Ultimate Dubs: An introduction, an invitation [and frankly, a bit of a steal]...

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi All,

I've just had a very interesting discussion with Matt @ Slim's Detailing.

Slim's [ http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk ] are about to breathe new life (& lustre) into our detailing section; with lots of content to help you learn the products & processes involved in top notch detailing.

Among many things we've discussed were events, with the forthcoming Ultimate Dubs show (Sunday 15th of March, Telford International Centre) being of perhaps particular interest to you...

Slim's are going to be at that show in a big way; planning with their partners to give demonstrations throughout the day, showing how to restore finish to sponge-battered paintwork using the latest high-end machine polishing products & techniques.

And here's the best bit, it might be YOUR car they're giving their TLC to!

If you've got an Audi or VW that you'd like to be centrepiece of the stand, they'd like to hear from you - preferably if you've got something which was once Absolute Red, or perhaps a nice Brilliant Black or Ming Blue with a galaxy motif in swirls?

NB: Due to the practicalities of this being at a show, your car would need to be available for set-up on the stand the night before.

I'd imagine (unless Matt advises differently below), the easiest and most sensible way to register your interest would be to post a pic of your gleamer-to-be in this thread...

Rob.

Reactions: Ghost and Nilz
Hi all,

As Rob said, we're joining your forum to do something a little bit different with the Detailing section. We have about 10 or 11 video guides and untold number of blogs we're looking forward to sharing with you where instead of throwing discount codes around (there is a deal in for you guys too - we're not that tight :laugh:) - we're hoping to share with you some interesting content on how to really get the best results for your car, with the latest & greatest detailing products and techniques out there.

There are a number of (what we consider, anyway! haha) exciting things we're looking to share with you over the coming year as well both on here and hopefully at some shows and meets too.

However - let's get started with something that's pretty different. We are exhibiting next week at Ultimate Dubs at The Telford International Centre (15th) on a very large joint stand with one of our supply partners Koch Chemie/Swissvax. Koch Chemie is a Daimler approved range from Germany, which only launched late last year here in the UK. To say it's gone down well would be an understatement.

As part of the show, we are running machine polishing demonstrations on our stand throughout the Sunday. One slight hiccup though, the car we were going to use has pulled out and we are looking for a replacement.

For a show of this type to really get the best results, we would love to hear from you if you have a car with a faded red, or moody blue colour that needs some life again. Swirl marks, light scratches etc are no problem, the only thing we'd avoid is rust (we can't polish rust, no matter how hard we try) or anything in obvious need of a paint repair.

Feel free to drop me a line (matt@slimsdetailing.co.uk) or my colleague Jon (enquiries@slimsdetailing.co.uk) if you are interested (pictures as well please - of the car, obviously) in what is essentially a free machine polish for your car from the our own expert detailer, who is professional trainer and show car detailer by trade and the guys from Swissvax who run their own high end detailing centre in Yorkshire. We would need to get the vehicle positioned on stand the day before though, that's the only potential catch.

We've already had a couple of people apply, but hoped this would be a nice way to firstly say 'hello' to you guys at Audi-Sport and hopefully help one of you out as well get your paintwork looking mint again. Also - if your attending the show at all, do come and say hello, would be great to meet you.

Thanks again - look forward to coming onboard as full traders of the forum in the near future and speaking more about the world of Audi!

Cheers,

Matt.

Reactions: Jake 61, Sandra, Ghost and 2 others
Welcome to the site, I must say this is a great intro the forum.

Unfortunately my car is Silver and I am unavailable that weekend, but look forward to seeing how this goes.

Whereabouts are you guys based by the way??

Cheers
Nilz

Hi Nilz,

Thanks! We thought it would be a nice way to introduce ourself. It's a bit out the blue as intros go!

Not to worry - we've had a couple of people come forward but still considering our options :sly:

We're part of Morelli Group, who are nationwide. The Detailing stock is mainly distributed from Enfield, London - but we are also opening up a second shop next week from Portsmouth. :thumbs up:

Cheers,

Matt.

Good stuff mate, wish you all the best :)

Reactions: Matt@Slim'sDetailing
@Matt@Slim'sDetailing. Welcome to the forum Matt. Im sure everyone on here will appreciate your advice on looking after our cars. Have an enjoyable day at Ultimate Dubs show. Enjoy the forum. :) x

would you guys have your products at the ultimate dub on Sunday? Might try some of the products out !

would you guys have your products at the ultimate dub on Sunday? Might try some of the products out !

Hey bud - apologies, I've only just seen this. It was a crazy day yesterday & Saturday. Such a busy show. Did you get a chance to come say Hi in the end. We had a lot of interest in the TT we had on stand and the machine polishing demo's - which was great fun!

Reactions: Nilz