UK COVID-19 coronavirus vaccinations - January/February 2021

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Some of us here are maybe a tad older than others and may/will be invited for 'coronavirus' vaccination jabs before others and so for the record we've now ours (1 male (moi) @ 75 years and 1 female @ (a little less in years) but clinically extremely vulnerable) booked: 1st jabs (both) on 3rd February and 2nd jabs (both) on 24th April

Hopefully ALL will go well for us and ALL you others out there... :thumbs up:

Take care, stay safe... :racer:

Reactions: pburv and Terminator x
Still a spring chicken mate, keep it up ;)

Reactions: pburv and 45bvtc
Some of us here are maybe a tad older than others and may/will be invited for 'coronavirus' vaccination jabs before others and so for the record we've now ours (1 male (moi) @ 75 years and 1 female @ (a little less in years) but clinically extremely vulnerable) booked: 1st jabs (both) on 3rd February and 2nd jabs (both) on 24th April

Hopefully ALL will go well for us and ALL you others out there... :thumbs up:

Take care, stay safe... :racer:
Mrs pburv had her jab just over two weeks ago. She works for NHS pharmacy.
I reckon it will be a while before I get mine.. As it stands at the moment I am below 9 on the gov. list.
Glad you and her indoors are sorted for one.
Keep safe the pair of you.:thumbs up:

Reactions: 45bvtc
Mrs pburv had her jab just over two weeks ago. She works for NHS pharmacy.
I reckon it will be a while before I get mine.. As it stands at the moment I am below 9 on the gov. list.
Glad you and her indoors are sorted for one.
Keep safe the pair of you.:thumbs up:

Thank you Paul :hi:Shielding now for 6-years with the copilot 'critically vulnerable' so nothing new with COVID but for sure once the 'jab' is done we'll not be taking any more risk just carrying on as per usual and taking as much care as possible.

Take care ALL, stay safe :thumbs up:

Reactions: pburv
All the best with the jabs @45bvtc ! I've had both of the jabs (pfizer). Stay safe. Ive had a lot of colleagues that felt a little ill especially after the 2nd jab. Fingers crossed you and mrs 45bvtc will be fine!

R

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and 45bvtc
How did you get on with the jabs @45bvtc ?

We both had the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine jab mid-day on Wednesday 3rd February. We both woke with a slight headache the following day. I also felt bodily 'cold' throughout that Thursday but Judith did not. Friday and since zero issues for either of us.

The process went very smooth: met at the car park, given forms to fill, booked in, handed over the forms and straight in for the jab. The only difference was that I got to sit down and Judith was jabbed while still standing, lol

Second jab already booked for both of us 24th April

Thanks for asking

Reactions: pburv and S3 Rav
Had the Pfizer first dose yesterday after work. Arm is aching at the insertion site but not excruciating. Woke up this morning and went until about lunchtime with nothing to note but this afternoon the chills have set in a bit.

Had the Pfizer first dose yesterday after work. Arm is aching at the insertion site but not excruciating. Woke up this morning and went until about lunchtime with nothing to note but this afternoon the chills have set in a bit.

Wrap up, stay warm, you'll be OK tomorrow...

Wrap up, stay warm, you'll be OK tomorrow...

Exactly what I've done :icon thumright: Tucked myself back into bed after lunch and have stayed here since. From looking at other reports, it'll be gone by the end of tomorrow so that'll put me ready to get under the car from Monday (I have a week of annual leave I'm using up).

I went through the actual illness over Christmas/New Year so this is fairly insignificant really.

Reactions: JackSmooth and 45bvtc
It is very interesting, of course, to watch people who are vaccinated. It's not going to start soon in our country, ******* third world

But it WILL be coming to you soon, Jack! The vaccine/ALL of this COVID vaccine is NEW both to us here in the UK and everyone else.

I mean, while us Brits are taking it readily (asap) our EU ex-partners are still refusing the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine we've already taken! Soooo bl**dy good to be OUT of the "shall we - shan't we - I'm not sure" EU blitherers!

I wanted to use the word 'CLOWNS' but that'd be disrespectful to clowns
6039.gif

So for sure you may be getting it sooner rather than later as the UK for sure will be having surplus vaccine sooner rather than later and that will be on its way elsewhere FOC! Just hope the EU dipsticks are not involved in the distribution thereof!

Have faith! Wear a mask, or two! Keep your distance, wash you hands regularly, and treat anyone and everyone else with caution - but be mega nice! For sure being 'nice' is FREE and EASY!

Take care, stay safe

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv