Facelift UK configurator

Phil3

Reaction score
Ive been fortunate enough to put an order in for a new RS3 saloon and probably like many on here, have been playing again and again on the Audi UK configurator

My question is... is every option on there? I see people saying they have spec’d for example TPMS or/and MATRIX headlights etc... but I can’t see them on there?!

Am I just looking in the wrong place or are there things missing from it?

Cheers

Thanks mate... that answers that one then, there’s a good few things missing off their website configurator

Are MATRIX lights worth the extra?

I’m also torn between getting mag ride or not?

Prices for what?

I've had my FL RS3 for almost two weeks and can honestly say the Matrix LED headlights are flipping amazing. Ya gotta see them do their thing illuminating the edges of the road ahead without dazzling the car in front. I'd never not select this option on a new car again, they really are brilliant :)

Reactions: Phil3
Totally agree with dunes7.

I was sceptical about the Matrix lights at first, passing it off as hype that sounded better on paper than it would in practise and any difference between the standard LED lights would be negligible. Until you've experienced them, you just don't know! Having recently seen them perform, there is no longer a question of doubt and would not be without! A lot of people comment on how the lights only really benefit other road users, but they benefit the driver just as much especially if you often drive on country/B roads as the high beam remains active at all times with the beam pattern adjusting enough so not to blind oncoming traffic or vehicles ahead, thus illuminating the road far better than standard LED's can.

Had I not selected the Matrix lights, I would have definitely got the 'high beam assist' option at £150, since you don't need that option with the Matrix, then the real cost of these lights is only £745, a bargain I say! Added bonus is you also get the dynamic turn signals at the front too!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies... apart from the front turn signals then, what is the difference between the matrix lights and high been assist?

Thanks for the replies... apart from the front turn signals then, what is the difference between the matrix lights and high been assist?
For best explanation to your question, watch this short intro on Matrix lights.....

With the Matrix LED light option, once you've pushed the stalk forward to activate "Main beam" the lights are constantly monitoring the road ahead and other road users and adjusting the lights accordingly. With high beam assist, when you activate "Main beam" the lights will dip when vehicles are detected ahead or oncoming.

Cheers that explains it all perfectly

I put my order in last week for the car so as it’ll be quite a bit away currently I can see me changing the spec a few time haha

Noticed that the UK configurator now has the MATRIX headlights on as an option

I have matrix on my S3 and I’ve got them on my RS3 order.

They are better than standard LED lights even without using the matrix high beam technology. They are brighter, look better and also have the cool front dynamic indicators.