UK group buy for MethodEffects 8V FL front splitter

Hi Everyone!

Codes and instructions going out in a few minutes to those on the group buy. Check your inboxes when you get a chance. Thank you all for participating! We have a few days left so let's fill as many spots as we can!

Should the discount cancel out the shipping cost? It doesn't when I try (shipping $131.36, discount $112.00)

Could I get an update also please? :)
Screenshot 20170921 222536

Will pm tracking number

Reactions: MethodEffects, Mark_86 and MattSedg
Hi All,

I'd like to personally thank you for your patience while this customs work has been sort out. Sean has been excellent with coordination and communication between us parties.

We have been on the phone almost daily with UPS for updates regarding your shipment. As you can see it was dropped off on the 11th and the fact that it was still in our own state was concerning. As of the 20th it says that it had took flight... we apparently were on a 7 day hold for being an 'unknown international shipper', whatever that means.

Everything should be sorted out. Sean has done his customs work and we have done ours, so there isn't any reason why it should not show up by EOM. At this point we are at the mercy of UPS and our government to release the package for shipment and get it to your region.

Sincere apologies from us that UPS is failing to uphold their standards of shipping practices and time lines, we are doing everything in our power to make this all happen. Thank you for your understanding and thank you Sean again for being diligent with coordinating this group buy.

Andrew@MethodEffects

Reactions: seanbeckerleg, S1Pete, Mark_86 and 1 other person
To @MethodEffects ......In my experience in business, UPS are the worst company to deal with on International shipments. Their brokerage/paperwork costs are outrageous in many cases for small shipments and their shipping to delivery times are long. In fact the company I worked for would advise customers/suppliers to not ship UPS, as we would not accept the shipment. DHL and FedEx are way better.
This was from mostly the USA to Canada, under free trade in most cases.......to the UK???

Last edited:
Reactions: DJAlix, S1Pete and Mark_86
To @MethodEffects ......In my experience in business, UPS are the worst company to deal with on International shipments. Their brokerage/paperwork costs are outrageous in many cases for small shipments and their shipping to delivery times are long. In fact the company I worked for would advise customers to not ship UPS, as we would not accept the shipment. DHL and FedEx are way better.

We are realizing this, but we learn as we go. It happens.

Reactions: MattSedg, DJAlix and Mark_86
@MattSedg @DJAlix @Mark_86 @S1Pete @RustyTheSnowman @GaryC-S3
I have just had confirmation that the shipment will be delivered to me tomorrow some point.
The total to pay is £593.70 for the shipment.
This covers delivery of freight from airport to me, airport handling fees, duty & VAT.
The total divided by the amount of buyers comes to £75. This does not include shipping from me to you... those of you that are near the Buckinghamshire area are welcome to collect, otherwise I will arrange a courier to ship out to buyers that would prefer this. This will have to be a sign for courier at the buyers expense.
All that have paid a deposit will have the amount taken off the total owed.

I'll also send an a copy of the tax & duty invoice to anyone that wants it.

Payments can be made to seanbeckerleg@yahoo.co.uk via PayPal gift transaction which would be much appreciated.

Thanks again to all that's helped to make this happen!

Sean

Reactions: Mark_86 and MattSedg
I have just had confirmation that the shipment will be delivered to me tomorrow some point.
This covers delivery of freight from airport to me, airport handling fees, duty & VAT.
The total divided by the amount of buyers comes to £75. This does not include shipping from me to you... those of you that are near the Buckinghamshire area are welcome to collect, otherwise I will arrange a courier to ship out to buyers that would prefer this. This will have to be a sign for courier at the buyers expense.

Payments can be made to seanbeckerleg@yahoo.co.uk via PayPal gift transaction which would be much appreciated.

Sean
Nice one chief, and thanks @MethodEffects.

I'll send you a message tonight with my address as I will need courier.

Sean

Paid mate. Can you PM me your address as I may be able to collect (I'm only in Southampton, so not too far). @MattSedg If your my way or between, I could collect yours aswell and drop on my way back?

Reactions: MattSedg
Paid mate. Can you PM me your address as I may be able to collect (I'm only in Southampton, so not too far). @MattSedg If your my way or between, I could collect yours aswell and drop on my way back?
South lakes mate! :tearsofjoy: you can if you want like haha

Reactions: Mark_86
Received 10156782933839478

Nice early morning delivery! :)

Reactions: Schizophonic, DJAlix, Sandra and 1 other person
When ever you want. I'm free all day today & tomorrow
Would tomorrow evening be ok? Would be coming from an appointment with an R8 so will have my app suite with me if you need anything doing by way of a thank you :)

Reactions: Mark_86, seanbeckerleg, Sandra and 1 other person
Oooo... looking at the box, would you say it will fit in the back of an S3 sport back? :search:

Oooo... looking at the box, would you say it will fit in the back of an S3 sport back? :search:
The box is 176cm in length... I guess with seats down you'll be ok.
Failing that, I think you'd be ok to.take the splitter out the box and fit it in somehow

The box is 176cm in length... I guess with seats down you'll be ok.
Failing that, I think you'd be ok to.take the splitter out the box and fit it in somehow

Cool! Am I able to collect Sunday evening?

So I spent some time yesterday fitting the splitter....the first in the UK I think ;) aha!
I have to say..... it fits like a glove! @MethodEffects you must have put some good time into sculpting/making these and perfecting the fit.
It's so hard to get wrong!:salute:
Took me about 1.5/2 hours to do....but that's because I took my time and made sure I got it all right.
And I took some extra time to wipe down what dirt and dust that got collected underneath since leaving the factory 5 months ago :whistle2:

So, it's Easily doable to do at home on the drive, Just make sure you invest in some decent ramps (but be very careful coming off the ramps once spiltter is on....advisable to extend the ramp lip with a peice of wood on each side to prevent the splitter coming into contact with the ramps as mine did....no harm done fortunately. See uploaded pics)
I took some pictures of the job done this morning.... excuse the dirt and dust on the car, being Autumn & The oak tree my car is parked under is making a bit if mess everywhere and haven't had any time to clean it all up yet.
Picture heavy....enjoy! :racer:
20170928 122654
Screenshot 20170928 121954
Screenshot 20170928 121850
Screenshot 20170928 121832
Screenshot 20170928 121816
Screenshot 20170928 121750
Screenshot 20170928 123105
Screenshot 20170928 123112
20170928 122329
Screenshot 20170928 122220

20170928 114135
20170928 114158
20170928 114208
20170928 114511
20170928 114537
20170928 121656

:rockwoot::hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rolly12, azibux1 and 5 others
Sean, that looks amazing. :) x

Reactions: MattSedg
Amazing work, great work giving detailed coverage.

Its a lot of money for this but does finish off the car nicely and give me more of a sutler aggressive look.

Amazing work, great work giving detailed coverage.

Its a lot of money for this but does finish off the car nicely and give me more of a sutler aggressive look.
It is a lot of money I agree.... but we have to thank the fact we live across the ocean and our government with its ridiculously expensive tax & import duties for that. That & Shipping can cost nearly as much as the product itself.
If you were living within US you would definitely get what you payed for.

Imo it's still totally worth it, and the group buy helped made it that little more justifiable to the pocket.

I also agree.... MethodEffects have nailed the subtle aggressive look with this.
I hope in the future they'll have a rear to defuser to match :rock:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
That is a very nice finish to the front end and thanks for the extensive pics Sean. I will probably purchase this splitter and lucky me I can get it shipped it to my USA border pick up company for a very reasonable cost. I live in Vancouver which is a 30 minute drive away to Point Roberts in the States.
One question Sean.....have you noticed any wind/whistling noise with this attached?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Mark_86
That is a very nice finish to the front end and thanks for the extensive pics Sean. I will probably purchase this splitter and lucky me I can get it shipped it to my USA border pick up company for a very reasonable cost. I live in Vancouver which is a 30 minute drive away to Point Roberts in the States.
One question Sean.....have you noticed any wind/whistling noise with this attached?
Non what so ever! :)

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Mark_86
Looks really good Sean and sets the car off nicely.
I was also taken by your AstroTurf garage :yes:

Looks really good Sean and sets the car off nicely.
I was also taken by your AstroTurf garage :yes:
Aha! Makes for a more comfortable setting lol! Did me well whilst on my back under the s3 doing the splitter

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Reactions: seanbeckerleg, MattSedg, Mark_86 and 1 other person