Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

LOL its not finished its build, it starts on Monday. They must have idiots in Spain who read the online tracker. Monday it is built. Between Wednesday and Thursday it will leave the factory.
Just because the build week date is Monday does not mean that's when it will be build. It could easily be be built before that. Mine was built before the monday that was stated as my build week as my json updated to 30 2 days before the build was scheduled. If you really believe the car will be built on that exact monday every time then you are mistaken lol.

Just because the build week date is Monday does not mean that's when it will be build. It could easily be be built before that. Mine was built before the monday that was stated as my build week as my json updated to 30 2 days before the build was scheduled. If you really believe the car will be built on that exact monday every time then you are mistaken lol.

I have now ordered two cars in the last year - the build starts on Monday. Your correct however in saying it may not actually be built on the Monday. It could be built Tuesday or Wednesday or according to Audi CS anytime up to 10 days after the build week starts. Typically however it is built at the start of the week and leaves the factory by middle of the same week.

Your car was not built early - I am sorry. The Audi factory doesn’t make cars early as it would mess up the whole system. The tracker is not accurate. And occasionally it gives wrong, or delayed information and at the start it just plain lies and says the car is built before the build week even starts.

Now the time it takes from stage 30 to shipping is on average 10 days. I am confident that your car will take longer now because the tracker has given you the wrong information. Come back to me when it is on the boat and if its any faster than 10 days I will owe you.

But it won’t be. Your not special. Sorry :p

I have now ordered two cars in the last year - the build starts on Monday. Your correct however in saying it may not actually be built on the Monday. It could be built Tuesday or Wednesday or according to Audi CS anytime up to 10 days after the build week starts. Typically however it is built at the start of the week and leaves the factory by middle of the same week.

Your car was not built early - I am sorry. The Audi factory doesn’t make cars early as it would mess up the whole system. The tracker is not accurate. And occasionally it gives wrong, or delayed information and at the start it just plain lies and says the car is built before the build week even starts.

Now the time it takes from stage 30 to shipping is on average 10 days. I am confident that your car will take longer now because the tracker has given you the wrong information. Come back to me when it is on the boat and if its any faster than 10 days I will owe you.

But it won’t be. Your not special. Sorry :p
My build week was Monday 22nd Jan, It is now 27th Jan and it has been released and waiting for a boat JSON says 38. From your logic, building cars late will also mess the system up, but guess what, it doesn't. I would take that Audi CS say with a pinch of salt and maybe trust people with first hand experience on car manufacturing. I don't claim to be special I am just letting you know that you don't know everything ans you aren't right all the time like you think you are. :tonguewink:

My build week was Monday 22nd Jan, It is now 27th Jan and it has been released and waiting for a boat JSON says 38. From your logic, building cars late will also mess the system up, but guess what, it doesn't. I would take that Audi CS say with a pinch of salt and maybe trust people with first hand experience on car manufacturing. I don't claim to be special I am just letting you know that you don't know everything ans you aren't right all the time like you think you are. :tonguewink:

Lol you realise your on schedule. You car was built on 22nd left the factory in the middle of the week and 3 days later reached port. It doesn’t mean it was built early. It means you have been very lucky with the speed of the build that’s all. If you have said experience working for a German manufacturer in Germany then fine. But I’m guessing you probably didn’t or would have said that. And I am always right. Your always wrong... Problem solved :p

Lol you realise your on schedule. You car was built on 22nd left the factory in the middle of the week and 3 days later reached port. It doesn’t mean it was built early. It means you have been very lucky with the speed of the build that’s all. If you have said experience working for a German manufacturer in Germany then fine. But I’m guessing you probably didn’t or would have said that. And I am always right. Your always wrong... Problem solved :p
You are full of contradictions, In a previous post you stated that "30" is the first real time update, now you are claiming that it is not? Make up your mind.

[{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-20T01:05:12+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-22T00:00:00+0000"}

On 18-01-20 my car was updated to status 30 at 01:05:12, according to you, this is the first real update, which makes sense as all the other "fake" updates are all given a default time stamp at midnight. Status 30 means the car is in transit from factory. The car will be scanned and logged before it leaves the factory and this information will be updated on the system, as shown above.

This proves my car was in fact not built on the Monday, which for some reason you seem to claim it was.:smirk:

You are full of contradictions, In a previous post you stated that "30" is the first real time update, now you are claiming that it is not? Make up your mind.

[{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-20T01:05:12+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-22T00:00:00+0000"}

On 18-01-20 my car was updated to status 30 at 01:05:12, according to you, this is the first real update, which makes sense as all the other "fake" updates are all given a default time stamp at midnight. Status 30 means the car is in transit from factory. The car will be scanned and logged before it leaves the factory and this information will be updated on the system, as shown above.

This proves my car was in fact not built on the Monday, which for some reason you seem to claim it was.:smirk:

I know that 30 is the first real time update. But the tracker has been messed up before. Sometimes it stops working altogether. Sometimes it is delayed and sometimes it’s too keen.

So I believe you got 30 by mistake too early. But you had a quick build overall which is why your now at the dock with me waiting. It would be interesting to know if anyone else with a build this week was already at Emden.

I know that 30 is the first real time update. But the tracker has been messed up before. Sometimes it stops working altogether. Sometimes it is delayed and sometimes it’s too keen.

So I believe you got 30 by mistake too early. But you had a quick build overall which is why your now at the dock with me waiting. It would be interesting to know if anyone else with a build this week was already at Emden.
Damn, you are seriously in denial. Literally have no words for people like you. Facepalm.

LOL lets look at the evidence.

1. No one else has gotten a car built early unless the date moved before it reached stage 20.
2. The tracker is renowned for being wrong and giving false information.
3. Your car is on time as if it was built on Monday and left the factory on Wednesday.

There is no evidence it was built quicker other than the tracker which we know is automated at the start anyway. So the realistic situation is a fault caused the tracker to put you at stage 30 on Monday but the reality is nothing changed. The car was built on Monday and was shipped out the factory on Wednesday and arrived at Emden on Saturday which is normal, sure it does seem you got built right away and on the train without any delay but that’s just effiency at work with Audi. My car was built on the week of 15th but didn’t leave the factory until the 20th. And arrived at Emden 4 days later.

Also you do realise that your car left the factory before it was built according to your tracker data lol so it just proves its inacurate.

I won’t say you are not right, Spinstorm, but to me it sounds strange that all cars start build on Monday and leave the factory on Wednesday. It is just impossible. I read somewhere that they build cars 24h Monday to Friday. On the other hand, it may be true that tracker is not always up to date, but if they give you a build week it won’t be modified: either moved forward or moved back to next monday...

I won’t say you are not right, Spinstorm, but to me it sounds strange that all cars start build on Monday and leave the factory on Wednesday. It is just impossible. I read somewhere that they build cars 24h Monday to Friday. On the other hand, it may be true that tracker is not always up to date, but if they give you a build week it won’t be modified: either moved forward or moved back to next monday...

Let me be clear. I am not saying every RS3 starts being built on Monday and is finished by Wednesday. I am saying that seems to be the average time frame for UK cars looking at everyone on the forum who had an A3 built. In my case my car left the factory Thursday night/Friday morning so it wasn't on that exact schedule either.

There must be some order that the cars are built in - maybe its by country - or maybe its by spec - but it's too much of a coincidence to see that the dates cars leave seem to mostly be middle of the week.

The build week as you know moves around until it is locked at Stage 20.

---------

I have tonight gone to stage 39.

"orderHistory":
[{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2018-01-28T01:02:31+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-19T01:01:58+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-15T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-01-13T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-01-12T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-01-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-12-08T01:01:34+0000"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-10-31T01:01:35+0000"},{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2017-08-26T01:10:48+0100"}]

But there are no boats from Emden to the UK that left today (Saturday). Possibly the Makhassar Highway may be leaving on Sunday to travel to the UK (but its destination isn't confirmed yet.).

I am not sure if the status would update before it's on the boat however. Last time with my S3 it updated to say it was on the way when the boat had already left.

What I am most curious about is - is my car already in the UK and the tracker is 24 hours behind or is it pre-empting the boat leaving today?

HOWEVER what this does prove is that the tracker is super wierd and unreliable. Either its ahead of my car or 24 hours behind. Neither are good things as they are not accurate. Which exactly goes to my point with @JamesCrs3

The build week as you know moves around until it is locked at Stage 20.
Of course, I meant the build week is not moved once you are in stage 20. They gave me week 4 as locked build week before Christmas and, on Thursday, they told me it was finished that same day (Thursday), and I trust them.

HOWEVER what this does prove is that the tracker is super wierd and unreliable. Either its ahead of my car or 24 hours behind. Neither are good things as they are not accurate. Which exactly goes to my point with @JamesCrs3
I don't dispute how unreliable the tracker system is, however to be given a live update with specific time stamp 2 days before the potential build date; i find it hard to believe that is a computer glitch lol. Either way I'll be getting the exact build date off my dealer this week.

So emailed the dealer and told him I want the car this week and his response was a few days from Germany and up to 8 days from Sheerness to them. I know from my S3 that’s not correct but dealers are always pessimistic and under promise so I figure I have to wait. I fully expect my status to be 40 tonight as I’m sure the car arrived today in port on the Makassar Highway (although I can’t be certain of this I’m 99% on it).

What really ****** me off however was the finance guy called me 10 minutes before he finished work and I missed his call. Naturally I couldn’t call him back as he had left. Very unhelpful.

My whole finance situation was based on my desposit covering negative equity on my S3 and a deposit on the RS3. And the finance coming up at say £49k (which is only 5k more than my S3). However his message he left me said they would give me slightly more for my car because its got less miles but even with that the finance would be over £50k... but unhelpful he didn’t say how much they would give for my car or how much the finance would be. He gave me as little information as possible. Honestly - if your going to call me and not give me enough time to call back at least give me some exact figures!!!!

I am thinking maybe he didn’t have any and was just courtesy calling me but he did ask me to call back. It may be that the only way I can afford this car without upping my deposit is to pay more on finance.

But they haven’t given me a discount when other dealers in their group are so I am not out of order believing that they should stick to the original deal and not move the goalposts now. But I think that they will ONLY give me the option of increasing my depsosit or the finance and I can only afford the increased finance.

So emailed the dealer and told him I want the car this week and his response was a few days from Germany and up to 8 days from Sheerness to them. I know from my S3 that’s not correct but dealers are always pessimistic and under promise so I figure I have to wait. I fully expect my status to be 40 tonight as I’m sure the car arrived today in port on the Makassar Highway (although I can’t be certain of this I’m 99% on it).

What really ****** me off however was the finance guy called me 10 minutes before he finished work and I missed his call. Naturally I couldn’t call him back as he had left. Very unhelpful.

My whole finance situation was based on my desposit covering negative equity on my S3 and a deposit on the RS3. And the finance coming up at say £49k (which is only 5k more than my S3). However his message he left me said they would give me slightly more for my car because its got less miles but even with that the finance would be over £50k... but unhelpful he didn’t say how much they would give for my car or how much the finance would be. He gave me as little information as possible. Honestly - if your going to call me and not give me enough time to call back at least give me some exact figures!!!!

I am thinking maybe he didn’t have any and was just courtesy calling me but he did ask me to call back. It may be that the only way I can afford this car without upping my deposit is to pay more on finance.

But they haven’t given me a discount when other dealers in their group are so I am not out of order believing that they should stick to the original deal and not move the goalposts now. But I think that they will ONLY give me the option of increasing my depsosit or the finance and I can only afford the increased finance.

Changing the deal works both ways. They commit when they invoice the car at the point of order, the same as you commit. You don’t expect them to change the price, nor do they expect you to change how much you are willing to pay for the car it’s a done deal.

They can and will argue it’s not their fault how the value of your S3 has dropped, but you say they are willing to pay more?! In this message?
We’ve all tried the “you offered discount after I ordered”, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.. order early when they weren’t discounting, miss out on it.

Changing the deal works both ways. They commit when they invoice the car at the point of order, the same as you commit. You don’t expect them to change the price, nor do they expect you to change how much you are willing to pay for the car it’s a done deal.

They can and will argue it’s not their fault how the value of your S3 has dropped, but you say they are willing to pay more?! In this message?
We’ve all tried the “you offered discount after I ordered”, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.. order early when they weren’t discounting, miss out on it.

I meant I can’t afford a higher deposit. Maybe more finance might work; but that may increase my monthly payments too much.

Which is why I am annoyed the guy calls me just before he leaves work. I agreed to £750pm - I know its a lot. If the finance stays there I am fine. But if its a choice between £850 or an extra 4K then I can’t afford either.

The only option would ask them to keep the car a few months while I save. It’s not ideal or what I want but its the only way I could save extra for my deposit. But of course I can’t speak to the ****** because he called me before he left (and he is off tomorrow).

Also the problem isn’t the price of my car. That’s worth more now than I expected. It’s the higher settlement figure for its finance.

I meant I can’t afford a higher deposit. Maybe more finance might work; but that may increase my monthly payments too much.

Which is why I am annoyed the guy calls me just before he leaves work. I agreed to £750pm - I know its a lot. If the finance stays there I am fine. But if its a choice between £850 or an extra 4K then I can’t afford either.

The only option would ask them to keep the car a few months while I save. It’s not ideal or what I want but its the only way I could save extra for my deposit. But of course I can’t speak to the ****** because he called me before he left (and he is off tomorrow).

Also the problem isn’t the price of my car. That’s worth more now than I expected. It’s the higher settlement figure for its finance.

I'm not sure what deposit you have left the but there is the option to walk away from it.
If its 1K then so be it but thats only a fraction of what you will be paying so no big deal.
If you don't feel comfortable with the payments then walk away.
You won't enjoy the car if you're left feeling anxious about it.
I would let the deposit go and you can reorder somewhere else and this time with some discount.
It gives you some breathing space.

I'm not sure what deposit you have left the but there is the option to walk away from it.
If its 1K then so be it but thats only a fraction of what you will be paying so no big deal.
I would let the deposit go and you can reorder somewhere else and this time with some discount.

First I need to speak to them; I am assuming the worst that they want dramatically more money which may not be the case.

As I said I don’t appreciate that the finance guy calls me and then leaves me no time to find out more information.

I wouldn’t walk away. I would tell them to hold the car for 3 months - maybe that would make them negotiate. Assuming they don’t when I call them.

I had a few good offers on Tootle - but I don’t know what the dealer would even offer me right now as I have’t Spoken to them! Maybe in my best interest to sell it and re start finance.

Last edited:
Buying the car on the best part of £50k finance appears a bit mad to me - it is a depreciating asset and with finance costs on top of the depreciation it doesn't seem right to me.

Each to their own I know but I wouldn't do it.

I clearly have no idea of your personal financial situation, but looking at this thread I’d walk away and have a rethink . If you have such a fine line that saving for a couple of months will make the difference then how comfortable will you be when you own the vehicle . I’m all for live the moment etc but this seems a little tight . Never be afraid to walk away from anything and to start again. Hopefully you negotiate what you feel comfortable with best of luck ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t worked for 2 months. That’s why I’m tight on money. Once I’m back to work full time on Feb 1st I have no issue but I have to wait to be paid.

Tootle has given me one fantastic offer which would put my negative equity around £9k. I’m going to see what deal the dealer gives me without PX. And with a 5.5k deposit.

If it works I’ll get the finance resubmitted and assuming approved sell the S3 to that dealer. Hopefully I can time it so there is no down time between them.

I haven’t worked for 2 months. That’s why I’m tight on money. Once I’m back to work full time on Feb 1st I have no issue but I have to wait to be paid.

Tootle has given me one fantastic offer which would put my negative equity around £9k. I’m going to see what deal the dealer gives me without PX. And with a 5.5k deposit.

If it works I’ll get the finance resubmitted and assuming approved sell the S3 to that dealer. Hopefully I can time it so there is no down time between them.

Surely someone on here would be interested in taking your low mileage, fully specced car off you for a decent price that is better than a dealers derisory offer?

Anyone got an RS3 Saloon at £55,400 roughly with a £5.5K deposit so I can get an idea of the montlies on that please? Thanks.

Had a look as a TTRS - 5.5k 20k miles 48 months and came to around £750 so should be alright although I know how bad the finance calculator is at that side of it.

Last edited:

Not sure when you got your tootle offer but be aware that the price they offer will generally only be valid for about a week and then the market will move-especially on a newish car.
It just seems like you are exposing yourself to an awful lot of finance and negative equity in all this.
If you are determined to go ahead and have a really good offer from tootle then I would take it and then hold off on the one coming till March.
I would doubt they would allow you to delay any longer as it then goes into the next quarter come April.

But I need a car immediately for work. So I can’t wait. I need to make the change over within a day of each other so it’s one night without a car at most.

I’m at status 40 as I expected. I know better than some dealer. Lol.

I consider Toodle to be great news - it puts the money side back on my budget regardless of what the dealer offered me for PX. All I need to do is hope they new finance amount comes to what I can afford which I believe it will based on research and @AudiNutta figures.

Last edited:
What did you get offered on Tootle compared to the Audi P/X Value? I'm a bit annoyed that the S3 value has dropped so quickly.

Who gives a flying **** when the car is built, what day Hans adjusted the door handle, what time they filled the radiator. You pay, they deliver, you live happily ever after. The end
This is the saddest thing I’ve ever witnessed

Reactions: Tristan2 and teslaboy
What did you get offered on Tootle compared to the Audi P/X Value? I'm a bit annoyed that the S3 value has dropped so quickly.

Dealer offered me £26,500 - through Tootle best offer was £29,000.

I’ll be honest I am having issues with the dealer keeping to the original deal. I am hoping that tomorrow will bring me better news but as of right now I cannot recommend anyone uses Coulsdon Audi.

If they come back and fix the issue I will take that comment back. To literally have the car less than 7 days away and to be back stabbed on the finance now makes me angry and is terrible service.

Hi All,

First post here, I ordered a Nardo RS3 on 5th November, it arrived last Friday. I've asked the dealers to hold onto it until 1st March so I can take the 18 plate, didn't spec up too much as everything I wanted was already present really:

Nardo Grey
Titanium Matt effect alloys
Super Sports Seats with grey stitching
Matt Effect roof rails (for my bike rack)

Had a drive over to see it last week, she's a beauty!! Can't wait to take delivery.

Andy

Reactions: Callump01, Terminator x, D0C and 2 others
Dealer offered me £26,500 - through Tootle best offer was £29,000.

I’ll be honest I am having issues with the dealer keeping to the original deal. I am hoping that tomorrow will bring me better news but as of right now I cannot recommend anyone uses Coulsdon Audi.

If they come back and fix the issue I will take that comment back. To literally have the car less than 7 days away and to be back stabbed on the finance now makes me angry and is terrible service.

Tootle is sounding good then. What did the Audi website give you for a P/X value? I only get £24,550 for excellent condition on their website, my car is 10k miles. I checked my inbox for previous P/X values from their website, was £29,300 in May when I got it, had £28,250 in July and £27,300 in September. A bit annoyed its dropped £3k in 4 months, the trend was it dropping £1k every 2 months. As it is now I think I have negative equity whilst previously I was positive.

Hi All,

First post here, I ordered a Nardo RS3 on 5th November, it arrived last Friday. I've asked the dealers to hold onto it until 1st March so I can take the 18 plate.
Andy

Damn, I wouldn't have your patience to wait an extra month knowing it is there!
In the long run it is a worthy idea though.

So I am happy this evening, the dealer discounted the RS3 so the numbers are what I expected originally. So we are all good to go when it arrives; which could literally be any day in the next week.

Reactions: D0C
So I am happy this evening, the dealer discounted the RS3 so the numbers are what I expected originally. So we are all good to go when it arrives; which could literally be any day in the next week.

Thank god that episodes over :tearsofjoy::seenoevil:

...haha nice one mate! Big relief I bet!

Thank god that episodes over :tearsofjoy::seenoevil:
...haha nice one mate! Big relief I bet!

Yes definitely because it could arrive tomorrow for all I know and without a finance agreement couldn’t get it! Lol

Good luck with your early 67 delivery. The rest of us will have to wait. Pictures please

Good luck with your early 67 delivery. The rest of us will have to wait. Pictures please

I will of course put photos up - but maybe now is the most annoying part of the wait. When you know the car is in the country - and its just down to a transport car when they are going to collect it and deliver it!

Audi say up to 8 days to get a transport... I hope it will be sooner. I am going to look at @AudiNutta time line now :p

The finance was just signed and deposit paid; and I have a registration now 67 obviously. I am going to find a private plate with something like FU18 PL8
(although the irony there is thats an 18 plate itself!).

Just a question of waiting for the car to arrive.

I might add the dealer never checked my S3 for its condition... :) As with any car on the road there are some minor things on the exterior but everything is signed and paid now so its not my problem!

The finance was just signed and deposit paid; and I have a registration now 67 obviously. I am going to find a private plate with something like FU18 PL8
(although the irony there is thats an 18 plate itself!).

Just a question of waiting for the car to arrive.

I might add the dealer never checked my S3 for its condition... :) As with any car on the road there are some minor things on the exterior but everything is signed and paid now so its not my problem!

You cant have a reg plate that makes your car look newer than it is but I know youre joking. Ill be jealous of you for a few weeks as you enjoy your new car.