1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under 35k

voolooz Sep 14, 2018

1. voolooz

voolooz New Member

Apart from the Rs3 what other car would you have for less than 35k and why?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Jimmgc51

Jimmgc51 New Member

Golf R

Rapid for day to day driving
    Amazing steering, glued to the road
    Cheap to run and maintain

Just missing a certain soundtrack

FBF01 likes this.
  4. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Having come from one, the car is a beaut! Handles so well, better than the RS3 I’d have said, they just sound well ****. Another problem is all the chavs are running about in them now as you are able to pick them up for buttons now

neg likes this.
  5. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Clubsport S supposed to be really good too. Limited run so not sure on used value?

Edit - yep some under £35k.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    FBF01 likes this.
  6. Jimmgc51

Jimmgc51 New Member

Yip..

I had a Mk 6 GTI for 6 years and had my heart set on a Golf R, the Mk 6 R's were so rare but with MK 7 and all the PCP deals they were everywhere. Kind of took away some of that unique feeling you have when owning a car.

So I bought an RS3 and hardly see any in Leeds maybe 1 a fortnight

Still as said a great car though, can't take that away from it

FBF01 likes this.
  7. Toshers

Toshers Active Member Team Nardo TFSI Owners Group Audi RS3

Lotus Elise. Everyone should try one at some point. Awesome cars, the handling and overall driving experience is exceptional.
    lotus-elise-sprint-08.jpg

Tax Lit and stott like this.
  8. ChrisRS3

ChrisRS3 Member

Bmw M140i with some minor mods and a tune, i almost prefer that car over my rs3.

9. stott

stott New Member

I used to have a Lotus Elise Series 2 as my day to day, absolute beaut of a car, great to drive, lightning to 60, lacked grunt above that as you would expect.

Relatively cheap to run as well as small engine meant good MPG.

Not the most practical though, used to have to strap the suitcase to the passenger seat when going away on business.

10. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Can’t get past the looks of the 140 and how common they are! Every petrol head on a budget has one. Deals at 350 deposit and 350 a month don’t help, plus the shocking GFV...no thanks. Do think they sound great and go like stink, but not for me

11. Toshers

Toshers Active Member Team Nardo TFSI Owners Group Audi RS3

Yup, the 140i will be the chav car of choice for a while. This should keep residuals healthy, but as you say there are just so many of them about!

I'd have an M2 if it wasn't for the p*ss poor interior, plus you can't exploit a Beemers powers, M140i, M2 or otherwise unless it's practically perfect weather conditions.

What about a Fiesta ST for a bit of fun and pocket 15k+. A lot of the older ones are making damn fine track cars now...

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. voolooz

voolooz New Member

Been looking at a M3 or M4 early 30k but I think I would miss the security of the four wheel drive.

14. Tax Lit

Tax Lit New Member

I loved my e92 m3. I would highly recommend that car to anyone looking for performance under 35k. Swapping straight from the M3 to the RS3 on Saturday, and having just completed a 2000km road trip in the RS3, I would say that the RS3 is a better all-rounder (quieter, much better tech, all-wheel drive for snow/rain) whereas the M3 is sportier. The M3 had an amazing naturally aspirated v8 engine. No turbo lag. Perfect balance. Ability to drift if you're into that. Interior was nice and spacious, but pretty seriously outdated.

Also, the looks:
    M3.jpg

15. Tax Lit

Tax Lit New Member

Good choice! I've always wanted one of these, but they seem like they'd only really be good for track driving or daily driving somewhere with good roads and sun year-round.