Unstoppable

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Not a bad film this. I was a bit optimistic at first, I mean 1.5hrs of a train that can't be stopped, how much action can there be!? It's quite watchable, with action most of the way through. It's not going to be a classic, but not too bad neither.

yeh have to agree, dont quite understand where the dude in the pick up comes from at the end though! lol, denzel washington sorta went downhill after man on fire IMO

Man On Fire was a brilliant movie huh.

As for Unstoppable, havnt seen yet, but it sounds like a remake of the Jon Voight Runaway

Its on my lift of films to watch but its not high up there. Might wait till its out on DVD.

I really enjoyed Man On Fire and most of the Denzels films. I think he's another Morgan Freeman, both don't seem to make a bad movie. They make ok movies or great movies.

NHN, just seen the trailer for Runaway and your right. It does seem like its based it on that film or at least the idea.

I can't help thinking that the young lad should have just run along the top of the carriages from the start, climbed into the engine and slammed on the anchors.

At first i thought maybe it was because the train was going too fast and he wouldn't be able to stand up but then Denzel did it and the only thing that stopped him making it the whole way was the gap between that one carriage carrying the pipes, surely though that young fit lad could have made it beyond there (obviously that was out the window once he mangled his foot)

Maybe they realised that if they did that too early there would have been no real threat, just an average runaway train and the old geezer would have lost his job after all on a breach of the health and safety at work rules.

It can't have been that bad though, i watched the whole thing but then i'm addicted to movies.

I watched the other night and thought it was great.
Really enjoyed it.

I agree with you Beardo. I thought the same thing. Why not just jump on top and run along.
would have been a short film.
Worth a watch.

I thought it was a good enough film! But in fairness how the train started off by itself was a bit stupid!:laugh: There was nothing to stop them running after the train instead of watching it moving along!:lmfao: