Unable to connect

Sp3no82

Reaction score
Hi guys my brand new Hex-V2 turned up today so I went ahead and installed the provided VCDS Release 17.1 onto my new HP Envy x360 laptop with windows 10 intel CORE i7 processor and USB 3.0 connection. Every time I try to test the connection the software hangs and stops responding. What do I need to do ignition is on, led flashing green at the OBD port so I'm not sure what's wrong

Reactions: carlcall
Hi guys my brand new Hex-V2 turned up today so I went ahead and installed the provided VCDS Release 17.1 onto my new HP Envy x360 laptop with windows 10 intel CORE i7 processor and USB 3.0 connection. Every time I try to test the connection the software hangs and stops responding. What do I need to do ignition is on, led flashing green at the OBD port so I'm not sure what's wrong

1)Options

2) test

3) save

Have you followed these procedures before trying to connect to the ECU?.

Hi there, yes I have followed them steps and as soon as I press "Test" it hangs and stops responding totally so I have to force quit the application. I cant seem to locate the Ross Tech connection in my device manager either, the only place it appears is under "Human Interface Devices" which have to be unhidden to show up.
Do I have a bad cable?

Hi there, yes I have followed them steps and as soon as I press "Test" it hangs and stops responding totally so I have to force quit the application. I cant seem to locate the Ross Tech connection in my device manager either, the only place it appears is under "Human Interface Devices" which have to be unhidden to show up.
Do I have a bad cable?

Where did you buy the interface from?.

Do I have a bad cable?

If the interface is genuine you will have to register it follow these instructions here.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vca/index.php

I ordered it from eBay and it came from France! I have gone through the steps to register it and Ross Tech have now returned a code to me so it's 100% genuine. Will try the code and see what happens

Fell at the first hurdle. To register the product VCDS has to be able to find the interface once you press test. As soon as I press test it crashes, I only managed to get through to the configure part by selecting NET option. Getting so frustrated with this I just don't think my laptop is reading the cable as a USB device

Fell at the first hurdle. To register the product VCDS has to be able to find the interface once you press test. As soon as I press test it crashes, I only managed to get through to the configure part by selecting NET option. Getting so frustrated with this I just don't think my laptop is reading the cable as a USB device

You state in your first post you went ahead & installed the provided software.

CD or link from Ross Tech site?.

The software came in the box on a USB stick so I installed it from this :)

hmmm... download the latest genuine software from the RossTech website.
Try also installiung on another machine, make sure the device actually works.

Your interface is fake send it back to the seller who supplied it to you & get a refund.

The software is downloaded through official Ross Tech website not a USB or CD.

Upload a photo of the front of the interface.

Out of interest what car was you intending to use this on & how much do you pay for it.

It OK I got it working now thanks to your advice. I paid £220 for a 3 VIN device. I uninstalled and re installed from the Web site download and realised I didn't tick the box on the installer which is specific to my operating system. User error. Thanks for helping me problem solve it much appreciated