Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Sorry, but I need to ask that as the waiting is driving me nuts: if my build week was blocked a couple of weeks ago (according to Customer Service, not my dealer), is there any way that it gets moved forward? I have week 4 + 20 transport days to port + 7 more days to arrive to the dealer :cry:

Sorry, but I need to ask that as the waiting is driving me nuts: if my build week was blocked a couple of weeks ago (according to Customer Service, not my dealer), is there any way that it gets moved forward? I have week 4 + 20 transport days to port + 7 more days to arrive to the dealer :cry:

If your build week is confirmed - which means stage 20 - then that’s when it will be built. No way to move it forward.

I feel your frustration - I am build week 3 and I know that for the next 11 days nothing will happen. You just have to wait...

RS3's have got a little more expensive over the last few weeks due to Audi's price increase.

Based on the Saloon...

Price has increased by £425 from £45,250 to £45,675
Interest rate has risen from 6.0% to 6.2%
GFV rates have fallen to 3yr £25,408.70 (£26,261.80) and 4 yr £22,749.65 (£23,259.80)

So all 3 things working against a new order. Price has increase by £425, GFV has decreased by £853 and interest rate has increased by 0.2% so a £1278 difference straight away in the price. On the monthlies this would equate to an extra £40pm minimum (3yrs).

I guess that's on the back of Audi offering discounts, the GFV's drop and the monthlies increase as a result. Those that already have orders in and are awaiting delivery, I'm sure will be honoured at all the old prices/rates, ordering from now, then I guess it's a case of hard luck.

Last edited:
RS3's have got a little more expensive over the last few weeks due to Audi's price increase.

Based on the Saloon...

Price has increased by £425 from £45,250 to £45,675
Interest rate has risen from 6.0% to 6.2%
GFV rates have fallen to 3yr £25,408.70 (£26,261.80) and 4 yr £22,749.65 (£23,259.80)

So all 3 things working against a new order. Price has increase by £425, GFV has decreased by £853 and interest rate has increased by 0.2% so a £1278 difference straight away in the price. On the monthlies this would equate to an extra £40pm minimum.

You know who will comment now don't you........:sadlike:

Reactions: Leo-RS
If your build week is confirmed - which means stage 20 - then that’s when it will be built. No way to move it forward.

I feel your frustration - I am build week 3 and I know that for the next 11 days nothing will happen. You just have to wait...
Ouch, so still around 13 days for something to happen. Let's see if the transport and registration can skip me some days...

You know who will comment now don't you........:sadlike:

:highly amused::highly amused::highly amused:

To be fair, the increase in price happens yearly and its usual for the initial GFV's to drop as discounts increase. Interest rates, perhaps to align with the BOE base rate rise in November.

I'm sure Brexit will be mentioned though:shutup2:

Reactions: T-800
Mine came with 1/2 a tank. Gone in a blink. I hope the weather calms down bit too - I have a 220 mile round trip to Birmingham tomorrow evening (another tank and a bit I imagine). Mind you, the RS3 is king of the road in all of this sh1t.

A tank and a bit, what?! I have a 300 mile trip on Friday? I will do that with a 1/4 left.

If you sit at a steady 60, no unreasonable accelerations then I suppose its could be possible - I wouldn't know.

Reactions: Terminator x
Fuel consumption really depends on the car usage and your daily commute.

If you're doing 5 miles to work from a cold start and then 5 miles back from work from a cold start and then 5 miles nipping to the supermarket every day, fuel economy will be very poor. You're talking sub 20mpg without even spinning the turbo and revving past 3000rpm. Do this on a daily basis over and over again and your fuel tank will drain out in no time at all having not driven the car hard at all. Go for an enthusiastic drive and it gets even worse, 200 mile tank ranges are entirely believable without much effort.

On the flipside, 400 mile tank ranges are also believable. I get the impression from AudiNutta's fuel economy posts that he has much longer regular commutes, perhaps 100-150 miles a day, lives close to a motorway and puts his cruise control on as soon as he can. That would explain 350-400m tank ranges in this car. Considering this time of year, a 400 mile tank range in January is a 500 mile tank range in June. Fuel economy is generally a lot poorer in the winter than it is in the summer, roads are wet which increases rolling resistance and weather is cold which increases fuel burn. I'm not sure an RS3 however is the right choice of car as a cruise controlled motorway mile muncher. Far better and more logical choices out there for that usage.

For me, I do a mixture of both as I have a few cars that I use. My daily commute is near enough 80 miles each way, 90% of that on a motorway and if I use the RS3 on cruise control at 70 all the way and driving gently with very light throttle and boost, each trip will return around 30-32mpg at the moment. The tank will last 4 trips (So 2 full days) and i'll need to fill up again with a 50l £60 fill. (£30 of fuel a day in the RS3) . Over the course of a month, the RS3 is pointless for me taking it to work and back. The car is just too thirsty and too expensive to justify and I wouldn't want to rack up the miles, nor the wear and tear on an RS cars anyway. My other car literally costs me half the amount to drive to work, £15 a day and is much better suited sitting on the motorway on cruise at 70.

So 50 litres, £60 worth of Tesco Momentum will give me 320 mile range without really spinning up the turbo at all. If I drive the car 10 miles a day or so and from cold starts, £30 worth of Tesco Momentum is lasting about 100 miles so yes, £60 worth would give me 200 miles. And that's not even driving the car hard. I actually think the RS3 is quite poor on fuel if I'm being honest, step on the loud pedal on any of those journeys and those numbers just get smaller and smaller. It may just be the time of year and with a new car that is to blame for the poor fuel economy.

If you're managing 35-40mpg in the RS3 on a daily basis, you must be trying really really hard, as in fuel economy obsessed, very light throttle, very light braking, coasting up to junctions and traffic lights well in advance, knocking it into neutral going down hills, slip streaming lorries etc. If that's the case, you would have to question, what's the point in having an RS at all? They're been made to be enjoyed, not spend their lives on cruise control at 60mph.

Last edited:

If you're doing 5 miles to work from a cold start and then 5 miles back from work from a cold start and then 5 miles nipping to the supermarket every day, fuel economy will be very poor. You're talking sub 20mpg without even spinning the turbo and revving past 3000rpm. Do this on a daily basis over and over again and your fuel tank will drain out in no time at all having not driven the car hard at all. Go for an enthusiastic drive and it gets even worse, 200 mile tank ranges are entirely believable without much effort.

On the flipside, 400 mile tank ranges are also believable. I get the impression from AudiNutta's fuel economy posts that he has much longer regular commutes, perhaps 100-150 miles a day, lives close to a motorway and puts his cruise control on as soon as he can. That would explain 350-400m tank ranges in this car. Considering this time of year, a 400 mile tank range in January is a 500 mile tank range in June. Fuel economy is generally a lot poorer in the winter than it is in the summer, roads are wet which increases rolling resistance and weather is cold which increases fuel burn. I'm not sure an RS3 however is the right choice of car as a cruise controlled motorway mile muncher. Far better and more logical choices out there for that usage.

For me, I do a mixture of both as I have a few cars that I use. My daily commute is near enough 80 miles each way, 90% of that on a motorway and if I use the RS3 on cruise control at 70 all the way and driving gently with very light throttle and boost, each trip will return around 30-32mpg at the moment. The tank will last 4 trips (So 2 full days) and i'll need to fill up again with a 50l £60 fill. (£30 of fuel a day in the RS3) . Over the course of a month, the RS3 is pointless for me taking it to work and back. The car is just too thirsty and too expensive to justify and I wouldn't want to rack up the miles, nor the wear and tear on an RS cars anyway. My other car literally costs me half the amount to drive to work, £15 a day and is much better suited sitting on the motorway on cruise at 70.

So 50 litres, £60 worth of Tesco Momentum will give me 320 mile range without really spinning up the turbo at all. If I drive the car 10 miles a day or so and from cold starts, £30 worth of Tesco Momentum is lasting about 100 miles so yes, £60 worth would give me 200 miles. And that's not even driving the car hard. I actually think the RS3 is quite poor on fuel if I'm being honest, step on the loud pedal on any of those journeys and those numbers just get smaller and smaller. It may just be the time of year and with a new car that is to blame for the poor fuel economy.

If you're managing 35-40mpg in the RS3 on a daily basis, you must be trying really really hard, as in fuel economy obsessed, very light throttle, very light braking, coasting up to junctions and traffic lights well in advance, knocking it into neutral going down hills, slip streaming lorries etc. If that's the case, you would have to question, what's the point in having an RS at all? They're been made to be enjoyed, not spend their lives on cruise control at 60mph.

Wow that's a lot of info.

Pretty much agree with all of it.

Wow that's a lot of info.

Pretty much agree with all of it.

But I agree with all of it.......

If I where concerned about getting max miles out of a tank I’d have bought something more frugal or an electric thingy.

hence why I get such crappy mileage. I prefer to listen to the sound than watch the fuel gauge :hearteyes:

Reactions: neg and T-800
hence why I get such crappy mileage. I prefer to listen to the sound than watch the fuel gauge :hearteyes:

Yep I'm same, what a lovely noise.

I guess having the window down doesn't help fuel economy !

Reactions: billymc92 and T-800

Most of my trips are what you described firstly, cold starts with a few miles racked up. My work is half a mile away from my house. I normally use a pushbike but I’ve been using the car for a couple of months since I had the new car, just to get some use out of it and enjoy it after such a long wait. I don’t ever drive the car from work straight to the garage. I do a pointless ‘loop’, to warm the engine up and then to home. Both to look after the car and enjoyment. Once all the rubbish weather passes, I will be back on the bike and saving some fuel. I’ve been to the Petrol station 7 times in nearly 4 weeks, 6 of which were full tanks!!!! Yes I’ve had one long trip in that but otherwise loads of around and about, visiting for Christmas etc.

On my last tank I spent an hour getting the Mrs’ car the 3 mile trip home after the alternator stuffed up (lots of charging her battery and in the end towing), a bit of a kicking to and from Euro Car Parts in a rush for a new alternator, just been on the dyno today and it averaged 17MPG for that tank. My average over 3100 miles is 24.1.

I’ve only ever seen the high figures on long trips, like when I went up to the company that applied the PPF last week to tidy up some rough patches which was a 300 mile round trip, seeing a comfortable 400 mile estimated range.

Just did some reluctant maths.... I filled up on 22nd December, since then I’ve travelled 1,187 miles and the total cost for Shell V Power (between 128.9 and 130.9 a litre), cost me £236.35. I was expecting it to be worse, I feel like I’ve lived there.. I am fed up of it, haha. But the car isn’t doing much worse than the S3, 2/3mpg at most.

So dyno figures; the car had 900 miles on it at the beginning of December and the dyno came up with 395.9hp and 570.9Nm.

With 3,150 miles on the clock today it returned 411.3hp and 611Nm.

Standard figures quote; 395hp and 480Nm torque.

Why does my car appear to have 130 more Nm torque?

Reactions: Tristan2
Glad your enjoying the car audinutta but you seem too obsessed on fuel consumption and even going to the point of working out how much you spent on fuel tank range etc etc etc. I bet you have a white board at home with formulas on it that would get Carol vorderman excited mate:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: FBF01
Glad your enjoying the car audinutta but you seem too obsessed on fuel consumption and even going to the point of working out how much you spent on fuel tank range etc etc etc. I bet you have a white board at home with formulas on it that would get Carol vorderman excited mate:tearsofjoy:

I’ve got an App, it’s too easy to do haha.

It’s called Road Trip, everytime you fill just put the mileage in and the litres filled and it works it all out for you.

Reactions: Jonny B
Thanks but no thanks mate:sunglasses:

Reactions: AudiNutta and billymc92

The funny thing you say about fuel, I know a chap (a customer of mine) who must be in his late 60's now, he has little note books that he has kept a record of every bit of fuel he has ever bought, sad but in a funny sort of way.

Reactions: Evotion and DW81
Blimey, I have NEVER EVER filled up the tank even to half-way.

You realise that extra half a tank costs you 0.1 seconds on the 0-60 time?

Blimey, I have NEVER EVER filled up the tank even to half-way.

You realise that extra half a tank costs you 0.1 seconds on the 0-60 time?

I will the tank every week, normal practice and I don’t notice a huge difference.

I’m currently at status 36.

Thanks to @Phil3 so 36 means at port of exit - not released. i.e, not ready to be shipped yet. I would expect it to update very quickly to 38 - ready to be shipped - but typically the JSON doesn’t show status 38 until its on the boat and already at 39. I don’t know why I am seeing 36 myself as Ive never seen that.

Last edited:
I really regret checking my JSON now!

Massakhar Highway just left Emden bound for Sheerness and my excited little boy inside is hoping that my car is already on it - but I won’t know until after midnight tonight when the status updates IF it is on the ship.

Thames Highway left for Sheerness around 3pm today as well. That is very rare two vehicle boats from Emden the same day.

I’m not sure when the next ship is to Sheerness after from Emden - maybe a while.

My car is now at paint shop (is it status 22?), it is getting closer!!

Your car hasn’t started being built yet. This is the automatically updating tease you tracker stage. It will be built on Monday. And at midnight on Monday the tracker will tell you your in QC - even though your not. But the good news is that by Wednesday or Thursday next week the car will be finished and have left the factory.

Your car hasn’t started being built yet. This is the automatically updating tease you tracker stage. It will be built on Monday. And at midnight on Monday the tracker will tell you your in QC - even though your not. But the good news is that by Wednesday or Thursday next week the car will be finished and have left the factory.
I am not checking the tracker as I am not in the UK. Just called Customer Service to get an update. Does this make any difference?

I am not checking the tracker as I am not in the UK. Just called Customer Service to get an update. Does this make any difference?

No - its not a real status. I’m surprised they even told you that. You know you can use the online chat on the audi site under contact us. Status 22,23,24 are fake status you get on Thursday, Friday and Monday at midnight. Like clockwork it will auto update. Stage 30 - left factory is the first real time status update.

No - its not a real status. I’m surprised they even told you that. You know you can use the online chat on the audi site under contact us. Status 22,23,24 are fake status you get on Thursday, Friday and Monday at midnight. Like clockwork it will auto update. Stage 30 - left factory is the first real time status update.
Oh, I meant that my order was not placed in the UK but in Spain. Sorry for that. Anyway, you may be right. Thanks!

Oh, I meant that my order was not placed in the UK but in Spain. Sorry for that. Anyway, you may be right. Thanks!

It doesn’t matter where you ordered it the factory tracker system is the same. It’s okay to be excited but I am just telling you the car isn’t built yet.

I’m excited my car might be on a boat to the UK - as it was at the port yesterday. But it may not be on a boat and then I will be sad :(

I guess this proves the tracker is false as this is saying mine has left the factory before it was even built. Build date week was 22/01, this monday just gone.

"orderNumber":"27578xxx","orderStatus":"30","deliveryDealerCode":"00544","orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-01-20T01:05:12+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-01-22T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-01-20T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-01-19T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-01-18T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-12-09T01:04:12+0000"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-10-31T01:04:12+0000"},{"orderStatus":"00","statusDate":"2017-10-18T01:14:18+0100"}],"vehicleData":

Just a general question regarding the build process: for the Sedan, where does every process take place? Do the processes 20, 21, 23 and 24 all take place in Györ? And, for a car that will be sent to Spain, how is it transported (ship, train, etc.)? I know that for the UK, it is sent by train to Emden and then by Ship to the UK but I do not know how they do it for other countries...

Just a general question regarding the build process: for the Sedan, where does every process take place? Do the processes 20, 21, 23 and 24 all take place in Györ? And, for a car that will be sent to Spain, how is it transported (ship, train, etc.)? I know that for the UK, it is sent by train to Emden and then by Ship to the UK but I do not know how they do it for other countries...

I would suggest do a Google search for any VW group cars made in Germany going to Spain. There will be tons of threads of Spanish people saying what happened to their car, I am not sure there are that many Spanish people on here (as its an English language forum) so Google is your friend.

In answer to 20 to 24 -yes all are in Gyor in Hungary. But the fact is as I said before 21-24 are automated. Your car WILL be built from Monday. When it next updates to 30 that is when the update becomes real time (well they are real time in the sense that if your car leaves the factory at midday then at midnight the tracker will show it - so technically the tracker is actually behind the real time line but only by a few hours typically).

I would suggest do a Google search for any VW group cars made in Germany going to Spain. There will be tons of threads of Spanish people saying what happened to their car, I am not sure there are that many Spanish people on here (as its an English language forum) so Google is your friend.

In answer to 20 to 24 -yes all are in Gyor in Hungary. But the fact is as I said before 21-24 are automated. Your car WILL be built from Monday. When it next updates to 30 that is when the update becomes real time (well they are real time in the sense that if your car leaves the factory at midday then at midnight the tracker will show it - so technically the tracker is actually behind the real time line but only by a few hours typically).
I made lots of Google searches about that, but I couldn’t find the answer. That’s why I tried here.

Regarding the status of the car, they called me to let me know that it finished being built yesterday and now it is waiting for transport (didn’t specify what type). On monday they will update me again with the latest news about it.

Thanks for your help!

I made lots of Google searches about that, but I couldn’t find the answer. That’s why I tried here.

Regarding the status of the car, they called me to let me know that it finished being built yesterday and now it is waiting for transport (didn’t specify what type). On monday they will update me again with the latest news about it.

Thanks for your help!

LOL its not finished its build, it starts on Monday. They must have idiots in Spain who read the online tracker. Monday it is built. Between Wednesday and Thursday it will leave the factory.