Ultra Badge

Colh

Reaction score
Question for the Ultra Sport owners who haven't de-badged.

Does your car have an "Ultra" badge under your TDI?

I've got a 2.0l TDI 190 Avant, and I only have TDI on the right hand side. I was sat just behind a saloon TDI today, that had TDI and under it, an Ultra badge. I assume it was a 150ps as it only had a single tailpipe.

Not complaining, just a tiny detail that I was curious about.

Any a3 that comes with a 1.4 engine comes with an ultra badge even though it isn't a ultra in the brochure..

My current A3 1.4 Cylinder on Demand TFSI has an ultra badge.
My new A4 Sline 2.0D 190 Ultra has a badge too.

[QUOTEis tat ="cuke2u, post: 2808342, member: 82441"]Any a3 that comes with a 1.4 engine comes with an ultra badge even though it isn't a ultra in the brochure..[/QUOTE]
is that definitely correct? - I have seen several such as the below that do/did not have one?

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 286
Is that a face lift model? Earlier models, such as mine, didn't, but I think it was when the engines went from 140ps to 150 they badged them up. Our neighbours 1.4 A3 has one...

My 2.0 TDi Ultra 190 that I collected this morning has the Ultra badge on the boot.

How much less is it to tax the Ultra over the regular 2 litre 190 tdi?

Is that a face lift model? Earlier models, such as mine, didn't, but I think it was when the engines went from 140ps to 150 they badged them up. Our neighbours 1.4 A3 has one...
yes, definitely a fl model - unless they stick them on just before pick up - I have seen several (if not more), fl ones and not one has had the ultra badge so am a little puzzled

It get worse and more random then. I wonder if this is a dealer issue where they are fitting them, or not...

It get worse and more random then. I wonder if this is a dealer issue where they are fitting them, or not...
I have just seen my A3 prior to it going for the PDI - definitely does not have ultra badge

Going by the responses, I suppose the answer to my original question is.....its pot luck whether your car has an "ultra" badge on it or not ;)

Badges and how many you get and what they show can be country specific. I work in a car factory and a few years back they did the same size engine with two different BHP. In the UK the only way to tell the difference was by looking at the CDTI badge closely. If I recall correctly the CDTI badge with the lower BHP was all silver, the higher BHP version had the CD part in silver and the TI part filled in black with silver edges.

The same goes for other bits and bobs, some countries get certain things as standard and we don't even have them as an option! They used to do a dust pack, if a car was fitted with that you knew it was going to Australia. Many moons back air-con was rare coming down the line and again you knew it was going to a hot country, now it's 100%.