1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Un-planned for 'project' A6 C6

jimmies Aug 17, 2017

1. jimmies

jimmies New Member

Hello all,

You find me a new Audi driver and with a repair project I had hoped to not have been faced with. I just sold my Disco 2 due to the time spent underneath it !

Anyway.....I recently had a coming together with a transit ( the transit was pretty much unmarked ! ) - I have damaged my drivers side wing/headlight and bumper. I got it home today and have taken the broken bits off but on inspecting the insides of the wing area I notice that some of the inner metal chassis bits have taken some of the damage too. Not exactly what this area is called ( inner wing ?? ) but I would like to request the thoughts on this as a DIY repair option and if you have any pointers at all

It is the area at around 2 o'clock angle to the wheel that is most out of shape

pics below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. jimmies

jimmies New Member

The chassis leg is fine and not shifted at all - could I just 'massage' the bent metal back into place and line it up with a new wing?...or am I looking at having to cut out the front chassis?