UK group buy for MethodEffects 8V FL front splitter

If there is another Group buy on these fantastic looking splitters then count me in! :yes:

Damn I may be interested in one of these!

If we get a list together... Certainly guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: deanshaw24 and Sandra
Navarra :)
IMG 20171103 091954 010

ALU option in the works ;)
IMG 20171104 225335 545

Reactions: Jassyo06, Sandra and Mark_86
Interesting....same US price as standard finish or ?
Pricing will likely be a bit north of standard. We're really doing this to reach out for buyers who want the finish even since it's much higher cost for us. But hey, we're about making things possible.

We're also working on another finish TBD and will be released soon and our RS3 SPLITTER!

BUMP
We are gauging interest in RS grill options for the FL

If so, please let us know if you'd rather with/without plate mounts and if you're equipped with ACC

Oooo... @MethodEffects got any pictures? I'd be interested depending on price and looks.

Also,, are you doing one's with number plate holders and ACC sensor cut out?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and MethodEffects
Oooo... @MethodEffects got any pictures? I'd be interested depending on price and looks.

Also,, are you doing one's with number plate holders and ACC sensor cut out?
No pix, sorry.

What we're trying to do is get a sense on whether we shoot for units with or without plate holers initially and to see how many of you have ACC.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

No pix, sorry.

What we're trying to do is get a sense on whether we shoot for units with or without plate holers initially and to see how many of you have ACC.

Ah I see. Ok, well I'd want a plate holder and I also have ACC.

BUMP
We are gauging interest in RS grill options for the FL

If so, please let us know if you'd rather with/without plate mounts and if you're equipped with ACC
You would prolly do best to work on both ACC and non-ACC versions as in some markets the front sensor is supplied as standard. I would also work on a single custom soulution for plate mounting, so that you would not need to make different versions of the grill.

Personally I would be interested in an rs3 without ACC but with front parking sensor mounts and a removable plate mount.

You would prolly do best to work on both ACC and non-ACC versions as in some markets the front sensor is supplied as standard. I would also work on a single custom soulution for plate mounting, so that you would not need to make different versions of the grill.

Personally I would be interested in an rs3 without ACC but with front parking sensor mounts and a removable plate mount.
Agreed on all counts. Hoping to lock in a run of some units soon!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Sandra
As l said on the splitter thread l will have one please
A black edition RS3 grill, no acc, but with reg holder, l really don't like the S3 standard grill.
Hopefully a good few guys will join in on here the more the better

Reactions: MattSedg
You can count me in on a black rs3 grill with acc and front sensors :)

I am definitely interested in a North American spec black RS3 with standard N/A license plate holder with parking sensors and no ACC for a 2017 FL S3 and I am sure that there would be a lot of interest for this for Canadian and US FL S3

I am definitely interested in a North American spec black RS3 with standard N/A license plate holder with parking sensors and no ACC for a 2017 FL S3 and I am sure that there would be a lot of interest for this for Canadian and US FL S3
You'll need the standard front grill mate with Matt aluminium surround
Audi rs3 2017 01
not the black one

@jassyo06 I thought about that but methinks the black would look better than the AL finish, even though I have a standard S3 finish. The black would optically diminish the size of the grill opening, which I find is too large. The chrome slats on the air intakes I like and also the AL finish on the rear bumper.

Reactions: Skid and Jassyo06
Great looking piece. In fact we have a prefacelift car where it's the same brand splitter, but a couple take aways from design differences.

First, we have a great relationship with Thomas at Emmanuele Designs.

Second, our design does not protude at such dimenension. We believe this matters as it's easy to ding and scrape the hell out of it, thus watch out for steep driveways and the like. I can post picks of what an agressive design can look like after some time taking on city driving.

Our design on our own facelift car has yet to get scrapped up and makes for ease of mind in city driving. Plus, we have carbon on the way. ;)

Second, our design does not protude at such dimenension. We believe this matters as it's easy to ding and scrape the hell out of it, thus watch out for steep driveways and the like. I can post picks of what an agressive design can look like after some time taking on city driving.

Those are very valid points.....take a look at some cars with extreme protruding splitters and even more so, if they have been lowered. They love aggressive speed bumps and steep driveways meeting the road and even crab walking those issues can result in damage.

Great looking piece. In fact we have a prefacelift car where it's the same brand splitter, but a couple take aways from design differences.

First, we have a great relationship with Thomas at Emmanuele Designs.

Our design on our own facelift car has yet to get scrapped up and makes for ease of mind in city driving. Plus, we have carbon on the way. ;)

Anything for he rear end of us FL saloon owners in the making?

Edit:
Christmas is coming ;)

Reactions: Mark_86
Mine made a break for freedom last month. The centre part of the splitter seemed to loose it's bolts holding it on and started flapping about. Scared the crap out of me as it made a horrible noise hitting the ground at 60mph. By the time I stopped, the splitter had been 'cheese grated' and looked nasty... got it up on the ramps to remove it and the bolts had rusted (the outside ones were solid still) and thus, had to grind them off at 22:00 in the evening (neighbors loved it). So... my S3 is splitter-less these days... tbh, it looks fine without it, but some angles can look a bit high at the front now.

Shame.

Reactions: S1Pete and Jassyo06
Mine made a break for freedom last month. The centre part of the splitter seemed to loose it's bolts holding it on and started flapping about. Scared the **** out of me as it made a horrible noise hitting the ground at 60mph. By the time I stopped, the splitter had been 'cheese grated' and looked nasty... got it up on the ramps to remove it and the bolts had rusted (the outside ones were solid still) and thus, had to grind them off at 22:00 in the evening (neighbors loved it). So... my S3 is splitter-less these days... tbh, it looks fine without it, but some angles can look a bit high at the front now.

Shame.
Stainless Steel bolts mate? Pity though sorry to hear it, but they are high maintenance to keep in mint looking condition...even when they're on the car lol

Mine made a break for freedom last month. The centre part of the splitter seemed to loose it's bolts holding it on and started flapping about. Scared the **** out of me as it made a horrible noise hitting the ground at 60mph. By the time I stopped, the splitter had been 'cheese grated' and looked nasty... got it up on the ramps to remove it and the bolts had rusted (the outside ones were solid still) and thus, had to grind them off at 22:00 in the evening (neighbors loved it). So... my S3 is splitter-less these days... tbh, it looks fine without it, but some angles can look a bit high at the front now.

Shame.
Mine didn't fit at all on my Face Lift - Three Door !

Stainless Steel bolts mate? Pity though sorry to hear it, but they are high maintenance to keep in mint looking condition...even when they're on the car lol

Yeah think so, whatever they supplied with it I used... nvm

Mine didn't fit at all on my Face Lift - Three Door !

Really... odd, considering the front end is the same for all S3 models.

Shame.
I had the same thing happen at motorway speed and had to pull over and cable tie everything up. Once I had the car in the air I found the screws were rusting but not actually the cause of the issue. I ended up binning all the supplied screws and bolts and used my own, and many many more of them. No issues since.

I had the same thing happen at motorway speed and had to pull over and cable tie everything up. Once I had the car in the air I found the screws were rusting but not actually the cause of the issue. I ended up binning all the supplied screws and bolts and used my own, and many many more of them. No issues since.

Lucky you had cable ties, I was 40 miles from home on a Sunday night in the middle of nowhere lol. Seems like better fixings should be provided then. Doesn't matter to me now, but anyone else who has one should check theirs to ensure it's still okay.