Unlock with phone

Tripper

Reaction score
A4 B9. Reading through the handbook and setting up the app I’ve noticed mention of unlocking your doors with a touch of your phone to the handle . Is this a feature on this car ? Cheers

I don't believe this works on UK cars, you can unlock it with the my audi app though

Reactions: Tripper
How do you unlock it with the app? Do you need a particular option? How did you set it up?

I've tried to do this but failed.

Charles

How do you unlock it with the app? Do you need a particular option? How did you set it up?

I've tried to do this but failed.

Charles
I just set up the my audi app and linked it to my car with the code and just click the padlock, although I've only ever used it probably twice in 6 months

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190518-084104_myAudi.jpg
    Screenshot_20190518-084104_myAudi.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 480
I just set up the my audi app and linked it to my car with the code and just click the padlock, although I've only ever used it probably twice in 6 months
I like the idea of this .. works with the Apple Watch too (Allegedly)

If you have SOS then remote locking/unlocking through the myaudi will work, models earlier than 2018 will not...

Works with MyAudi app on Apple Watch as well...I don't have Android devices but I imagine the same functionality will be there if you have a compatible vehicle

IMG 7089

Yes but you're not in the UK, apologies for not making it clear I was referring to those based here...

You're quite right and my apologies, however, in my defence, I was replying to Trippers post, who lives in the UK...

Reactions: Filipão, V6_Man and Tripper
And the UK is more than England...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u
Works on my 2017 S5 also, in the UK and England :)

Reactions: Audidave69 and Tripper
On the cars that can be unlocked with the phone, can the phone also be used to switch the engine on or just to open the doors?

.............use it on my 2018 SQ5 at times bit it is a bit of a gimmick really. Handy if you live in a flat or something to check all is secure tho.

I don't think this is possible in the UK, I understand it maybe possible with other manufacturers however it is still illegal to have a car engine running whilst unattended on a public road http://www.highwaycode.info/rule/123 Also the government is ,looking at issuing on the spot fines to anyone sat in a car with the engine running for a unnecessary length of time.
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-n...g-instant-fines-for-drivers-who-leave-engines

I don't mean starting it remotely but using it like a spare key when the phone is in the car.

Lock/unlock only.

As far as I can tell the functionality is via the mobile network rather than the car sensing the presence of the phone in any way

There is a whole thing about the NFC stuff, myself and @cuke2u had a chat on here about it a while ago. If you have the NFC in the door handles and in the phone box (my S5 does not) then you can download a key to the phone which can be used via NFC to open the car (touching it on the door handles) and start the car (placing it in the phonebox).

Wasn't an option for the S5/A5 but I think can be an option on the A4.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/technology-lexicon-7180/infotainment-7183

Unfortunately NFC locking/unlocking is not a feature with the A4 either. Both cars have the same electronics and parts and do not have the door sensors...

If you have SOS then remote locking/unlocking through the myaudi will work, models earlier than 2018 will not...

This works fine from myAudi using my iPhone or my Apple Watch on my 2016 B9 S4.

What makes you think it won’t work on pre 2018 cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This works fine from myAudi using my iPhone or my Apple Watch on my 2016 B9 S4.

What makes you think it won’t work on pre 2018 cars?

As I already stated, as a non 'bludy foreigner' ;-), and I take this in jest, SOS was not fitted to pre my18 cars in the UK. There were some very early models where, it seems, Audi fitted them by mistake.

As I already stated, as a non 'bludy foreigner' ;-), and I take this in jest, SOS was not fitted to pre my18 cars in the UK. There were some very early models where, it seems, Audi fitted them by mistake.

Hooray for Audi mistakes!

Reactions: Filipão and cuke2u
Well I can happily confirm this is all up and running on both my phone and watch. Handy feature for me as I always have to check if I remembered to lock the car

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Audi Club. Just purchased the Audi A6 2015. I want to take advantage of all the features money can buy and get most out of my Audi. Apologies in advance if this is not the right forum for this, but does anyone know IF I can configure my audi connect app to remote unlock my car? I'm a tech geek and it'll be so cool if I could do that !

You should really be in the appropriate forum for your A6, however it is unlikely you can have this on a 2015, but I only know A4's....

It cant be done on the A6 C7, it can be done on the latest A6 model (C8) though.