Uk RS3 blown engine!

You sure its not an owd Norton

Useless without pics

I wouldn't say it's "useless" unless you don't have audio on your computer :lmfao: everyone is so distrusting these days......:think:

something from the inlet manifold dropped off into one of the cylinders , Audi gave the guy a new car ASAP ,Poor guy I'm not sure if he's on here but I have spoke to him on a diff board
shocking to hear its like somone swapped your engine in the night with one out of an old transit
Scary stuff

Last edited:
You sure its not an owd Norton

Useless without pics

not been to the dealership since it was picked up, cant really face it tbh, the whole situation has been deeply depressing

audi and my dealer have been superb, from the sound of it they made me a slot for a new car, according to audi its the last UK car (although some exclusive cars will be deilvered later as they take a lot longer), but i have to wait and wait and wait, week 18 ...

HCb4LU9u.jpg

not been to the dealership since it was picked up, cant really face it tbh, the whole situation has been deeply depressing

audi and my dealer have been superb, from the sound of it they made me a slot for a new car, according to audi its the last UK car (although some exclusive cars will be deilvered later as they take a lot longer), but i have to wait and wait and wait, week 18 ...
Gutted mate about your baby:crying:.. At least they're replacing it. Have you ordered it in the same spec? Is there not a car they have on the books already they could do a deal on? I wonder what they'll do with your car.. It can't be a write off, can it?

Gutted mate about your baby:crying:.. At least they're replacing it. Have you ordered it in the same spec? Is there not a car they have on the books already they could do a deal on? I wonder what they'll do with your car.. It can't be a write off, can it?

I love the car in white with black trim and the black and red rims, i have been able to add the black roof rails (mini avant look) bose and the rain windows which where missing off mine, i also spec'd the wider front rims

Good luck with the new car.
at least it didn't happen creating a dangerous driving situation.

it was really odd, it had been in the dealership for a week to investigate an odd engine noise, they couldnt find anything, i drove it home, it seamed ok, but near home it cut out twice but sounded ok, i started it the next day and clank clank clank ...

I love the car in white with black trim and the black and red rims, i have been able to add the black roof rails (mini avant look) bose and the rain windows which where missing off mine, i also spec'd the wider front rims
I hope they're chucking some of those upgrades for free as a goodwill gesture for you being inconvenienced and your patience mate:detective2:

I hope they're chucking some of those upgrades for free as a goodwill gesture for you being inconvenienced and your patience mate:detective2:

Audi dropped off an S3 DSG yesterday :w00t:

amazing the difference between the S3 and the RS3, good car thou

Wow! Sorry to hear that your experience has been tainted. The RS3 is a fantastic car by most accounts hope Audi take care of you for the inconvenience. Glad to hear you've got an S3 to swan about in until yours is sorted :)

No way! Thats bad. Painful worse noise ever to a petrol head.

Sorry to hear Mate.

Hope it all works out and Audi look after you.

The hardest part is the wait.... My build weeks is locked, looking at mid June delivery, had to wait sooo long to get the car and now waiting even longer now ....

They deal they have offered me is fair but it is an expense I hadn't budgeted on which is going to hurt, probably shouldn't have chucked the 255 tyres on the new one as its a hugely expensive for a half inch upgrade ..

The dealer has promised me something which I hope they are going to do. Would make my year and make me a very happy bunny.

Waiting to get my plate put on retention atm

The S3 is so much like my R32 in terms of handling behavior, so easy to drive 100% everywhere, 4 wheel drifts just like the R32, the main difference is the big dead torque dead zone below 2k, the R32 just had instant explosive torque which made it a far more effective every day weapon. Fuel economy in the S3 is as bad as the R32, it needs that tall 7th gear. Its so completely different to the RS3, you wouldn't know they where related if you drove them blindfolded.

The hardest part is the wait.... My build weeks is locked, looking at mid June delivery, had to wait sooo long to get the car and now waiting even longer now ....

They deal they have offered me is fair but it is an expense I hadn't budgeted on which is going to hurt, probably shouldn't have chucked the 255 tyres on the new one as its a hugely expensive for a half inch upgrade ..

The dealer has promised me something which I hope they are going to do. Would make my year and make me a very happy bunny.

Waiting to get my plate put on retention atm

The S3 is so much like my R32 in terms of handling behavior, so easy to drive 100% everywhere, 4 wheel drifts just like the R32, the main difference is the big dead torque dead zone below 2k, the R32 just had instant explosive torque which made it a far more effective every day weapon. Fuel economy in the S3 is as bad as the R32, it needs that tall 7th gear. Its so completely different to the RS3, you wouldn't know they where related if you drove them blindfolded.

Following this thread.
You a re correct about the handling and feel of the S3 and RS3.
the suspension setup/ride, steering, braking all feel more composed.
naturally the punch from the engine is stunning .
Good luck with the replacement

Really sorry to hear about the car, not quite what you expect to happen on that kind of car. At least Audi are doing you right.

Completely agree about the s3 needed a taller end gear though! Mine feels like its racing all the time when on motorways and the like. Never relaxes and settles down when on a cruise.

Bring on June!

Blimey, I know I'm late to this but it's a bit of a shocker of a story. Nowhere near on the same scale but I had a Westfield Megabird engine let go one me about 3 weeks into ownership, expensive on the wallet and difficult to accept at the time. I was tempted to cut my losses but instead part-ex'd it for a Duratec car engined Sport 2000, should have learned because the clutch went on that after just one trackday! That was the end of kit car ownership for me, if I want to drive one now I rent a BatCat. I prefer driving cars to fixing them.

I'm glad to hear Audi and the dealer are sorting it out well and I empathise with the costs, that year in Westfields cost me more than I want to remember.

Hope Audi are playing the under promise / over deliver game and you are back in your new RS3 soon.

Last week my engine was blown in the exact way as Dave's... Anyone knows if more cars have experience the same issue?

Good thing is that a completely new engine is on its way from Germany. According to the dealer I'll have my car back next week already. The new engine costs £20k but car is under warranty still.

Not that ive heard until now ,sorry to hear this ...

Last week my engine was blown in the exact way as Dave's... Anyone knows if more cars have experience the same issue?

Good thing is that a completely new engine is on its way from Germany. According to the dealer I'll have my car back next week already. The new engine costs £20k but car is under warranty still.

Mine went at 3000 Miles faulty injector that caused internal damage in No:1 Cylinder so they decided to replace the complete Engine (was without the Car for 5 Weeks but had a goodwill gesture from Audi)
Glad I held off on the remap as I was considering it in the next couple of Months