Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Surely Audi will offer different options for the sport back wheel in the UK? The rotors are so boring compared to other RS model wheels.

Phew, had us all worried then for a minute ;) I'm excited too, time will soon go! Chuffed you have gotten one :D

Thanks! I just double checked my order form.
How quick will it go onto the audi tracking system thing? I've just asked for an order number from my dealer so when I get that will it be on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How quick will it go onto the audi tracking system thing? I've just asked for an order number from my dealer so when I get that will it be on?

I got my order number the same day I placed my order, it took 7 days to be able to track on youraudi, but I think some have found it to be quicker.

I had an email from Audi UK on the 14th saying they had exciting news about my new car and with an order number. Just checked online and my order was originally requested on the 22nd June as it was one of their allocation. They altered the spec for me on the 5th/6th July.

I repeatedly asked for an order number and the salesperson would respond to all questions except for that, he was still useless after he told me the build week.. I only had mine because Audi UK sent it! I think we can see the build before a week is allocated, providing your dealer isn't being a t**.

I tried for an hour or so after the Audi UK email and it said it didn't recognise my order (had to give order number and postcode), but within a couple of hours it started working and been fine ever since.

did you get a discount. if so how much. Also are you in the uk

Not sure whether they gave me a discount on the RS3 or a very good price for the S3, or maybe a bit of both. Assuming the S3 is worth about 23500 (what I had been offered elsewhere) I'm getting about £4000 off the RS3. I'm happy with that.

Yes I'm in the UK.

Surely Audi will offer different options for the sport back wheel in the UK? The rotors are so boring compared to other RS model wheels.

Well people are ordering cars and there is one wheel choice, so it looks to be a no!

Just a thought.....if you want to amend anything on the car will it delay the order?

Just a thought.....if you want to amend anything on the car will it delay the order?

It can do, it can delay and bring it forwards.. luck of the draw! Something silly like brake calliper paint could set it back 6 weeks, or bring it forward.. think it's to do with the way they group similar build cars together.. must be.

Strangest thing, led on the sun lounger on holidays about to drop off to sleep and I woke to a rumble.. it went off once more and it was 110% an RS3 :lmfao: Saw one pass the hotel a few days ago, Mythos Black.. with everything else blacked out (Costa Del Sol). Strange how despite being dead to the world, it sprung to attention.. I think I'd recognise that bark anywhere now!

It can do, it can delay and bring it forwards.. luck of the draw! Something silly like brake calliper paint could set it back 6 weeks, or bring it forward.. think it's to do with the way they group similar build cars together.. must be.

Strangest thing, led on the sun lounger on holidays about to drop off to sleep and I woke to a rumble.. it went off once more and it was 110% an RS3 :lmfao: Saw one pass the hotel a few days ago, Mythos Black.. with everything else blacked out (Costa Del Sol). Strange how despite being dead to the world, it sprung to attention.. I think I'd recognise that bark anywhere now!

Thinking of adding tyre pressure indicator but might do it now before it's too late.

Thinking of adding tyre pressure indicator but might do it now before it's too late.

I wanted to add that too, I forgot when it came to ordering. You know it is just the advanced one with live pressures and temps? Gimmick really.

Thought of adding that and maybe change the trim to the carbon interior but worried it might delay.

Thought of adding that and maybe change the trim to the carbon interior but worried it might delay.

I'd love the carbon trim but it is seriously expensive. The standard one is an RS alternative not in the other cars.

I'd love the carbon trim but it is seriously expensive. The standard one is an RS alternative not in the other cars.

There is a silver trim too a race one or something. I've not seen that in the flesh though

Another review, pretty long one. This time from the US, a nardo grey RS3 Saloon.

There is a silver trim too a race one or something. I've not seen that in the flesh though

The Aluminium race trim I've seen before, the 3D one they are advertising as standard I believe is a new trim.

The Aluminium race trim I've seen before, the 3D one they are advertising as standard I believe is a new trim.

What do you make of the race trim? I might need to see if I can see it in person then.

What do you make of the race trim? I might need to see if I can see it in person then.

It's quite plain IMO, nice trim nonetheless. I was going to tick it, but then I saw how nice the standard trim looked in a video and instantly made my mind up.

No discounts seem to be the norm, bought a brand new S3 Sportback from Aberdeen Audi last October, enquired about a brand new RS3 yesterday and was told...No discounts ! Merc and BMW Aberdeen getting a visit soon to see what they have in comparison

All ordered due first week in October
FullSizeRender 2

FullSizeRender

Reactions: Djs3saloon
I'll have the suspension off your current RS3 if it's going on the cheap! ;)

Interesting you've gone for the FL. I know Aoon was planning on waiting and seeing how well it tunes compared to the old engine.
The TTRS tunes up to 500hp really easy so RS3 bound to be the same.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS-jay and tomwrigleyperformance
The TTRS tunes up to 500hp really easy so RS3 bound to be the same.

TX.

Give it a few more years and they'll be hot hatches coming out of the factory with 1000bhp at this rate. Sounds silly, but then just 10yrs ago people would have thought it crazy to have a 400bhp A3!

Reactions: Terminator x
I'll have the suspension off your current RS3 if it's going on the cheap! ;)

Interesting you've gone for the FL. I know Aoon was planning on waiting and seeing how well it tunes compared to the old engine.

Yes I will do a deal for you once they are off and ready.

We will see I have a TTE625 ordered so will fit that once the car arrives.

Nice spec. Are you not planning to fit AP's?

Yes 100%, they are a direct fit also, the reports Ive already herd are the new cars are have the same issues as the old ones.

Reactions: Callum66 and D0C
All ordered due first week in October
View attachment 131178
View attachment 131177

That looks great! Something worth noting, I was intrigued by the wireless charging (own an iPhone but it has to be coming soon). However, you have to wonder whether it will work the same as a USB connection. To have full capability with the MMI, the phone needs to be Hard Wired and this has to still be the case now. So you will be wireless charging at a compromise of sound and capability, something worth considering. For £325, I chose to plug my phone in and not take the chance.

That looks great! Something worth noting, I was intrigued by the wireless charging (own an iPhone but it has to be coming soon). However, you have to wonder whether it will work the same as a USB connection. To have full capability with the MMI, the phone needs to be Hard Wired and this has to still be the case now. So you will be wireless charging at a compromise of sound and capability, something worth considering. For £325, I chose to plug my phone in and not take the chance.

I got it on my S3 and the phone box itself isn't big enough if you got a wire connected to it.

I got it on my S3 and the phone box itself isn't big enough if you got a wire connected to it.

Is that if it's a wireless charging box? I can fit my iPhone 7 Plus in my standard compartment with a lead on.

I think its a nice extra to have when coming to re sell the car.

Is it not a selling point to sell with the upgraded brakes?
Is there a price for your brake kit on your thread? Just curious what it is. I am having to limit forum trawling time while on holiday, Mrs' isn't happy ;)

Some people won't pay for the upgraded parts so better / easier to remove them and sell the car as standard.

TX.

Reactions: tomwrigleyperformance
Is that if it's a wireless charging box? I can fit my iPhone 7 Plus in my standard compartment with a lead on.

Yeah it is. I have a Samsung S6 Edge and it fits fine without a lead in but I usually keep the Aux cable in if I want to listen to music. With the Aux cable in, there is space for the phone to fit but it's a struggle to get it in without taking out the Aux cable first. Should be find if you find a cable that doesn't stick out much though.

Yeah it is. I have a Samsung S6 Edge and it fits fine without a lead in but I usually keep the Aux cable in if I want to listen to music. With the Aux cable in, there is space for the phone to fit but it's a struggle to get it in without taking out the Aux cable first. Should be find if you find a cable that doesn't stick out much though.

Like I said previously I'm happy to keep plugging in for superior media quality, plus Apple don't support this facility yet.

Is it not a selling point to sell with the upgraded brakes?
Is there a price for your brake kit on your thread? Just curious what it is. I am having to limit forum trawling time while on holiday, Mrs' isn't happy ;)

As TX said, I prefer to sell as standard. PM me and I can give you the details on the brake kits.

S***..... just checked the tracker out of boredom on mine, build has only come forward 5 weeks to 23rd October :O :O

This is 3 months earlier than expected, looks like I'm going to be getting some overtime in :lmfao:

Small matter now of selling the S3, looks like I will end up paying the monthly on both and sale/return the S3.

Are people seriously managing to get any discount on the new RS3 ? Some people saying they have discounts in the thousands. I know they say discounts may damage the brand but everyone loves a few quid off so you have to try.

"Discount" is probably not the right term, I guess technically is more like a dealer contribution ??

Are people seriously managing to get any discount on the new RS3 ? Some people saying they have discounts in the thousands. I know they say discounts may damage the brand but everyone loves a few quid off so you have to try.

"Discount" is probably not the right term, I guess technically is more like a dealer contribution ??

People are supposedly getting it, but I don't know how because these cars are selling themselves in the thousands already worldwide.

People are supposedly getting it, but I don't know how because these cars are selling themselves in the thousands already worldwide.

Thats what I expect, new model in the UK so pretty hard - yes there will be some with contacts and the like but generally its got to be pretty hard. Some mention above of £3k and £4k discounts I thought was impossible.

Nobody wants to order a new car to find they missed out on a few grand, a few hundred quid is easy to take - I suppose those who want the first on the UK roads will always pay a premium.

Agree I've bough quite a few Audi's in the past and with any new release ive foun dit very difficult to get discount as one of the first wanting that car. Maybe after 6 months you might be able to get discount but on the RS3 found difficult