Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

The configurator is live, albeit missing a few parts like Matrix Lights etc :/

It took them a few days to get the other one sorted.

Hopefully ordering next Friday.
Spoke to carwow today as well. They are expecting the RS3 to be on their system early next week.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Ordered new sportback last weekend.

Exclusive paint
Supersports seats with grey stitching
Comfort & Sound Pack
Sports Exhaust
Extended interior pack
Carbon Inlays
Gloss black Pack
Gloss black folding/dimming mirrors
Panoramic roof
Black Roof Rails
Privacy Glass

Reactions: SPIKE_ and AudiNutta
Ordered new sportback last weekend.

Exclusive paint
Supersports seats with grey stitching
Comfort & Sound Pack
Sports Exhaust
Extended interior pack
Carbon Inlays
Gloss black Pack
Gloss black folding/dimming mirrors
Panoramic roof
Black Roof Rails
Privacy Glass

What colour you gone with this time? I believe it was Dark Red Mica last time?

What happened to the old one @Coling ?

No mag ride? Not a fan?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

What happened to the old one @Coling ?

No mag ride? Not a fan?

TX.

Sold it a couple of months ago to fund a flat purchase.

Not for me, thump thump thump.
The sports exhaust on the other hand :)

Reactions: Terminator x
They are not committing to any dates, last time it was 8 months, I am hoping Christmas :)

Ah right, that's difficult then! Is that just until they get a build slot or do you not get one with an Exclusive car? :(

Ah right, that's difficult then! Is that just until they get a build slot or do you not get one with an Exclusive car? :(

Yes, because it's exclusive build slot is not yet confirmed.
Order form says March, I asked if they were just lowering my expectations.
Gives me more time to save.

Also reading chat about deposit, I didn't pay a penny last time until collection day, this time they want £2,400.00 to cover the exclusive paint, no mention of the rest of the option costs. That's from Audi Aberdeen.

Also reading chat about deposit, I didn't pay a penny last time until collection day, this time they want £2,400.00 to cover the exclusive paint, no mention of the rest of the option costs. That's from Audi Aberdeen.

Ah right okay, hopefully I will get one allocated before long so I can begin tracking and the countdown. The longer the better for me with saving, the same as you but I'd be ready for it in October onwards. More time I have to save, more likely I am to get PPF.

I've had it agreed for a £1000 non-refundable deposit if I drop out, so will have to be sure before I commit.

Reactions: UV-RS3
What are we thinking the lead time is for these?
Would like the saloon this time but don't like the alloys on it.
Prefer Fastback alloys.
50k though:fearscream:

What are we thinking the lead time is for these?
Would like the saloon this time but don't like the alloys on it.
Prefer Fastback alloys.
50k though:fearscream:

Supposedly customer cars will be here in October, all the build dates are backing this up.

Reactions: Muggles190

I've just had this from Worcester Audi, I am not ordering if they can't tell me when it will arrive!

"In terms of lead time, a factory order is likely to arrive with us around November time.

Having asked the question about exclusive paint, we haven’t been told if/when the RS3 will be available to quote/order with exclusive paint. Would you consider any of our existing colour options on the all new RS3?"

B****y great, back to square 1 again. :(

I've just had this from Worcester Audi, I am not ordering if they can't tell me when it will arrive!

"In terms of lead time, a factory order is likely to arrive with us around November time.

Having asked the question about exclusive paint, we haven’t been told if/when the RS3 will be available to quote/order with exclusive paint. Would you consider any of our existing colour options on the all new RS3?"

B****y great, back to square 1 again. :(
Ask to speak to Scott Virgo

What colour you going for?

WAS :( Wanted Mica Racing Blue, but they have told me that nobody knows if let alone when there will be Exclusive RS3's.

Think I'm going to end up going Daytona Grey. Wish they still had Sepang :(

WAS :( Wanted Mica Racing Blue, but they have told me that nobody knows if let alone when there will be Exclusive RS3's.

Think I'm going to end up going Daytona Grey. Wish they still had Sepang :(
Love Mica Blue, great colour..

You'll see dealers I am sure spec exclusive colours, so I don't see what the problem would be. It wasn't a problem on the PRE FL model. Strange.

Love Mica Blue, great colour..

You'll see dealers I am sure spec exclusive colours, so I don't see what the problem would be. It wasn't a problem on the PRE FL model. Strange.

Yep me too, oh well. Thing is this is a brand new car with no physical UK cars yet, I can understand why there are no Exclusive colours when they haven't got the standard ones out yet but they should be able to give some idea.

Apparently they haven't been told they can order them yet so can't even quote me. He is phoning the sales office on Monday to try and get further information. I was only traveling to Worcester Audi because they could do Exclusive for a £1000 deposit. If they can't get anything set in stone I will be using my usual Cardiff Audi and ordering Daytona I think.

Probably a bit off topic, but a couple of days ago Leo-RS pointed out that the optional wheels which come with the wider front tyres will push the car into a different VED tax band. The assumption is that these wider front tyres will improve handling, interesting then that the S3 saloon Audi UK have preconfigured as a performance spec complete with Mag ride, carbon brakes etc has the standard wheels.
I have also noticed that there is only 75 kg difference between a TT RS and an RS 3 saloon yet the official 0-60 times are 3.7 and 4.1, I would have thought when talking about 400 bhp 75 kg would be insignificant. I wonder if there are some other mechanical differences or if the different figures being quoted are just for marketing purposes?

Probably a bit off topic, but a couple of days ago Leo-RS pointed out that the optional wheels which come with the wider front tyres will push the car into a different VED tax band. The assumption is that these wider front tyres will improve handling, interesting then that the S3 saloon Audi UK have preconfigured as a performance spec complete with Mag ride, carbon brakes etc has the standard wheels.
I have also noticed that there is only 75 kg difference between a TT RS and an RS 3 saloon yet the official 0-60 times are 3.7 and 4.1, I would have thought when talking about 400 bhp 75 kg would be insignificant. I wonder if there are some other mechanical differences or if the different figures being quoted are just for marketing purposes?
Because it's probably more like 3.8s! But they can't have an RS3 saloon beating the latest RS5. On paper at least!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yes I suspect the RS3 figures are very conservative. They are 0-62 figures anyway so 0-60 will be 2/10 quicker at 3.9 (Audi America actually quote 0-60 3.9) but even then I'd fully expect the RS3 to be hitting 3.5 considering the TTRS is clocking 3.3. There isn't going to be that much difference.

Looking forward to giving it a try. One of the car magazines had a comparison between the S4 and C43 a few months ago and figured both cars, from memory the S4 was 0-60 in 4.4, so I would agree with Leo that a sub 4 second is possible, not something you are going to do everyday but nice to have. It seems a strange marketing ploy of Audi to constantly report conservative performance figures for their RS models.

Looking forward to giving it a try. One of the car magazines had a comparison between the S4 and C43 a few months ago and figured both cars, from memory the S4 was 0-60 in 4.4, so I would agree with Leo that a sub 4 second is possible, not something you are going to do everyday but nice to have. It seems a strange marketing ploy of Audi to constantly report conservative performance figures for their RS models.

Except that you will do sub 4s everyday. Launch control is very consistent.

Idle Sunday afternoon. Using my very limited photoshop skills, this is the look that I will be going for.

Attachments

• RS_Capture_07_Navarra.jpg
    RS_Capture_07_Navarra.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Just received my order confirmation from Audi factory and so now will be able to track !!

Build date 14th August so hopefully get in September

When you all post up delivery dates can you also post country too as we have no idea if UK orders or not. Cheers.

TX.

Doesn't Europe shut down in August? Surprised with an August build date.

TX.

Can only go with what tracker has set as a date

Just got finance quote and GFV after 4 years been given as £23,132

Mine is with 10K a year - eventhough I do about 3-4 didnt want to be limited