under boosting

stumpy83

one legged wonder
Reaction score
fitted my boost gauge today and found it to be only boosting at 3 psi?
which iirc it boost 8 psi?

ive tried to find a leak but only found two breathers that was split and perished. once replaced didnt make a
difference...

can anyone point me in the right direction?

i would like to run vag com to try and check the maf is working right, if someone can advise me how to i would be
very gratfeful please

Slight kink in the pipe you fitted? I had similar issue when I installed my gauge

checked that i also ran a second pipe to make sure of that

check there is nothing blocking the pipe on the gauge mine had a bit of plastic covering it when took it out of the box also i think it should be 10 or 12 on s3 mine is 10psi on 1.8t quattro standard

Defo not gauge seen it working in another car an pipe is clear as a whistle??
Gonna hook it up with the solus tomorrow on the digi boost gauge to make sure
100%

What else could it be MAF??

So I feel a little sill I had a another look over the engine today
And found the MAF sensor was unplugged abit.
Now it's boosting around 5 and 6 psi

Thats good its running higher but shouldn't it be 11/12 psi? I don't know if the autos are differnet but shouldn't most 1.8t's run higher than that...

I'm a little unsure?? I was told standard psi is around 8?? I could be wrong though?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. If you *****es don't know, don't post :angrymod: you'll only confuse the poor man.:whip:

Shauns car has an AGU engine, so has no boost sensor so it can't be checked on VAGcom or a solus. the ONLY way to measure boost on the AGU is via a mechanical guage.

Also, 6psi is about bang on for a standard 150bhp AGU. 10psi is for an AJQ/AUQ 180bhp engine.

Sounds like it's running fine to me Shaun, MAF logs looked good when I came out with you, peaking around 120g/s which is bang on for a standard car.