Unlock your LE with your phone!

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Has anyone actually got this working?

I was going through the settings and found this:

Keyaudi

I then downloaded the myAudi app on my android phone. This does not work on iPhone.

It also seems to be very picky on Android. It told me my phone was compatible but would not install the key onto the phone as I got a failed message.

I will keep trying but has anyone else tried it?

Yeah mines works with the app. Is it only LE that does this?
To clarify are you using your phone AS THE KEY and tapping it on the door to open it? (Without the car keys being near?)

As that is what I mean here… and if so what phone are you using?

I don’t know if anyone with a VS can confirm this feature?

Check Audi.com/bluetooth then filter ''audi connect key' every phone that can do this function appears (all android)

Reactions: Mastachaz
Not with Apple

115640a60f23be4c6db706a802d81b3b.jpg

But Android it seems ok

c644c243f551cbd4d21a905513f2081e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Audi will support Apple CarKey eventually. And it may be that any car with the Audi connect key will be compatible. We will see.

As for Android - not all Android phones are compatible. I have a Z Fold 2 and a Pixel 5. The Pixel 5 is not compatible in the app. The Fold 2 comes up as compatible but it has that install error.

I’ve emailed Audi connect support to ask about it. But I’m going to troubleshoot it in the car later and see if I can get it working myself.

Maybe Audi will support Apple CarKey eventually. And it may be that any car with the Audi connect key will be compatible. We will see.

As for Android - not all Android phones are compatible. I have a Z Fold 2 and a Pixel 5. The Pixel 5 is not compatible in the app. The Fold 2 comes up as compatible but it has that install error.

I’ve emailed Audi connect support to ask about it. But I’m going to troubleshoot it in the car later and see if I can get it working myself.

Lol I don’t understand the ‘desire’ to want the phone to unlock a car, the Connect keys are already capable of this when you grab the handle.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Mike.46 and Add_Profile
I can only see this being handy if you lose the key when you're out, otherwise 3 extra steps needed over the key?
Take out your phone
Phone to door
Phone in phone slot

Maybe you don’t need your key… a thief can’t steal it if there isn’t one there.

You can also share key access to other family and friends via email.

I can do this on my A6. Don’t bother it’s quicker using the key.

Reactions: Terminator x and Add_Profile
I’ve got house door handles that allow me to use the nfc in the phone to unlock the door, only used it once as I thought it might be cool, then I realised it’s more hassle than it’s worth, sticking the fob on it is far easier. With the car key you don’t have to do anything, don’t even have to take it out of your pocket/bag, just put your hand on the handle and it opens/locks - far easier. Plus nfc only works some of the time (in my experience), have you ever seen those people who block up the tube barriers in London trying to tap in with their phone, they are a pain! I’d say it’s a cool thing to have, but you’ll probably never use it in daily life.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I’ve got house door handles that allow me to use the nfc in the phone to unlock the door, only used it once as I thought it might be cool, then I realised it’s more hassle than it’s worth, sticking the fob on it is far easier. With the car key you don’t have to do anything, don’t even have to take it out of your pocket/bag, just put your hand on the handle and it opens/locks - far easier. Plus nfc only works some of the time (in my experience), have you ever seen those people who block up the tube barriers in London trying to tap in with their phone, they are a pain! I’d say it’s a cool thing to have, but you’ll probably never use it in daily life.

I honestly think it’s something that he can moan about because it’s ‘there’ but not ‘there’ if you catch my drift.

If opening the car via the phone amuses you then use the mega slow App, while your getting wet waiting for the car to open I’ll be in it driving away

Reactions: Jassyo06
Two keys, a connect card, and now phones all able to unlock your car, surely it's just more things for theives to try and steal/unlock/hack to steal your car ?
Audi seem to have enough issues getting my memory seat to adjust every time I unlock the car, the last thing I need is either a faulty or a flat phone and no way to get back home to get the key..................

On the 'App' front, after the initial showing the wife how much fuel the car has got in it whilst sitting watching the TV and her looking at me like I should be in a home the novelty as worn off...............

Reactions: kayemill and RichK
Key in pocket, open door. Really that is is easy as it needs to be!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayemill, 8YARWY and Add_Profile
Two keys, a connect card, and now phones all able to unlock your car, surely it's just more things for theives to try and steal/unlock/hack to steal your car ?
Audi seem to have enough issues getting my memory seat to adjust every time I unlock the car, the last thing I need is either a faulty or a flat phone and no way to get back home to get the key..................

On the 'App' front, after the initial showing the wife how much fuel the car has got in it whilst sitting watching the TV and her looking at me like I should be in a home the novelty as worn off...............
I have to say now we finally have a second key, opening the car results in the seat going to the correct position for the user, correct profile loaded and no more updated settings messages.

Reactions: Mike.46
I can 100% confirm it works with my Apple phone. My brother text me to say I had not locked my car and I was around an hour away and then locked it with my phone via the app.

Reactions: kayemill
I can 100% confirm it works with my Apple phone. My brother text me to say I had not locked my car and I was around an hour away and then locked it with my phone via the app.

Different to NFC though.

Your using the App.

Spinstorm is referring to the same technology your Apple wallet uses when paying at a contactless terminal.

Reactions: kayemill, billymc92 and Spinstorm
Different to NFC though.

Your using the App.

Spinstorm is referring to the same technology your Apple wallet uses when paying at a contactless terminal.

Ah must have missed that bit, I just seen him
Mention unlocking with the app

Ah must have missed that bit, I just seen him
Mention unlocking with the app
On a Vorsprung, with MMI software 3620, the Audi Connect Key was under the Car menu option initially when I tried to pair.
Looked for it yesterday and no more.
Is the option hidden, Once the Audi-Connect Key is activated? my MyAUDI app is active on an iphone and can lock/unlock/track etc..

On a Vorsprung, with MMI software 3620, the Audi Connect Key was under the Car menu option initially when I tried to pair.
Looked for it yesterday and no more.
Is the option hidden, Once the Audi-Connect Key is activated? my MyAUDI app is active on an iphone and can lock/unlock/track etc..

Function only works with Android operating systems - option only becomes available when it’s paired with a supported phone with the right operating system

Reactions: RS03???
Just on the same subject but different topic, I saw an advert for a pressure washer that you alter the functions for via your phone, Utter madness imho

• Haha
Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
Just on the same subject but different topic, I saw an advert for a pressure washer that you alter the functions for via your phone, Utter madness imho
Does it wash the car for you as well while you watch? Bluetooth on my electric toothbrush now. Worlds gone mad!

Reactions: Mike.46
Does it wash the car for you as well while you watch? Bluetooth on my electric toothbrush now. Worlds gone mad!
Solutions looking for a non existent problems to solve

Reactions: Mike.46 and abmat
I accept that the key is the easiest way. Also we do have the Audi connect card too which can do the same thing on cars with it.

But let's say you forgot your keys. Or even lost them. Or maybe you parked the car went away and can’t get to it and you need a friend or family member to move it. And they don’t have the key and can’t get access?

You can literally share the key using the app. It’s a clever tool to have. The only thing missing is support on iPhone as most people have those over Android.

Ah the glory days of just having 2 normal keys with one slot

I’ve still not managed to get myAudi to setup completely and set the key user… had my car 4 months and I’ve given up trying

I have an apple phone so this thread was making me think that’s why but apparently not after all!

Dealers keep blaming server errors…

I’ve still not managed to get myAudi to setup completely and set the key user… had my car 4 months and I’ve given up trying

I have an apple phone so this thread was making me think that’s why but apparently not after all!

Dealers keep blaming server errors…
Seem to remember was a bit of a faff initially setting up the My Audi account but once that was done then the dealer set me up as the key user. Did the same when we got the wifes car and because she didnt have a myAudi account the dealer used mine instead and now much to her annoyance everytime she turns the car off it says I’m the registered key user and had to give her user access via my account :whistle2:

Reactions: Keano04
Seem to remember was a bit of a faff initially setting up the My Audi account but once that was done then the dealer set me up as the key user. Did the same when we got the wifes car and because she didnt have a myAudi account the dealer used mine instead and now much to her annoyance everytime she turns the car off it says I’m the registered key user and had to give her user access via my account :whistle2:

Dealer tried to do it when I took mine in for a service and they failed too… blamed Audi uk servers…

Their solution was to try again every now and again

Dealer tried to do it when I took mine in for a service and they failed too… blamed Audi uk servers…

Their solution was to try again every now and again
I had something similar with my S4. I went into the dealership and they advised to delete my account and then start a new one, which I did there. Worked first time when I signed in. I'd created mine before I had the car to properly link it and I can only assume that had messed with something and it was reset once I deleted and remade my account.

Reactions: Keano04 and Frizzley
Tonight I got my Audi connect key to install on my phone.

I don’t know if it was down to something Audi changed on the backend or something on my phone but it installed!

I then left my key inside and went out and tapped my phone on the door handle and it unlocked. I then placed my phone in the wireless charging tray and the car gave me a notification it saw the key and I started it.

Very cool! I will get some photos to add to the thread. But if you have an LE and haven’t got this to work have a go.

I know that it is still easier to unlock and start my car using the key. I agree. But on the occasion that you don’t have the key or if you wanted to give a family member or friend access without the keys remotely this is a way to do it. Let's hope that Audi brings this to the iPhone too as right now it is limited to certain Android phones only.

Reactions: kayemill
Tonight I got my Audi connect key to install on my phone.

I don’t know if it was down to something Audi changed on the backend or something on my phone but it installed!

I then left my key inside and went out and tapped my phone on the door handle and it unlocked. I then placed my phone in the wireless charging tray and the car gave me a notification it saw the key and I started it.

Very cool! I will get some photos to add to the thread. But if you have an LE and haven’t got this to work have a go.

I know that it is still easier to unlock and start my car using the key. I agree. But on the occasion that you don’t have the key or if you wanted to give a family member or friend access without the keys remotely this is a way to do it. Let's hope that Audi brings this to the iPhone too as right now it is limited to certain Android phones only.

Lol you’ve really got a stonk on for using your phone to unlock the car haven’t you.

LE owners lording it over the rest of us ;)

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY
LE owners lording it over the rest of us ;)

TX.

Apple Key is rumoured to be part of IOS16.

I get regular Beta tester updates and it’s not showing yet.