Facelift Unusual gear changes

Tezza16

Reaction score
On my way to work yesterday I put my foot down quite hard to pass a slower car and as it launched forward and went to the redline it didn't change up it felt like I was in manual and hadn't changed, it felt like ages before it finally changed but was probably only a couple of seconds but then I was up to a red light and as a slowed it stayed in 3rd right till I was nearly stopped and the car juddered as if it was going to cut out . When the lights changed and I pulled away it was all back to normal . I have done 900miles in it now and never had this before.
Has anyone else had anything like this ?

On my way to work yesterday I put my foot down quite hard to pass a slower car and as it launched forward and went to the redline it didn't change up it felt like I was in manual and hadn't changed, it felt like ages before it finally changed but was probably only a couple of seconds but then I was up to a red light and as a slowed it stayed in 3rd right till I was nearly stopped and the car juddered as if it was going to cut out . When the lights changed and I pulled away it was all back to normal . I have done 900miles in it now and never had this before.
Has anyone else had anything like this ?

Very strange, sounds like the gearbox just got a bit fuzzled. I've noticed a few times in loan cars when the S Tronic hasn't been at it's best, but never any issues in the S3 now.

I'd try and put it in a similar situation again, see if it does it and if it does then book it in. But it would be booking it in to instruct the Tech to drive it to the red line until it does it, its a no from me :p But if it has a repeat problem, then it needs looking at.

no not had that. mine sometimes short shifts at around 6k then the next time it goes to the redline. weird.

I'm saying nothing :whistle2:

Reactions: Gordo77, pburv and Matt Titanium