1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlock with phone

Tripper May 17, 2019

1. Tripper

Tripper New Member

A4 B9. Reading through the handbook and setting up the app I’ve noticed mention of unlocking your doors with a touch of your phone to the handle . Is this a feature on this car ? Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. motty225

motty225 Member Audi S4

I don't believe this works on UK cars, you can unlock it with the my audi app though

Tripper likes this.
  4. Charlie in London

Charlie in London New Member

How do you unlock it with the app? Do you need a particular option? How did you set it up?

I've tried to do this but failed.

Charles

5. motty225

motty225 Member Audi S4

I just set up the my audi app and linked it to my car with the code and just click the padlock, although I've only ever used it probably twice in 6 months

Attached Files:

Tripper likes this.
  6. Tripper

Tripper New Member

I like the idea of this .. works with the Apple Watch too (Allegedly)

7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

If you have SOS then remote locking/unlocking through the myaudi will work, models earlier than 2018 will not...

Tripper likes this.
  8. phope74

phope74 Active Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition S tronic

Works with MyAudi app on Apple Watch as well...I don't have Android devices but I imagine the same functionality will be there if you have a compatible vehicle

IMG_7089.png

Tripper likes this.
  9. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

No support for Android/Tizen watches, the app isn't available :pensive:

10. Filipão

Filipão Active Member Audi S4

It does.

11. Filipão

Mine is 2017 YM (October 2016) production and has it.

Tripper likes this.
  12. Avatar

13. cuke2u

Yes but you're not in the UK, apologies for not making it clear I was referring to those based here...

14. Filipão

Not a problem, I don't think this Forum should be limited to England, though. ;-)

DaveW and Matty_S3&S5 like this.
  15. cuke2u

You're quite right and my apologies, however, in my defence, I was replying to Trippers post, who lives in the UK...

Filipão, Tashfeen and Tripper like this.
  16. Psychoscot

Psychoscot Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

And the UK is more than England...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

cuke2u likes this.
  17. DarkyUK

DarkyUK Active Member Team V6 Audi S5

Works on my 2017 S5 also, in the UK and England :)

Audidave69 and Tripper like this.
  18. Tripper

Tripper New Member

Thanks for all the replies guys ... can’t wait to get my hands on it now

19. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S tronic S-line owners group

On the cars that can be unlocked with the phone, can the phone also be used to switch the engine on or just to open the doors?

20. cuke2u

Tripper likes this.
  21. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 S tronic

.............use it on my 2018 SQ5 at times bit it is a bit of a gimmick really. Handy if you live in a flat or something to check all is secure tho.

22. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S tronic S-line owners group

I don't mean starting it remotely but using it like a spare key when the phone is in the car.

23. cuke2u

In that case I don't know as I don't have the SOS...

24. L_G

L_G Active Member Sportback Team Daytona Team V6 Audi S5

Lock/unlock only.

As far as I can tell the functionality is via the mobile network rather than the car sensing the presence of the phone in any way

25. DarkyUK

DarkyUK Active Member Team V6 Audi S5

There is a whole thing about the NFC stuff, myself and @cuke2u had a chat on here about it a while ago. If you have the NFC in the door handles and in the phone box (my S5 does not) then you can download a key to the phone which can be used via NFC to open the car (touching it on the door handles) and start the car (placing it in the phonebox).

Wasn't an option for the S5/A5 but I think can be an option on the A4.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/technology-lexicon-7180/infotainment-7183

Tripper likes this.
  26. cuke2u

Unfortunately NFC locking/unlocking is not a feature with the A4 either. Both cars have the same electronics and parts and do not have the door sensors...

Tripper likes this.
  27. shadenville

shadenville New Member

This works fine from myAudi using my iPhone or my Apple Watch on my 2016 B9 S4.

What makes you think it won’t work on pre 2018 cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28. Filipão

You must be a "bludy foreigner" too.

DaveW likes this.
  29. shadenville

shadenville New Member

In the UK - UK car, UK phone, UK mobile network... is that enough?

Filipão likes this.
  30. cuke2u

As I already stated, as a non 'bludy foreigner' ;-), and I take this in jest, SOS was not fitted to pre my18 cars in the UK. There were some very early models where, it seems, Audi fitted them by mistake.

31. shadenville

shadenville New Member

Hooray for Audi mistakes!

Filipão and cuke2u like this.
  32. Tripper

Tripper New Member

Well I can happily confirm this is all up and running on both my phone and watch. Handy feature for me as I always have to check if I remembered to lock the car

33. Avatar

34. cuke2u

Without sos?

35. Tripper

Tripper New Member

Mine has sos

36. cuke2u

Thanks...

Tripper likes this.
  37. Imran Ishaq

Imran Ishaq New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Audi Club. Just purchased the Audi A6 2015. I want to take advantage of all the features money can buy and get most out of my Audi. Apologies in advance if this is not the right forum for this, but does anyone know IF I can configure my audi connect app to remote unlock my car? I'm a tech geek and it'll be so cool if I could do that !

38. cuke2u

You should really be in the appropriate forum for your A6, however it is unlikely you can have this on a 2015, but I only know A4's....

39. Imran Ishaq

Imran Ishaq New Member

Cheers mate !

cuke2u likes this.
  40. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

It cant be done on the A6 C7, it can be done on the latest A6 model (C8) though.