Undertray

Sp3no82

Reaction score
Right the undertray just came loose on my avant, dug into the tarmac and ripped off in bits taking the gearbox tray with it. I took my car to MB Services Sheffield on Monday and they had the tray off. I gave them a complete new pack of fixings for the tray as mine were rusted so this is the last thing I expected. Question is, do I need one and how expensive are they to replace as I would rather have one as Audi intended. They will be getting a call Monday as they got water in the ballast of my xenon which has blown it and some how managed to get water in the car too when they washed it. Not a happy chappy.

That's bad form if they are at fault for the undertray falling off, as for water in the car, how much? Are we talking a few drops that may have fallen in when they opened doors after washing or like a bucket full i.e. carpets/seats drenched.

Are you sure your lights aren't missing any seals before you lay blame on them?

My advice, tread carefully and go to them firm but polite. If you go in all guns blazing I expect you'll get no where other than an argument and stress.

My opinion is yes, you do need the undertray in place. From memory I think they're about £80 genuine Audi for the front engine undertray. Not sure about cost of rear one.