Unicorn Stage 1 Remap

Oxygen Thief

Reaction score
I've just got back from visiting @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. for a Stage 1 remap on my 58 plate S3 Sportback. If you are even contemplating a remap and live anywhere near him give him a call, I travelled just under 90 min to get there based on the recommendations of a few people on here and the journey was definitely worth it. I even took the long way home just to "evaluate the map" and took almost 3 hours to get home. Rick is a top bloke and worked some magic on my car and I can't recommend him highly enough.

On to the remap - WOW! It's just more EVERYTHING! The car feels like it's been brought alive, the delivery is so smooth and easily accessible the car should have left the factory like this! It now has enough torque that you could stick in one of the higher gears and let the engine do the work but the way the revs build and the power comes in is so addictive it makes you want to drop down a couple of gears just to feel that tidal wave as the car surges forward.

So, pics or it didn't happen:

Before:

DSC 0001

A perfectly healthy 263hp, as it left the factory - not too shabby for a completely standard 7yr old car with 57k miles on the clock.

After:
DSC 0002

A much more respectable 311hp with a nice fat torque increase all the way across the rev range.

@Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. thanks again, it's transformed the car.

Phil

Reactions: Chipmunk73, Dan-Jnr, Mario8P and 7 others
Nice! Glad you are enjoying your "new" car :) Rick is the man when it comes to remaps - I have his Stage 2+ map and it's amazing. Now that you have tasted what this car can do, I'm sure you will be wanting to go further - at least that's what happened to me anyway :) That and this forum didn't help my car stay standard for long.

Reactions: Chipmunk73, Oxygen Thief, S3Alex and 1 other person
I'd love to be able to take my car to Stage 2+ however, there are a couple of things that might get in the way - the wife and the wallet! At least I can "hide" a Stage 1 but as soon as the car starts to sound different she'll notice the difference.

Reactions: Chipmunk73 and grchmason
Oh, you have never heard if "black ops" budget? :)

My Mrs has no idea about what I did to the car. I think she mentioned once that it sounded a bit louder, but I mumbled something about "fixing" some exhaust valve which made it louder and faster. That was the end if that :)

Reactions: 16VG60 and grchmason
Fantastic result and as my Brother Leshkin has said you wait until 2+ power really is nothing else £ for £ that will touch one :)

Enjoy!!!!

Reactions: Oxygen Thief and leshkin
Id love to have this done. I've sorted my suspension out. Now for the engine

My Mrs has no idea about what I did to the car. I think she mentioned once that it sounded a bit louder, but I mumbled something about "fixing" some exhaust valve which made it louder and faster. That was the end if that :)

I am pretty sure that if my better half found out I had a "black ops" budget then it would very quickly become a castration budget! :scared2:

Reactions: Rhyso and leshkin

Lol , I put a pair of 6x4 exhausts on my old vec VXR , saw the missus looking at them one day , then she asked if the car was louder a couple of days later .. Never noticed the remap either, Always the law of 1/3 if you get caught caught as well !

Reactions: Rhyso and leshkin
Lol , I put a pair of 6x4 exhausts on my old vec VXR , saw the missus looking at them one day , then she asked if the car was louder a couple of days later .. Never noticed the remap either, Always the law of 1/3 if you get caught caught as well !
That's right, because if I don't spend it on the car, she will find something else to spend the money on :)

To be fair, I pay for all of the house bills, mortgage, savings, childcare and food shopping. The Mrs pays for most holidays and clothing. I think that I deserve to buy some toys on occasion :)

My argument has always been that I use my car everyday so I spend on it to make my day more comfortable and enjoyable :)

Equally its not as if I've p^%%#d it up against the wall lol