it gives me. A 12.9Gb zip file called 02300016.zip is downloading as we speak.

upload_2016-11-20_19-19-44.png

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
G

Gordo77

Yes indeed says complete just unzipping to destination on your PC or to the SD card. Is that the full Euro download ?

I went with the full Euro download. Will need to check what version I have in the car, but here is what 's been downloaded (about 15Gb worth of files)

upload_2016-11-20_19-49-7.png

will_0407

Just updated mine, downloaded the UK and ireland maps as I have no plans to drive abroad so it was only a 1.2Gb download. Copied to my sd card (wiped it before copying), put it in, mmi settings, updated...done! I have mmi plus so it copied to the internal HD. Seamless for me and a nice surprise that the map updates are free.

scoss

From Audi UK just now regarding the update

@scoss We've not had a confirmed date yet. However, as soon as this is available, we will let you know. Thanks.

scoss

Just updated mine, downloaded the UK and ireland maps as I have no plans to drive abroad so it was only a 1.2Gb download. Copied to my sd card (wiped it before copying), put it in, mmi settings, updated...done! I have mmi plus so it copied to the internal HD. Seamless for me and a nice surprise that the map updates are free.

Ive got the tech pack so this is what I'll be doing!

mistac

I assume you all have mmi plus/tech pack rather than standard sd nav?

scoss

Out of interest how long did the update take?