i'm due to renew this year and am really struggling, heres my predicament

aged 31
Professional occupation
12 years ncb
no accidents
no points
not even declaring the mods yet for the base quotes
S20 post code in Sheffield, crime isnt really that much of an issue around here

yet the cheapest quote i can get is A FLux for £480 paying annually so theres no interest....unreal - ive been with A flux for almost 8 years from memory and they are the cheapest i can find anywhere!!

I work for Aviva albeit in the pensions/invests side, so i do get discount, the best they can do is £500 flat...

i'd love to meet an underwriter so he/she can explain to me why i am such a high risk........

That's cheap mate, I'm paying £530 for mine, B91 post code, but I have 6 points and the missus has 6 points, and everything on my car is declared!

you'd think but i paid sub £400 last year Joe, i'm reeling that i have to part with another £100 of my hard earned cash when i have yet another years ncb under my belt and still no points......worlds gone mad

you'd think but i paid sub £400 last year Joe, i'm reeling that i have to part with another £100 of my hard earned cash when i have yet another years ncb under my belt and still no points......worlds gone mad

Same story here... almost, £465 last year, extra years bonus also. 5Yrs NCB is max, anything after that is just a number.

I paid 246 last year (mods declared) and my renewal would be 340 - that is a 40% increase for no change in circumstances! Even still I'd recommend you try Bell if you haven't already as they are dirt cheap compared to others.

I am currently looking at 280 for Laid Up insurance on my SORN car which is more than my fully comp policy of last year!!!!

I also work in Insurance and unfortunately mate we had a bulletin recently saying that premiums have risen this year and will continue to do so, some upto as much as 50%, so you may have got off lightly.

Its mainly due to the amount of claims that were taken at the end of last year and start of this year due to the snow and bumps everyone had.

Apparently, we are due some more bad weather this year, so looks like we are in for the hit!!

Happy days!!!

Sky rang me yesterday with a £650....very helpful chaps but just out of the ball park

really would LOVE an underwriter to explain how i'm so much of a risk.......

They have probably been reading about your high street antics in here...lol

probably haha....anyway, found the solution!!! added the old dear who's retired to the Aviva quote and brought it down to £430 without legal or anything, so did my usual and told A flux who promptly matched it with Legal and £100 less excess @ now £250 :)

luckily the mother won't want to drive the beast but she's insured anyway :laugh:

job done!!

Now you see this is likely to pee me off when I renew next year - as I was sensible and didn't risk taking mine out in the snow - but I'm still going to have to pay for those idiots that did risk their cars and managed to prang them.

I may as well have taken a punt and risked it.

Paul

Just been talking to a mate who has just bought his boy a car as he's just passed his test, he's 17years old and it's a Fiat Punto 1.2...

£2600 for the year, apparently that was good...

WTF !!

i dont think your far wrong with inflation being what it is and compounded :)

Just been talking to a mate who has just bought his boy a car as he's just passed his test, he's 17years old and it's a Fiat Punto 1.2...

£2600 for the year, apparently that was good...

WTF !!

Thats pretty bad, My first car, a 998cc Micra, cost me £1300 for TPFT, ridiculous!

Mk 1 Golf 1.0L on an old 'T' Reg... Lol

About £600 I think 13 years ago

My 1st car was a Mk2 Golf GTI 8v, that cost me £990 TPF&T, so i was pretty pleased with that, however I spoke to my uncle and he is looking to insure a 1.2SE Polo for his son and he has had a quote for........£7k!!!!

That's bad too Dane, my first car was a 1989 Mk2 Golf 1.3C, and that was £550TPFT. :p

What makes it worse is that I was on a NCB accelerator scheme so £1300 was only for 10 months....

We all know insurance premiums have been rising year on year so don't expect anything other than an increae in premiums. To be fair I really enjoyed your thread as I am currently paying £1700 for the year on the S3. Oh and did I mention my £1100 excess?? :)

:wtf:, best prey you don't need to make a claim in the next 12 months, never heard of an excess so high!(apart from supercars of course)

On a "simples" comparison site I recently tried the first 8 quotes varied from £850 to £1400 all with £3000 excess.
My renewal from Flux had gone up £600, I went with Aviva who first quoted £1581 with £400 excess, then gave me a £250 discount, then I added the missus and it dropped to £1031. Once I had protected my NCB, upgraded the courtesy car, added foriegn cover and reduced the excess to £250 it still only came to £1150.00

lol my first car was a fiat uno 1.3sx lol and it was £390. second a year later was ren 19 16v and that was only 700 lol

My mate just recently sold his 320i, but he was paying... (are you sitting down)..... 9K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a mondeo 2.0 zetec s and i paid £1080 @17 on my dads name though :)

I got my renewal quote through today from Virgin Money, £950 more than last year! Who the f do they think they are? £1950 when my best quote is £750!

I live in sh1tty Bradford so I expect my premium to be quite high, but my friend in Devon told me to put his post code in to see what the difference is, £400 pounds cheaper! WTF? i've lived in Bradford all my life and never had an accident so how can they justify doubling my insurance?
ing

My A4 Avant is parked on a terraced street overnight, is insured for business and personal use for both my wife and I, and our premium is £480 this year with protected NCB (renewed about 4 months ago)

We've been with Chris Knott Insurance ever since we got the car 3 years ago and went with them as they're a sponsor of the VWAudi forum and they offer preferential raets for car club members. Never had to make a claim but certainly recommend them on price and service.

This really is a lottery my 2010 A4 2.0 TDI BS34 postcode £100 excess full NCB protected parked on my drive with 2 additional named drivers, £280 and I thought that was expensive. The S4 was only about £50 more last year. Really not looking forward to renewing next July it sounds like its going to go up a fair bit.

its not just cus of the snow last year.... imagine all of the whiplash claims on every bump in the country. it may only be 1k here or 3k there but it makes everyone insurance dearer.
the classic ins (6k a year) on my bmw went up from £275 up to £385 this year. but dropped sharply to 325 on my moaning phone call to them.

seems like my 800 i paid this year on my a3 will be over a grand next year. sucks :(

just trying to price us off the roads.

and like has been said about younger drivers, my lil bro, 18 passed last month. cheapest quote we got was like 4-5k even on corsa's with a value of 200 quid! ridiculous...

No wonder really. If it goes like that, many people will not be able to afford to pay insurance.
I have moved from Scunthorpe to Rotherham and my insurance went up 350 quid + when I renewed, it went up another 200
even though I had one year ncb more. Now I pay £1100 for 2002 A4 Tdi.
I'm changing to touareg in next few weeks mainly because of job and am not looking forward to it.
I wanted to get a second car - evo or m3 but lowest insurance quote I get is over £2k with £3k excess...
Funny thing is that I had a quote for trade insurance which covers any car registered on me or my company
and it is £1800-£2200 and I can drive anything I want up to £30k worth.

I paid £700 last year, got my renewal quote a few weeks ago £1960, having a laugh are we?

I managed to get it for £700 again yesterday, so my one years more experience and no claims haven't made a difference!

i'm due to renew this year and am really struggling, heres my predicament

aged 31
Professional occupation
12 years ncb
no accidents
no points
not even declaring the mods yet for the base quotes
S20 post code in Sheffield, crime isnt really that much of an issue around here

yet the cheapest quote i can get is A FLux for £480 paying annually so theres no interest....unreal - ive been with A flux for almost 8 years from memory and they are the cheapest i can find anywhere!!

I work for Aviva albeit in the pensions/invests side, so i do get discount, the best they can do is £500 flat...

i'd love to meet an underwriter so he/she can explain to me why i am such a high risk........

hi all what do you think about this for a joke / 25 years no cliams bonus no points i drive an a4 1.9tdi last year 500 just got my renewal notice from first direct 739 an increase of 47.8% they say it is because of all the personal injury claims then sell lists of accident victims to ambulance chasing law firms so they can contact people to see if they can make a claim . its all one BIG scam they are supposed to be losing money then spend 100's of thousands advertising on tv for more customers so they can supposedly lose more money . admiral anounce record profits like i said anything goes in camrons britain especialy if it involves screwing the drivers

...yep agree with all of this....they know you have to have it!
Stupid thing is I added my wife ,who only has a provisional and has a tthe present postponed learning, and the policy quoted went DOWN !150??!!!!! Hows that work then? I wouldn't trust her with a supermarket trolley lol. All these insurance companies take the pi$$ and its about time there was some sort of government backed insurance or something. Some companies were quoting me over £1000 ...NCB 15 yrs, No convictions, HGV licence, Uk full drivers license for 28 years, car parked on driveway..and 48 years old. Didn't realise I was such a high risk!
JT

I own an A3 2.0 Sport (55 Reg) & I'm 37 yrs old. I also have 12 yrs NCB Protected. My postcode SE25 (London). My Car is parked in a drive. My car has no mods.

My renew notice this year with Adrian Flux is £824! Been with them 10 yrs! :racer:

I have shopped around on the net and found Elephant & Admiral Insurance both willing to insure me for £590. I still think it's high but going to seeing if Adrian Flux can price match. They normally do if not it will be... Adiós Amigos!!!!!! :noway:

Ive just had My renewal through from Admiral:

26 yrs old
0 claims/convictions etc
3 yrs no claims, £873

I was paying less than that for my megane 225 last year!

Anyway Ive gone through a company called stuart collins and they have sorted me out with an AXA UK policy with full 12 months European comprehensive cover, spend most of my time in France/italy you see, £1202...... Pricey but worth it for all the cover