1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultra no longer available?

TeaMonsta Jun 14, 2018 at 12:03 AM

1. TeaMonsta

TeaMonsta New Member

I recently ordered an A4 Avant S-line 2.0 TDi Ultra 190PS. Called the dealer yesterday to change the order to have the S-Tronic gearbox instead of the manual that I had previouly ordered. The sales person I have been dealing with said that a new order form had to be submitted and that the Ultra was now unavailable for the S-line but still available for the Sport. They guessed that it may be due to the fact that all new chassis were to be made from the lighter materials which previously qualified them as Ultra so there is now point in the differentiation. Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Not really but we can guess that, as the new facelift is coming model versions and options will be changed, as is usual really...

4. TeaMonsta

TeaMonsta New Member

Facelift?! Wasn't aware of that! Oh well, probably wouldn't have got such a good deal on the price if I'd ordered the new one. When's it due to be released?

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

TeaMonsta and q5man like this.
  6. TeaMonsta

TeaMonsta New Member

Just had a Google. Looks nice.

7. q5man

q5man Well-Known Member Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5 S tronic

Yep, when discounts are good, usually means there is a new/facelift or that model is being pushed by Audi. A mate of mine always buys his when new one about to come, means you get cracking deal and kit, but don’t get latest toys and tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeaMonsta likes this.
  8. TeaMonsta

TeaMonsta New Member

This is how I've consoled myself. I'm happy with the deal I got and the same spec with the new facelift would probably be more than I want to spend. I've already bust my original budget by quite a long way. Surprised my wife didn't didn't have much to say about it but she's not silly, she might well use my overspend as ammunition for when she's considering a hugely overpriced designer handbag....

WesT-gefül, Adrian76 and q5man like this.
  9. q5man

q5man Well-Known Member Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5 S tronic

And that is what it is all about, get a deal you are happy with, as like anything always changing and always new models or FL’s. Hmm, methinks that is what she will do ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. TeaMonsta

TeaMonsta New Member

You're right on both points there:
    1 - Agreed. Otherwise you'd end up never buying anything
    2 - Ohh yes. You know it....

q5man likes this.
Tags: