Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

I'm personally not putting the new FL car down. It has more power, should have better handling and slighter newer tech (virtual dash etc). I still haven't made my mind up over the new face. I can't justify the extra cost over my low mileage 16 plate, however. And boy, does it sound good. Not chavvy @Leo-RS but a lovely, gruff sound at low revs with that 5cyl shriek at high revs.

I'm just hoping the next version of the RS3 still has a 5cyl engine. If so, I'll be getting one.

Reactions: Tom_L, Radman, Terminator x and 1 other person
Hey guys,

I'm based down under (Australia), just wondering those who ordered your Sportback, when are you guys getting your cars?

Hey guys,

I'm based down under (Australia), just wondering those who ordered your Sportback, when are you guys getting your cars?

Mine has been estimated January with exclusive (UK car), waiting on a confirmed build date.

Reactions: UV-RS3, Pinky1959 and Radman
Mine has been estimated January with exclusive (UK car), waiting on a confirmed build date.

I just got confirmation from my dealer and he stated Build wk 34 and estimated delivery for early Nov, it takes a while to get them to the Southern Hemisphere..

Reactions: AudiNutta
I just got confirmation from my dealer and he stated Build wk 34 and estimated delivery for early Nov, it takes a while to get them to the Southern Hemisphere..

Wow, there is a while and then there is that :lmfao:

Well, just taken the plunge and put a deposit down on an RS3 saloon :)

Ara blue
Pan roof
Folding mirrors
B&O
Mono.pur
Super sports seats
Privacy glass
Sports exhaust

Got a good deal too I think, my 26 month old S3 and £23000 change, financed with a personal loan at 2.4% APR :)

Happy days!

Reactions: UV-RS3 and AudiNutta
Can't believe I've not posted on here since 2012 when I had my S3! Had a TTRS in the meantime (soon up for sale) but ordered a new RS3 last weekend. Managed to get a small discount by trying a couple of local dealers.

How long did people wait for an order confirmation?

Mines was 2wks before the build date updated on the youraudi site.

If your dealer didn't give you a build date on ordering, you've probably went on a waiting list for a build slot the same way my order did.

I hope not. They told me they had allocation with delivery looking to be around mid-Oct before I put down the deposit.

I'm just waiting for an order number so I know for sure.

As soon as they put your order into the system it generates an order number. That order number can take upto a week to update on the youraudi website but your dealer will have the order number internally.

Due to my dealer selling out their initial allocation of RS3's , I had an order number but no build date confirmation. Even when it updated onto your Audi, my order was stuck at Stage 1 (order confirmed) It wasn't until around another week later (so 2wks after I placed the order) that it progressed to stage 2 (build date)

You will have an order number for sure, it's the confirmed build date you are waiting on. If the dealer has said mid October it more than likely will be.

When I ordered my dealer estimated mid November for my car (even tho I was on waiting list) Now turns out that my build date is 30th October so more than likely late Novemeber/early December pickup date. Close enough for me, no rush.

Thanks for the info. Got hold of the sales manager at the dealership and now got my order number. Even better than expected, he's swapped it with a stock car they already had on order so should be one of the first builds with delivery in September!
:yahoo:

Well, just taken the plunge and put a deposit down on an RS3 saloon :)

Ara blue
Pan roof
Folding mirrors
B&O
Mono.pur
Super sports seats
Privacy glass
Sports exhaust

Got a good deal too I think, my 26 month old S3 and £23000 change, financed with a personal loan at 2.4% APR :)

Happy days!
2.4%?! Are you a mortgage broker ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

2.4%?! Are you a mortgage broker ;)

Loans are dirt cheap at the minute, Sainsbury's are offering loans at 2.9%. My bank will beat any quote by 0.5%. Could have got it at 2.3% if I had gone back to Sainsburys with my banks offer!

Hang on, how are people getting order numbers from the dealers? I've asked for mine several times and they ignore my request and just say they will let me know when the build week is live..... really irritating!!

Oh heil the dutch prices, full packed RS3 limousine is 107k. Video for proof

Equivalent of £95k in the UK so about 50% more expensive or so. (Same car in UK would be around £63k or 72k Eur)

Expensive in the Netherlands then.

My expected build date has drifted out to week 48. Order date was 28th June.
My expectation with Christmas and all is to not see car until new year.
PCP on current car ends 20th November, so will need to extend that unless something 'dramatic' happens........

Can you get big discounts and cheap finance in the Netherlands to offset some of that higher cost? Nearly £100k for an RS3 is ludicrous. You're nearly at Porsche GT3 levels.

Another exhaust/walk around video. This time a Nardo Grey RS3 Saloon with black pack.

Can you get big discounts and cheap finance in the Netherlands to offset some of that higher cost? Nearly £100k for an RS3 is ludicrous. You're nearly at Porsche GT3 levels.

No not really, we just have idiotic taxes. A GT3 is around € 190k in the netherlands btw.

21% Government tax (Not a problem if you have a business)
Fuel consumption tax (varies from 20-100% of the car value, for the RS3 it's around 30k and yes, some car prices are literally doubled)

Then road taxes and consumption taxes each month, which are around 1800 EU a month for my RS6, this is just to drive the damn thing here.

It's like this for years, not much you can apart from moving haha

Reactions: D0C
If you guys think that that price is crazy, wait till you hit the land of Singapore, the RS3 would probably cost upwards of S$300k which is about £170000

Reactions: D0C
My car arrived some days ago at the dealer. Some pictures:
Eg0TvHs.jpg

ANGm1X5.jpg

Eedrd58.jpg

3gkRvct.jpg

Just gotta wait till mid august for the drivers plate. Again thanks to some idiotic dutch tax laws.... There might be chance I'll receive a RS-xxx-x license plate so that would be kinda cool
And no, we dutchies don't got the luxury in picking a custom license plate.

Reactions: keenu, dno_uk, AudiNutta and 3 others
My car arrived some days ago at the dealer. Some pictures:
Eg0TvHs.jpg

ANGm1X5.jpg

Eedrd58.jpg

3gkRvct.jpg

Just gotta wait till mid august for the drivers plate. Again thanks to some idiotic dutch tax laws.... There might be chance I'll receive a RS-xxx-x license plate so that would be kinda cool
And no, we dutchies don't got the luxury in picking a custom license plate.

Stunning! Really shows Ara blue off for what it is, I bet you can't wait! Videos of the exhaust noise when you get it please ;)

Looks like the US is getting them too. The first one has to be solar orange right? Catalunya Red can't be that orange.

Looks like the US is getting them too. The first one has to be solar orange right? Catalunya Red can't be that orange.

Pretty sure that is Catalunya, it can be extremely orange! When he focused his camera, that is Catalunya.

Looks like Catalunya red to my eyes, in admittedly very bright sunlight.

Stunning! Really shows Ara blue off for what it is, I bet you can't wait! Videos of the exhaust noise when you get it please ;)

Dynamic Mode and in neutral

Send through whatsapp, hence the **** quality

Still sounds good though tbf. You'll love it!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Silly question.
If you do not order the RS Design Pack, do you still get standard Carpet Mats (with or without the RS Logo)?
They are not mentioned in the brochure anywhere.

Silly question.
If you do not order the RS Design Pack, do you still get standard Carpet Mats (with or without the RS Logo)?
They are not mentioned in the brochure anywhere.

Yes just standard mats without the logo.

Great thanks, I hope they pop more on the run! Gutted they don't bang like the PFL.

It still sounds amazing, it's a bit heavier than the old one. But ye less pops!

Akrapovic is releasing a RS3 exhaust system next year, as part of the new 'performance part' audi is publishing. Even tho I'm not the biggest fan when it comes to sound from Akrapovic, I'm very excited to hear them! The looks are already known tho, it will have a 'brass' look... so no carbon fiber! But they might change their mind next year.

That sounds fine above. Not massively different to PFL.