Upcoming Recall. A4 2.0TFSI 190ps

Connor95_

Reaction score
Just a heads up for some of you.

Audi have had my car for 3 days investigating a warning message. “Drive system fault, please contact workshop”

Two weeks ago I had that message pop up on my dash while under some harsh acceleration. My car was then in a sort of limp home mode. I instantly pressed the roadside assistance button while I was driving along and they advised my I was fine to keep driving and booked me in for a warranty check. Later that day the warning message disappeared however I still sent them my car to be looked at as I was intrigued as to what the mysterious fault would be.
today I received a call that my car is ready to collect.

The update I’ve been given from Audi is that there is an issue with the intake manifold. Currently they are still working on a fix which will likely come in the form of a software update. My service contact made a remark about looking forward to the backlash as it’s a generic issue and hasn’t just been limited to my car but is likely to be a fault with a large portion of the A4s

bit unfortunate considering most of us had delays we’ll over 6 months for these cars!

another note... has anybody else seriously worn through tyres? 14.000 miles and I need two new front tyres.

Attachments

• 65761A60-7027-4B6C-9A23-86ED914F2D65.png
    65761A60-7027-4B6C-9A23-86ED914F2D65.png
    508.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 672E6CAD-7FE4-4F86-BEAE-C0D62F51BE1E.jpeg
    672E6CAD-7FE4-4F86-BEAE-C0D62F51BE1E.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 287
Just a heads up for some of you.

Audi have had my car for 3 days investigating a warning message. “Drive system fault, please contact workshop”

Two weeks ago I had that message pop up on my dash while under some harsh acceleration. My car was then in a sort of limp home mode. I instantly pressed the roadside assistance button while I was driving along and they advised my I was fine to keep driving and booked me in for a warranty check. Later that day the warning message disappeared however I still sent them my car to be looked at as I was intrigued as to what the mysterious fault would be.
today I received a call that my car is ready to collect.

The update I’ve been given from Audi is that there is an issue with the intake manifold. Currently they are still working on a fix which will likely come in the form of a software update. My service contact made a remark about looking forward to the backlash as it’s a generic issue and hasn’t just been limited to my car but is likely to be a fault with a large portion of the A4s

bit unfortunate considering most of us had delays we’ll over 6 months for these cars!

another note... has anybody else seriously worn through tyres? 14.000 miles and I need two new front tyres.

Oh man!! Hopefully this is not applicable to the S4, mine is going in for a inspection on Monday so will ask the question then with Audi.

Done 19000 on my Hankook on my B9 S4, plenty of tread still left BUT it all depends on how you drive and you did mention the word "harsh" earlier!! LOL

Good to know for those who have that engine. Wow I change my tyres @ 2mm at the lowest. You must be pushing the tyres. Doesn’t seem that bad but a bit on the low side to be fair. I can get 18-20k on my 190ps diesel. They really drop off after 3 in the rain. Would recommend Goodyear eagle asymmetrical 5. Will be cheaper if you shop around compared to Audi. Get them changed ASAP as your insurance will give you trouble.

Nothing has been reported with any 2.0ltfsi 190 A4'S since the b9 came out. The intake will be of a different design due to the engine being longitudinal instead of transverse.

Oh man!! Hopefully this is not applicable to the S4, mine is going in for a inspection on Monday so will ask the question then with Audi.

Done 19000 on my Hankook on my B9 S4, plenty of tread still left BUT it all depends on how you drive and you did mention the word "harsh" earlier!! LOL
Why? You have a completely different engine..

I got 14000 miles from my first set of hankooks, just had to replace the fronts of my second set (stupidly mixed RO1 rears with standard AO fronts) and the non RO1 tyres on the front have worn in under 7000 miles

I got 14000 miles from my first set of hankooks, just had to replace the fronts of my second set (stupidly mixed RO1 rears with standard AO fronts) and the non RO1 tyres on the front have worn in under 7000 miles

What are you driving? Can’t see the signature on Tapatalk.