Unable to read obd port.

mephisto

Hi plugged in tonight with my scanner powered up OK so seems to connect but scans and unable to connect to engine or any other option. Works fine in my other s3. Noticed port socket a but wobbly maybe a wire come loose?

MPH

Hi plugged in tonight with my scanner powered up OK so seems to connect but scans and unable to connect to engine or any other option. Works fine in my other s3. Noticed port socket a but wobbly maybe a wire come loose?
Port is wobbly anyway even after new centre console install. I would remove console and check the wiring.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mephisto

Port is wobbly anyway even after new centre console install. I would remove console and check the wiring.

OK ive always used the port under where the headlight rotary switch is located the points at the floor of the car?

I took that cover off in the center there's nothing there, more curious is a folded sheet of white paper behind? Is it easy to remove center console? D o i remove console at bottom surrounding gearstick or upper unit housing aircon and stereo?

1637587831036.png

MPH

OK ive always used the port under where the headlight rotary switch is located the points at the floor of the car?

I took that cover off in the center there's nothing there, more curious is a folded sheet of white paper behind? Is it easy to remove center console? D o i remove console at bottom surrounding gearstick or upper unit housing aircon and stereo?

View attachment 246468
Please see enclosed pdf for reference. View attachment Storage compartments_covers _ Removing and installing lower section of centre console.pdf

mephisto

Just to add i took the clip off my other S3 8L center console and there wasn't an obd port on that one either, both seem to be to the right of steering wheel point at floor.

MPH

mephisto

OK took off the lower dash and check obd connections all looks ok, removed connector and plugged straight into diagnostic reader. Powers it up ok but when checking engine module.. long wait then unable to connect. :( I will try my tester on my other s3 but im pretty sure it works fine.

The loom of what about 6 wires disappears up into another main loom. Checked the main fuses all look ok. thoughts anyone?

MPH

OK took off the lower dash and check obd connections all looks ok, removed connector and plugged straight into diagnostic reader. Powers it up ok but when checking engine module.. long wait then unable to connect. :( I will try my tester on my other s3 but im pretty sure it works fine.

The loom of what about 6 wires disappears up into another main loom. Checked the main fuses all look ok. thoughts anyone?
Check ecu next for water ingress connection etc.

mephisto

Check ecu next for water ingress connection etc.

Thankyou for your prompt reply here.

OOf i see wipers off to and panel off ok cheers <sigh> these cars. There's me thinking all i needed to do was replace a seized rear caliper. Already whistled past 200 quid :D

Reactions: MPH

mephisto

Just to add my ABS light is on. Read some interesting comments here about ABS issues and stereo issues both with ground and reading OBD

MPH

Just to add my ABS light is on. Read some interesting comments here about ABS issues and stereo issues both with ground and reading OBD

What scanner are you using @mephisto

mephisto

Ok so tonight i went through all the small fuses, unplugging them replugging. Tried my scanner again and it worked! Managed to pull off 3 error codes for engine, one seems to be referring to crankshaft sensor. Anyway i selected clear and arghh unable to communicate again. Tried pulling all same fuses nothing. Poxy ******* car.