Unusual heated mirror issue

craigmarshall1978

Reaction score
Hi,

At the title suggests I have a heated mirror issue that I cannot find any information or solutions for.

Basically the passenger side one doesn't work but I have tested the mirror with a multi meter and it has continuity so no breaks in the element.

I then tested the wiring connectors that go on the mirror. On the drivers side these are at a constant 4.8v or so with the switch in the on position. However, on the passenger side it is at about 5.2v but only for 10-15 seconds then it cuts off to zero corks and will not come back on until you turn the switch off and on again!

Anyone else come across this issue or have any idea what it might be? I'm thinking possibly door control module?

On OBD Eleven I do get an error for both heated mirrors but drivers side always seems to work.

Thanks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Did you measure the voltage with the mirror connected? It’s possible the threshold is 5 corks or below and at 5.2 it cuts out indicating a breakdown in the resistance of the element.
Try measuring the resistance of the element of each mirror with it disconnected from the car by switching the dvm out of auto ranging.

Couldn’t resist the corks! :)

Yeah they were measured both sides with the mirrors disconnected.

Corks

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yesterday morning when I set off for work I noticed my passenger mirror was not heating up and still full of condensation after a 30 minute drive.

Removed the glass mirror off today. I was going to test the mirror but I noticed corrosion of the deeper part of the female connectors. Gave them a clean and it works like a charm now.