Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

If you ever wanted to see how a Nardo Grey Golf R facelift with Akrapovic exhaust looks and sounds like:

That's one nice car! I wish Audi would beef their seats up a bit. I'm worried I will get in the RS and it won't feel special. I sat in a Clubsport and it felt like I was sat in a LaFerrari to me, bucket seats hugging you.. all alcantara! That car made me smile like the S3 never has, such a special feeling car.. less power doesn't matter, I loved it!

That's one nice car! I wish Audi would beef their seats up a bit. I'm worried I will get in the RS and it won't feel special. I sat in a Clubsport and it felt like I was sat in a LaFerrari to me, bucket seats hugging you.. all alcantara! That car made me smile like the S3 never has, such a special feeling car.. less power doesn't matter, I loved it!

That's one of my regrets since buying my S3. It was always a choice between the S3 and GTI Clubsport for me but I never ended up actually looking and test driving the GTI Clubsport. Bought the S3 straight after test driving it.

That's one of my regrets since buying my S3. It was always a choice between the S3 and GTI Clubsport for me but I never ended up actually looking and test driving the GTI Clubsport. Bought the S3 straight after test driving it.

I drove the Clubsport when I had the second lot of problems with the S3, I could have bought it there and then. It totally messed me up, I was so confused and doubting all that I knew! :tearsofjoy: My girlfriend was sat there looking at me in disbelief, she said to the salesman "what have you done to him".

I don't know whether it was because of the S3 issues leaving me sour, but I loved it! I sat in it with a huge grin in the buckets and the salesperson offered me a drive because they saw how much it made me smile.. it was ear to ear the whole time. Stunning car, I could have changed there and then but the commitment would have been for 4 years and there would have been no RS3. Its the first car I've driven when a 'downgrade' didn't matter, talking of power now. The car felt adequately powerful and like a race car to me. I recommend to anyone that you drive a Clubsport given the chance, genuinely a really special feeling car.

The thing is with the S3, it's toned down in its own way. I've sat in more than a fair few luxury Audi's now, getting in a basic SE car feels like poverty! The Audi's are solid and the S3 is a really clean looking car on the inside, there is much more going on inside the Golf feature wise. I do worry that the RS won't feel as special, if I sit in it and feel the same as I did in the Clubsport it will be a match made in heaven... but I can't see it happening. The RS will be my third 8V, lowest spec I've owned is S Line and I'm familiar with the touch and feel.. I can't see it feeling any different than the A3 and S3 does.

The S3 and RS3 are world's apart. My wife has a S3.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Well mine is a daily but still look at it as I walk away.

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Well mine is a daily but still look at it as I walk away.

TX.

I work 4 on 4 off, so mine won't be used too often. Well, not saying it won't go out when I am in work but I work 12 hour shifts so will be rare. Also will stay in the garage for most of any bad weather, won't not use it if I have to get somewhere but I won't be using it for pointless journeys in poor conditions. I am insured on the girlfriends Corsa anyway. Hopefully it will stay clean, last winter ruined the underside on the S3 haha.

One of biggest concerns is will it replace the Golf R and be a change I don't regret. I would take the R over an S3 personally.

I really do hope the RS puts the same if not better smile on my face.

As for the Performance exhaust available on the new facelift - it's over 2k. Just put a downpipe and res delete on for better sound and you could release more power too.

If VW released the R400 I probably wouldn't be in this situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If VW released the R400 I probably wouldn't be in this situation

With the Merc AMG A45 & the Focus RS I wonder if VAG didn't want to have an in house (so to speak) fight going on in these power war times between the hot hatchback markets and so the R400 got canned...........

And what happens after that? Road test etc?

No, it sits in a car park waiting for a train to take it to port.

From start to finish you are about a month once the car goes into build, any sooner a bonus but pencil in a month wait time.

Week in factory being built
Week waiting on the train to take it to port
Week waiting on boat in port
Couple of days on boat
Couple of days in port at this side
Couple of days transport to dealer
Couple of days prep
Pickup

That's how I've normally found the sequence of events.

Kinda had a unpleasant surprise after coming back from my vacation, found out that my detailer told some carspotter he had the netherlands first RS3 in his shop, so the guy toke some photos of the car without asking me for any permission and I didn't even see the damn thing yet after his treatment... Some pictures below, not the best pictures even....

bvO1dVX.jpg

lJFjr1Z.jpg

I'm not really mad at the carspotter, I would have done the same, but that the dealer didn't inform me of any goddamn thing is just disturbing.

Collecting it in 3 days

Reactions: LuckyLee
No, it sits in a car park waiting for a train to take it to port.

From start to finish you are about a month once the car goes into build, any sooner a bonus but pencil in a month wait time.

Week in factory being built
Week waiting on the train to take it to port
Week waiting on boat in port
Couple of days on boat
Couple of days in port at this side
Couple of days transport to dealer
Couple of days prep
Pickup

That's how I've normally found the sequence of events.
They do get a "road test" as all RS3's turn up with close to 50 miles on the clock.

TX.

Reactions: Radman
They do get a "road test" as all RS3's turn up with close to 50 miles on the clock.

TX.

Yeah, that's the work experience lad at the dealership taking it for 'a spin'. ;)

Let me guess the interior colour choice...............

That's a bit too much black for me.
I've gone for a Mythos black Sportback but no black or Alu pack, so only a little Alu on the front end and window edging - should set it off nicely with the titanium rotors.
Expected build date is still 21st Aug !!

Full black RS3 Saloon

Photoshopped and filtered. They've completely blacked out the front window too. Looks like the original car was blue in the window.

It's difficult sometimes to get a true reflection of any image these days as everyone goes insta mad with stupid filters. Every girl on facebook has a set of dog ears *** and even the mutants that live amongst us look presentable with these types of filters. See them in real life up close and it's like :wtf:

Bit like some car pictures with overenhanced false colours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djs3saloon
Photoshopped and filtered. They've completely blacked out the front window too. Looks like the original car was blue in the window.

It's difficult sometimes to get a true reflection of any image these days as everyone goes insta mad with stupid filters. Every girl on facebook has a set of dog ears *** and even the mutants that live amongst us look presentable with these types of filters. See them in real life up close and it's like :wtf:

Bit like some car pictures with overenhanced false colours.

Well spotted !!!

Oh yeah I actually remember the picture they photoshopped.

Well here's a real one, at least I think it is.

They both sound good to me.

Same, both sound good just a different tone. Audi should have kept that big pop/bang while driving though.

That photo also shows it being much lower and with a wider stance than it is. Although I think that's actually how Audi should have made it.

Quick Q - anyone know if there is a benefit of putting 255/30 tyres all round - so the same size as the option front setup?

This is on a set of 8.5J wheels - not the standard wheels. Just thinking as I am planning on putting on a different set of wheels (8.5J) which currently have 235/35 tyres on - now I could go to 255/30 on the fronts but I could also put 255 all round.

Anyone done this?

Quick Q - anyone know if there is a benefit of putting 255/30 tyres all round - so the same size as the option front setup?

This is on a set of 8.5J wheels - not the standard wheels. Just thinking as I am planning on putting on a different set of wheels (8.5J) which currently have 235/35 tyres on - now I could go to 255/30 on the fronts but I could also put 255 all round.

Anyone done this?

Lots have asked because I'm not sure if it fits in the rear arch, the wider wheel that is.

Just a quick question say I ordered a RS3 Saloon on Monday what's the expected build timescale?
I'd prob add everything except the ceramic brakes.
I'm not wanting the car till mid next year really but if it's a 6-9 month build I'd prob better order one sooner rather than later.

I guess it depends on where you buy it from and what country your in. I was told 4-5 months which is the same time scale as an S3.

Normally a limited run so get in while you can imho.

TX.

Just a quick question say I ordered a RS3 Saloon on Monday what's the expected build timescale?
I'd prob add everything except the ceramic brakes.
I'm not wanting the car till mid next year really but if it's a 6-9 month build I'd prob better order one sooner rather than later.
You will be lucky to find one. Alot if dealers I've asked have run out with no indication indication of when or if a new run will happen. Your best bet might be an audi ex press demo

You will be lucky to find one. Alot if dealers I've asked have run out with no indication indication of when or if a new run will happen. Your best bet might be an audi ex press demo
Are you saying that Audi will already be unable to take an order from you for a new RS3?

Serious? In the UK?

There has to be more orders, my dealership only had 4 allocated.

I think it obviously depends on the dealer - maybe yours will have allocation. Or maybe you join the queue an you get it end of the year/early next.

Obviously go ask the dealers near you.

I just wondered where people are up to with their orders? Anyone's built or about to be built or even shipped?
I wonder when the first customers cars arrive in the uk and who collects first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk