Unmarked Cop Car Spotting

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Slightly more useful than the "Noggy Blue S3 spotted on Audi forecourt" Spotters Forum

Saw a nice one today

White van parked on verge side of dual track, unmarked with dark back windows.

Marked car in next layby to stop offenders and 2 bikes to chase those that didnt stop.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

i live in York and my best mate is a traffic cop, There is a white van on the A64 most weekends with two cameras on the fly over, with cop bikes and cars waiting in the next junction. He tells me this is to get people with out of date car tax mainly. But they will pull speeders up to.

especially with the volvos - look through the rear/boot window and if you cant clearly see the windscreen without obstructions slap on the anchors! I saw a silver unmarked volvo with this and it was a cop!

When i was in west wales,a while back,i nearly got caught by a unmarked black S6 est ,if it wasn't for somebody in a corsa cutting up the audi on a roundabout and the lights in the grille coming on i think i would have been caught.Nice car mind v8 type,i was in my Leon cupra and was trying to see if the driver would wind it up,but he was too smooth and stayed back,so i thought something wasn't right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

On the M25 South Side they are using a distinctive mid green Saab 930 turbo, saw it last week hot on the tail of a Supra.

Other tell tell signs, no dealer badges - even on the number plates, they do not always have two mirrors, and they sometimes have small rearward facing video camera's in the top left rear window, and are often single crewed.

And they are always very clean.

Strange one this in north yorkshire 54 plate toyota corolla dark grey no markings that i saw but saying that it was a stupid time in the morning because the alarm at work had gone off.

We have them driving around in Black BMW 5 series and Black Scoobs here in Kingston on Thames Surrey, only way i spotted them was the ****** blue light they stick on the roof!

Do it our selves as we are not being heard. For your area, start off a post called 'SPOTTED : (your area)
nice one.

Volvo T70 estate unmarked, dark blue A3 Tolworth
Subaru Impreza, unmarked, blue Ewell, Surrey (guy was driving like a prat, 70mph in a 30, outside a school)
BMW 5 series, debadged, unmarked, outside Harrods
Honda Fireblade, unmarked with cameras between alton and basingstoke
Also seen Skoda Octavias and even a X reg Vauxhall Carlton earlier this year ! I thought they'd retire them a long time ago. May be they've stashed them away somewhere??

A few years ago I got pulled by a VW Vento VR6, I was maxing out a Mk2 Golf GTI 16v, managed to escape a ban...

Ive seen. Grey Mk4 Golf GTI. Silver A3 1.8T. Audi A4 Estate 1.8T. All in north london area within a month or so.

YOGi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

White (yes white) Mercedes - A27 Chichester to Portsmouth
(that's just plain cheating in my book)