Unable to turn off Leaving Home lights.

theViTALiTY

Reaction score
Hi mates, first post here so i guess it has to be a problem of sorts :/

I own the Audi A3 2009 2.0 TDI 140HP S-Line facelift. I recently bought the VCDS and was about to do my first coding which was CH lights. Car has the bi-xenon headlights installed but no auto lights, since it has no light sensor. So i checked the CH lights at Byte 0 and everything worked. However, it somehow turned on my leaving home lights. I decided to go back and uncheck the CH at Byte 0, which did turn off CH lights, but it didnt disable LH lights. Anyone got the ides what it could be or what might i have messed up? I realised i dont like CH or LH since they use headlights instead of DRL so i want them both turned off now :(

Last edited:
Refer back to your original coding you should have backed up before changing anything.

Refer back to your original coding you should have backed up before changing anything.
Well f*** me then. I didnt do any backups. It was the only thing i changed. That 1 checkbox for CH, which i went back and unchecked after realising its using headlights as CH instead of DRLs.

Oh if it helps, when i was about to do the first coding, i got prompted with this, and i went with Yes.
adp-uninit.png

Should always make a note of the original code so you can revert it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should always make a note of the original code so you can revert it back.

Ok, so i found out that VCDS saves a log of all codings done to the car. Heres the log.
3XE3Zpm.png

If im not mistaken, cell E1 has the original code, and the G13 is the last coding i have done. Shouldn't that be the original code then?

Looks like it, first two digits are different,
Manually alter the long code.

Out of interest, where did you find the log in vcds as I never knew that was there.

Yeah, ive tried turning it back on and off few times to see if it makes a difference, and after no avail i just put unchecked everything like it was before i started coding, as u can see in the log, the first and the last code are the same.

Logs are located in the Debug folder where yours VCDS installation is.

Yeah, ive tried turning it back on and off few times to see if it makes a difference, and after no avail i just put unchecked everything like it was before i started coding, as u can see in the log, the first and the last code are the same.

Logs are located in the Debug folder where yours VCDS installation is.
Just put a post in ross- tech forum too see if your orginal code can be foumd within vcds subfolders . Let you know when i get a reply

Last edited:
Reactions: Abi
Giong by ross tech ur coding should be in that debug folder in C drive