UK build times

Vins

Sepang S3
Reaction score
So being very impatient, I can not stop browsing the forum and looking at all the reviews and videos I can find on the S3. Thankfully nothing has put me off so far...

I ordered last week and the dealer quoted 10 weeks but could be less.

How long is it taking all UK members guys to get their car after the order date?

I'm due to test drive on Saturday and hope I still like it as much as I do now... I've heard and read that there can be a little turbo lag but then also heard that the S3 is simply quick in every gear.. The test will reveal all I guess!

I ordered on the 19th of Jan and was told build week 11, since I have been told it has been moved forward to build week 10 with a mid April delivery :)

I ordered on the 31st Jan. build week 14 was initially told 17. But no further word on it as yet. Fingers crossed it comes forward.

So being very impatient, I can not stop browsing the forum and looking at all the reviews and videos I can find on the S3. Thankfully nothing has put me off so far...

I ordered last week and the dealer quoted 10 weeks but could be less.

How long is it taking all UK members guys to get their car after the order date?

I'm due to test drive on Saturday and hope I still like it as much as I do now... I've heard and read that there can be a little turbo lag but then also heard that the S3 is simply quick in every gear.. The test will reveal all I guess!
Re Build week, does his system show Status or Code 10 i.e. Factory Order with Production week?
Worth getting the order number and then you can phone Audi Customer service and check on status without bothering the dealership

Nothing yet.. I ordered a week today but he's not been in touch since.

Can you check your order online on the Audi website? I think you need a VIN to do this?

Nothing yet.. I ordered a week today but he's not been in touch since.

Can you check your order online on the Audi website? I think you need a VIN to do this?
No, you only get VIN once the car is BUILT

IF the car is in the system, within a day or so, the Dealer gets an Order Number with a Code 10 status ie it is in the factory order system with a provisional production week, which can change

You can then ring Audi Customer service on 0800 699888 if in UK?? and, armed with Order number and a few checks, you can check status

Will see what info they have on Saturday.

I'm intrigued to hear what @veeeight knows....

Reactions: phil1824
I ordered first week of October and was given BW48 that changed to BW47. Picked up on 19/12 (could have had it a week earlier). You will love the S3 I'm sure. Superb car.

Reactions: Vins
I'm intrigued to hear what @veeeight knows....

It's not very interesting ....

I find the S3 very underwhelming to drive and not a very dynamic car.

It's competent at most things, but suffers from lifeless steering and totally rubbish suspension.

But it's only an opinion, others love their S3's and it's the right choice for them.

Reactions: Vins
Ordered early dec...quoted may o_O

Due to the exclusive colour am presuming..

When I ordered my A3 last year I placed the order on 10 February, it was built 5 weeks later and I was driving it after a total of 9 weeks. This was the quickest of any of my A3s but I think I took over an order that the dealer had already placed to replace one of their demonstrators. The dealer had originally quoted a total of 18 weeks.

14 week wait for me and mine was LHD.
I agree with veeeight, very effective & efficient but not dynamic - I would compromise a little of its efficiency for a little more fun. I had more fun, albeit going much slower, in a recent hired Focus 1litre ecoboost thing, sometimes the Audi is far too serious to have a laugh and the manual needs a 7th gear.

Dynamique is widely improved by using the MTM Cantronic box ! :)

Reactions: veeeight
Thanks for the replies... The test drive will determine my thoughts on Saturday.

A couple of years ago I had a 210bhp Supercharged Cooper S that had an addictive supercharger whine. I just hope the S3 will throw me back in the seat as much as that did..

If it doesn't, I don't know what to do....:(

Finally received confirmation of my S3's build week, week 14, currently at Code 10. Somehow dealer ordered car in the wrong colour - Sepang Blue. Hopefully he can change this still!

Finally received confirmation of my S3's build week, week 14, currently at Code 10. Somehow dealer ordered car in the wrong colour - Sepang Blue. Hopefully he can change this still!
Oh no!! You don't want Sepang. So terribly common!

It's not very interesting ....

I find the S3 very underwhelming to drive and not a very dynamic car.

It's competent at most things, but suffers from lifeless steering and totally rubbish suspension.

But it's only an opinion, others love their S3's and it's the right choice for them.

Really,well l am jumping from a 2013 Ford Focus ST3.....Fantastic car won numerous car magazine awards to a S3 SB..and the S3.........drives very similar but faster...than the ST..even the ST's steering is a bit on the lifeless side straight on,as are all hot hatchbacks these days,driven all of them, barring the nasty/tasteless/chavy Megane.

but on the other hand, l do agree with you on the harshness of the Audi's ride comfort

One thing that the Megane did well was the steering a very engaging drive. Build quality on the dieppe built ones left something to be desired. The last 250 I had was much better. Great performance for the price TBH.

Ride quality in the Megane made the S3 feel soft by comparison tho.

I got told today I was build week 16 (2nd week April) so looking at mid May/end of May for pick up. Least I get the good weather

I ordered mine on the 18th Jan and managed to get a BW9.
Dealer e-mailed last Thursday to tell me that it was now built and provided me me with the chassis number.
Just got to wait for it to find its way over from Germany now !

I ordered my S3 saloon last June, with 8K+ worth of extras and was told delivery wouldn't be until May this year! However, having hugely underestimated the UK demand, the factory then increased their production to allow for orders in the pipeline and happily my car was ready for me last November. So that was five months and not eleven as I was originally quoted!

I believe waiting times are considerably better now.

The usual questions abound re Manual vs. Automatic ... the lag you refer to is more evident on the automatic I understand. I went for the manual and am totally delighted. It pulls amazingly in any gear from about 1,800 rpm and the exhaust note is really lovely, without being all Suburu WRX in yer face about it!

Enjoy yours when it arrives!

Been for a test drive today in a sportback, absolutely loved it! The pull is great and speed limits are reached VERY quick!

Really can't wait to get it now. Still no build date yet. Should hopefully get this soon.

Need to try and forget about it and be patient

I've just been confirmed build week 24 (w/c 8th June 2015) - how long am I look at for delivery ? :)

Thanks guys !

3-4 weeks is typical following the car being built.

Many thanks Brasso for the info !

On another note I have opted for the SAT NAV - does the S3 also allow phone setup as standard ?