Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Thats what I expect, new model in the UK so pretty hard - yes there will be some with contacts and the like but generally its got to be pretty hard. Some mention above of £3k and £4k discounts I thought was impossible.

Nobody wants to order a new car to find they missed out on a few grand, a few hundred quid is easy to take - I suppose those who want the first on the UK roads will always pay a premium.

£3k & £4k would be impossible IMO, I had a 12% £4k discount on my S3 and it was only because it was a showroom car and no other reason apparently. My mate ordered a factory S3, he only had 2/3% discount from the same dealer.

I would imagine in 6 months time you could get a discount but you'd have to work for it and remember the waiting lists for these cars last year was upwards of 7/8 months on top of your 6 month wait for a saving.. I'd rather have it now thanks.. haha!

Hmmm wonder what's happening with these build dates, mine has not changed since I first started tracking the order about 4 weeks ago, build date still 21 August.

Hmmm wonder what's happening with these build dates, mine has not changed since I first started tracking the order about 4 weeks ago, build date still 21 August.

Yours won't get any earlier, yours will be one of the first in the UK.

Typically 2 weeks before the build week your order becomes confirmed meaning it won't move and you can't adjust your order. Mine is still showing as the 31st August and has now been confirmed, no more info on the tracker but you can confirm with Audi Live Chat the specific status. All being well I should get mine early to mid September - knowing Audi build dates I was expecting to wait a lot longer.

Ok thank you. When you say your order has now been confirmed exactly where does that show?. On my order tracker it shows order date and that my car will begin construction on 21 August, so effectively stage 2 "order received" is this the same.

Re discounts when I ordered mine (Summer 2015) there were none although I got £1k off as it was a cancelled order although still in the system so I had time to alter the spec. Perhaps there is some discount now as the car is quite a bit more £'s than last time?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Ok thank you. When you say your order has now been confirmed exactly where does that show?. On my order tracker it shows order date and that my car will begin construction on 21 August, so effectively stage 2 "order received" is this the same.

Yes mine shows the same, but you can get more detail from Audi Live chat (under contact us on the audi Uk website), at the moment I would assume that your's is unconfirmed meaning it may move. Once it gets two weeks before the date that is showing on your audi tracking it becomes confirmed, nothing changes on the tracker but behind the scenes the status changes. The trackers sometimes don't keep up to date, so I always check with audi direct. Hope that helps

Reactions: AudiNutta
I'm definitely going to test drive the new RS3, just to compare. Been invited by the dealer to, for his obvious reasons but I won't be swapping. I've done too much to mine aesthetically PPF and Ceramic coating, 4400 miles in 16 months and is immaculate. I'm a keeper.

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Ozmosis and AudiNutta
I'm not sure they'd want mine back ... 30k in 21 months!

TX.

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Ozmosis and Radman
Always the plan with mine, I work away half the year and I'm hoping that a 4-5 yr old RS with about 16-17k will interest folk IF I decide to change. A big if to be fair, I don't know where I'd go next, not paying any more to move to a 4 so will see in time.

TX.

Reactions: Ozmosis and Terminator x
I've been offered £31k for mine today with 40k miles on it..owe £32200 also gave 4% discount..is that good!!!

Reactions: Terminator x

TX.

I'm sure they would have yours back but they'd like offer you an insultingly low price!

Reactions: Ozmosis and Terminator x
I've been offered £31k for mine today with 40k miles on it..owe £32200 also gave 4% discount..is that good!!!
What age, colour and spec is it?

Appreciate some folk are struggling to get their car discounted, not sure why the doubt though.

Only reason I said I had to work it out was because the order form shows the RFL as £800 not £1200 and it's missing the £500 active side and lane assist as a cost item.
So the order form shows a lower retail cost and therefore only a £2204 saving.
Add the £900 for missed items and the £295 reduction in GAP and that's a £3399 saving.

I'd already agreed a final price based on the discounted online price, I've rang my dealer and will get a revised order form with the right build cost.

Perhaps they're a harder sell in this part of the country, who knows.
Audi Bolton, if you want to try your luck I can give you the sales guy's name ;-)

Having company cars serviced with them for 12 years with a "do whatever you want" attitude to cost may have bought me some good grace

Attachments

• rcpts.jpg
    rcpts.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: neg
Dec 15...black...dynamic pack...black pack

Dec 15...black...dynamic pack...black pack
I don't think that's too bad from a dealer. I'm sure someone off here would offer you more privately.

A good video review on the new RS3 and how it compares to the PFL RS3 and TTRS, he goes into depth about the different exhaust tone from the PFL (Punchier and sounds nicer at lower rpm and has a better overall tone, although there are less bangs on high rpm downshifts) its overtaking performance especially at higher speeds, the handling and feel and how neutral it is compared to the PFL, less nose heavy, the better quicker transmission. He says the engine feels a lot more powerful than the 33hp upgrade suggests

The contrast of the black pack on the Catalunya red is superb, looks really good.

Reactions: Splathead, akeithj and tomwrigleyperformance
Great review and interesting too. More or less every review I've read says how audi have perfected the car especially the lighter front end. I can't wait to get mine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find Leo a very interesting and balanced review.

A good video review on the new RS3 and how it compares to the PFL RS3 and TTRS, he goes into depth about the different exhaust tone from the PFL (Punchier and sounds nicer at lower rpm and has a better overall tone, although there are less bangs on high rpm downshifts) its overtaking performance especially at higher speeds, the handling and feel and how neutral it is compared to the PFL, less nose heavy, the better quicker transmission. He says the engine feels a lot more powerful than the 33hp upgrade suggests

The contrast of the black pack on the Catalunya red is superb, looks really good.

Excited to watch that, but am stood outside the hotel waiting for the coach to take us to Malaga airport and back home :( Maybe it's something to take the edge off in the airport :p

The bangs are a big loss, they were hilarious!

Sounds like a definite improvement over the PFL. Real shame IMO about the downshifts. Can't believe it sounds better than the PFL either...it's pretty epic. As he says, "it's not better and it's not worse".

I would have one, no question. But not for the £52k it would cost me. That's a significant hike over mine.

It isn't 33hp more though as PFL was 390-400 always on the rollers. Perhaps the torque is the "thing" .

TX.

It isn't 33hp more though as PFL was 390-400 always on the rollers. Perhaps the torque is the "thing" .

TX.

I would be amazed if there is any 'noticeable' difference between the PFL and FL to be honest.
A weight saving of 30kg on the front end is hardly gonna suddenly transform the handling lol :)
And none of us know for sure if the new quoted 400 bhp is up on the 'unofficial actual' bhp figures of the PFL or not either.
Either way, the face lift will be a stunning car - as the PFL is - but I do not have a desire eating away at me to go and get one.
The improvements are welcome and do move the car on and keep it fresh, but not enough to warrant changing from a PFL IMO.
I'm quite happy to have got mine for what is now an excellent price and still thoroughly enjoy every drive 16 months on :bluecar::dashsymbol::dashsymbol::boom::boom::speakerthree::speakerthree::sunglasses:
Good luck to those of you getting an FL you will all love it :yes:

No idea at this stage other than it's a lighter engine with a bigger turbo, the turbo may spool quicker and harder and thus provide more torque throughout the range giving that feel of being livelier and quicker. From reading the tuning updates on the TTRS, it looks like they are going to easily tune to 500 the same way the PFL tunes to 430-440. He does mention that some magazines have dyno'd the new cars and they are bang on the money but then as we all know dyno's are a lottery, what's accurate, what's not etc

I wouldn't have thought it was worth PFL owners upgrading to a facelift model though unless they wanted to change from hatch to saloon. If I had a PFL RS3 hatch, I couldn't see me upgrading for a facelift hatch, the cost is just not worth it for a few tweaks here and there. If I wanted the saloon though, I'd probably seriously think about it. 30kg up front should make a difference to the driving characteristics and handling though, I guess you would need to drive both back to back on the same track to test.

Reactions: D0C
No idea at this stage other than it's a lighter engine with a bigger turbo, the turbo may spool quicker and harder and thus provide more torque throughout the range giving that feel of being livelier and quicker. From reading the tuning updates on the TTRS, it looks like they are going to easily tune to 500 the same way the PFL tunes to 430-440. He does mention that some magazines have dyno'd the new cars and they are bang on the money but then as we all know dyno's are a lottery, what's accurate, what's not etc

I wouldn't have thought it was worth PFL owners upgrading to a facelift model though unless they wanted to change from hatch to saloon. If I had a PFL RS3 hatch, I couldn't see me upgrading for a facelift hatch, the cost is just not worth it for a few tweaks here and there. If I wanted the saloon though, I'd probably seriously think about it. 30kg up front should make a difference to the driving characteristics and handling though, I guess you would need to drive both back to back on the same track to test.

Yeah 30kg is making a difference as the reviews show saying it turns in a lot better and if the previous one was near 400 (unofficial) then the new one will be even more!!!

What build weeks have people got? It seem like they are coming forward!

Yeah 30kg is making a difference as the reviews show saying it turns in a lot better and if the previous one was near 400 (unofficial) then the new one will be even more!!!

@terminator x do you want to comment on this?! ;)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I'm really trying to keep out of it as we have "history" ;)

TX.

Reactions: Djs3saloon and Snake Pliskin
Hello all

I have agreed a purchase on the phone with the dealership and will attend them one day next week to sign on the doted line :smile new:

This is the spec I've chosen:

RS3 Sportback Performance - so thats the following four options already included:

RS Sport suspension with Audi Magnetic ride
RS Sport exhaust system
Top speed restriction increase to 174mph
Ceramic brakes

Then added:

Daytona grey, pearl effect
Comfort and Sound Pack
Deletion of model and technology badges at rear
Door mirrors (folding with auto-dimming function)
Extended Interior Upholstery Pack
Front Super Sport seats with RS embossed logo
Matrix LED headlights with LED rear lights and dynamic front and rear indicators
Matt Aluminium roof rails
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass
Tyre pressure monitoring system

Quoted Oct, possible Nov for delivery.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Er wow easier to confirm what options not ticked ;)

TX

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Hello all

I have agreed a purchase on the phone with the dealership and will attend them one day next week to sign on the doted line :smile new:

This is the spec I've chosen:

RS3 Sportback Performance - so thats the following four options already included:

RS Sport suspension with Audi Magnetic ride
RS Sport exhaust system
Top speed restriction increase to 174mph
Ceramic brakes

Then added:

Daytona grey, pearl effect
Comfort and Sound Pack
Deletion of model and technology badges at rear
Door mirrors (folding with auto-dimming function)
Extended Interior Upholstery Pack
Front Super Sport seats with RS embossed logo
Matrix LED headlights with LED rear lights and dynamic front and rear indicators
Matt Aluminium roof rails
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass
Tyre pressure monitoring system

Quoted Oct, possible Nov for delivery.

Very nice :yes:

RS3 Performance though? Is that just a pre configured Audi term for a few options selected on the configurator? In essence they would cost you the exact same as if you specced them up individually.

Careful with the terminology, The RS6/7 Performance cars are like the Audi + models, they command a premium over the standard car and they have an increase in HP from 560-605. No such joy on the RS3.

Very nice :yes:

RS3 Performance though? Is that just a pre configured Audi term for a few options selected on the configurator? In essence they would cost you the exact same as if you specced them up individually.

Careful with the terminology, The RS6/7 Performance cars are like the Audi + models, they command a premium over the standard car and they have an increase in HP from 560-605. No such joy on the RS3.

It is a pre configured option on the "Build your Audi" website, there was two options "Design" and "Performance", foolishly I thought initially that Audi were offering a better price for these pre-config versions, but as you state, they ain't..........

I will be getting into this from an RS Q3 Performance.

I just added a few bits to mine.
Tyre monitor
Mag ride

Out of interest how do you know when the car arrives if it has the mag ride? Is there something on the settings or do you just hope that when you change the drive select it goes softer?

I hope my build date stays the same!

It does look great, still not sure on it though. I'm sticking to Floret with Black pack.