Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

RS3 price in Ireland is one of the highest in the world though isn’t it? €70k base spec that doesn’t include advanced tech pack / Virtual cockpit which is standard in U.K. (€4.5k option in Ireland) Doesn’t include heated seats or Electric lumber.

Just specced a medium spec car upto 90k Euros, full spec has to be pushing 100k Euros.

Irish cars come with Ceramics as standard though, but with no Nav or heated seats. Sounds a little well, Irish ;)

€90k Euros is about £82k at 1.1 exchange rate. Has to be one of the most expensive comparisons in the World. I know the Dutch and Norwegians have a hard time too.

And don’t you guys over in Ireland have to pay a crazy annual tax to own such a car?

We tend to follow the German model here for cars in that the models start off with a really bare bones spec unlike the UK where your entry level car tends to be highly specced. But we certainly don't match the German low prices....we get screwed here by the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) which puts a tax as high as 30% on the price of a car like an RS3. It's tied to CO2 emissions so low emission cars and Electic cars have a much lower VRT. I can spec up a decent RS3 for €84K with all the nav, VC, SS seats, panther black paint etc. And example of the lunacy of the VRT system is the S4 which starts off at €70K on 18in rims. If you choose 19in rims, it increases the CO2 figure and puts the car into a higher band and just adding those wheels will add €5K and every option will be more expensive as well as the road tax

So when I hint at a good deal, it's all relative! If I spec up a really bare S5 sportback spec, I can't get it below €90K.

And to top it off, Audi put the GFVs ridiculously low. So said S5 starts at €80K and the GFV is €28.5K after 3 years. So your montly payments are big but there is no negative equity really to worry about. It seems to be a protective thing here, even Porsche have a maximum GFV on all cars of just 35% of list price.

Annual road tax for an RS3 is €750 which is not bad really.

The Dutch have the same lunatics running the show when it comes to cars, the same CO2 bands of tax.

Reactions: drgav2005 and D0C
Don't get me started on tax..... I did look at it the other day - VAT £8,500, first year VED £1,200, 5 more years of VED - £2,250 = total £12,000. Plus another £50 of duty & VAT every time you tank up the car. What then boils my p*** is the Local Authorities are then spending nothing on the roads - they are starting to resemble the Somme around me - almost unusable.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Don't get me started on European pricing..........dealer near me in France is looking for 83k euro for a new RS3 sportback.
UK is very well positioned at the moment on pricing.

It also means you're financing more money artificially, no?

This is something I've always wondered. How does PCP finance work on supercars that generally keep their value? Their GFV must be over 60%.

This is something I've always wondered. How does PCP finance work on supercars that generally keep their value? Their GFV must be over 60%.

The finance company sets it at 40 or 50% and you pay the extra interest. PURE Profiteering disguised as 'shielding the customer from negative equity'. In reality, it makes a future sale more likely too, as most people have a larger deposit in the form of equity.

Reactions: NevMan
Are there any good pcp deals around for these at the minute?

Ideally I want to get in one with £2k down and £400 per month... think I’ve much chance with that budget?

Not looking at massive spec either and probably would take Nardo Grey which is a stock colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideally I want to get in one with £2k down and £400 per month... think I’ve much chance with that budget?

Not looking at massive spec either and probably would take Nardo Grey which is a stock colour.

No, not a chance, not anywhere close.

Reactions: NevMan and AudiNutta

PCP of 6% would be considered not bad. However they are currently climbing.

I have Audi PCP at 6% paying 450month with 10k large down, 4yrs on a 51k S/B which isn't a massive spec.

Sorry buddy but you've got Bob Hope and no hope of getting a new RS3 for 400month with only 2k down.

Reactions: TYb and NevMan
PCP of 6% would be considered not bad. However they are currently climbing.

I have Audi PCP at 6% paying 450month with 10k large down, 4yrs on a 51k S/B which isn't a massive spec.

Sorry buddy but you've got Bob Hope and no hope of getting a new RS3 for 400month with only 2k down.

Saying that if you went the bare bones wanting 400 a month your looking at a good 7 to 8 k down maybe more.

I did some calculations because I want a similar monthly payment. Lets say you go full base spec sportback, its £44,755.00. The APR is now 6.4% and I used 5k annual miles to get as low as possible. For 36 months and 2k deposit, you're looking at £690 a month using £25050 GFV that Audi Finance says. For 48 months and 2k deposit, you're looking at £604 a month using £22670 GFV.

To get to £400 a month, you either need a £10462 deposit for 48 months GFV, £10595 deposit for 42 months or £11216 deposit for 36 months. The deposit can be made up of different things like Dealer contribution, part exchange and obviously actual deposits from you.

Reactions: jonoA
Dont get a bum basic one either as you will hate it the whole time!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sve170, NevMan and jonoA
Dont get a bum basic one either as you will hate it the whole time!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don’t think it’s going to work out for me right now. Audi’s APR figures are way higher then that if BMWs which is tempting me over to the dark side as the deals are so much better.

Oh I totally forgot about discounts. Easiest one is ukcarbroker which has a 6% flat discount on the car and added options too. That brings the total standard sportback to £42,160.60, which is £608 a month with 2k deposit for 36 months or £541 a month with 2k deposit for 48 months. A bit more reasonable for your budget. What that means is, you now only need £7868 deposit to get to £400 a month over 48 months or £8621 deposit over 36 months.

It is possible to get 10% discount, maybe even a little bit higher than that which will make the deposit needed even less. So try your hardest to get the best discount possible and let me know who gives it to you since I'm after it too. Just for guidance sake, 10% discount would bring the base spec sportback down to £40279.5, which needs £5987 for £400 a month over 48 months or £6740 deposit over 36 months. As people have said, the S3 would fit your budget better as you'll need something under £40k to get to your monthly payments.

Thank you, am on the train heading there now, it’s getting exciting :)
At last the time has come, off to pick mine up tomorrow, so the wait will come to an end.

Thank you, I have a 4.5 hour train ride to get there first.
The tank has beed filled already cheap still I bet, (should of asked for the old stuff).
I ran 99 in my JCW so am used to it lol.
Hope the weather tomorrow is not as bad as they say its going to be.

Thank you, am on the train heading there now, it’s getting exciting :)

Well 2 years ago today I picked mine up, how time flys.

Reactions: infernox, NevMan and PeteRS3lee