1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift Unitronic Inlet elbow

T-1000 May 20, 2020

1. 123Quattro

123Quattro Guest

I'm curious if there is any advantage to an aluminium elbow over the forge silicone one? Are they at all flexible? As it is a softer material I wonder if it doesn't transmit as much vibration though the brake servo if they do touch?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. 1664Hatter

1664Hatter Registered User

I just wasn't keen on replacing an OEM ally part with a silicone one. The Unitronic also retains the OEM bolts which helps reduce the risk of them coming loose which other products have suffered.

123Quattro likes this.
  4. domino_z

domino_z Registered User

A lot of messing about to try get a part work that was never designed to fit a rhd car

Kudos for the psa, best stick with forge or if you’re anti silicone, spring for the eventuri

5. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

No problems here.......

The Forge isn’t without its issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTE Si likes this.
  6. TTE Si

TTE Si Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Exactly. Forge has been known to collapse under vacuum. I know of two cars suffered this and I actually requested the design changed and was. I know of Eventuri issues also..

End of the day its a tight space and some tweaking is required. I defo think dogbone upgrade or insert is a good call to reduce engine movement.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Sandra, T-1000 and savo like this.
  7. 1664Hatter

1664Hatter Registered User

Dogmount insert installed - problem solved for me. 3 minute job £45 part. :yahoo:

T-1000, savo and TTE Si like this.
  8. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

Exactly this.

The space is incredibly tight, fit the Unitronic correct and there are Zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. TTE Si

TTE Si Site Sponsor Site Sponsor